Pittsburgh City Council passes 'ban t...

Pittsburgh City Council passes 'ban the box' bill

There are 8 comments on the New Pittsburgh Courier Online story from Dec 20, 2012, titled Pittsburgh City Council passes 'ban the box' bill. In it, New Pittsburgh Courier Online reports that:

The Moores never expected that a few clicks of the mouse and strokes of the keyboard would change their lives forever.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New Pittsburgh Courier Online.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Dec 21, 2012
So now. felons may be teaching our children. Felons may be maintaining our city parks. Thanks, Democrats, you have just put the fox in charge of the hen house. My question? When one of these felons is arrested and convicted again, which politician will volunteer to serve his time and pay his court costs. Who will be held responsible?
Da Old Fool rolls on

Uniontown, PA

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Hey, old man, do you realize how many recent members of the PA state legislature- from BOTH parties, and chambers- are now serving time for felonies committed in office? And it isn't any better in the US Congress; some- again, from both parties- had criminal records even before their election!
Who

Irwin, PA

#3 Dec 21, 2012
As long as the Moores changed your lives, who cares?

Since: Dec 12

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Dec 22, 2012
Standard "urban" Pittburgh. So a good hard working, law abiding, tax paying person who is eleigible for a job, could get bumped out by some criminal. Great job Pittsburgh. These are the people who's salaries are paid the law abiding taxpayers, yet, they work against us.

“Clinton is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Dec 22, 2012
Da Old Fool rolls on wrote:
Hey, old man, do you realize how many recent members of the PA state legislature- from BOTH parties, and chambers- are now serving time for felonies committed in office? And it isn't any better in the US Congress; some- again, from both parties- had criminal records even before their election!
Just what does that have to do with some rapist on the city payroll, working with kids and women? Again, my question, who will will be responsible when even one of these dodo's slips back and hurts a kid or a woman. Will the council say it will serve the time? Will the politicians pay the court costs? Where is the responsibility?
Doctor Wellbee

Carnegie, PA

#6 Dec 22, 2012
End affirmative action and quotas based on gender and race. Merit employment for nonfelons. America can no longer afford to coddle splittails and obamatangs.

Since: Dec 12

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Dec 22, 2012
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what does that have to do with some rapist on the city payroll, working with kids and women? Again, my question, who will will be responsible when even one of these dodo's slips back and hurts a kid or a woman. Will the council say it will serve the time? Will the politicians pay the court costs? Where is the responsibility?
Agreed. Nobody wants to take responsibility for anything they do. They will just point the finger at someone else. When it happens, don't worry, it will be blamed on the criminal not getting enough attention when they were a kid, or being bullied, or the world not understanding them. Pathetic.
Da Old Fool rolls on

Uniontown, PA

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Just what does that have to do with some rapist on the city payroll, working with kids and women?
My point was that the fox is already in charge of the hen house in government. Actually, I believe the article provided too little information for a definitive answer to the broader question presented by "ban the box," but I do have unanswered questions, and so unresolved concerns regarding the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reamstown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Cambell Aug 24 pepfarmer 2
News EPA raises water issues (May '10) Aug 22 The water guy 2
News Ephrata woman arranges meeting with Bon Jovi fo... Jul '16 kelly 2
News Ephrata Merchants Association replaced by The E... May '16 MGM 1
News Police: Shoplifting suspect wanted in NJ for fa... Apr '16 Mitchell 1
News Five Guys, Starbucks McDonald's on the way (Nov '13) Jan '16 Yogo 6
News Man Guilty Of Beating Wife With Wooden Paddle F... (Oct '13) Jan '16 Yogo 14

Reamstown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Reamstown Mortgages