Muhlenberg police cite Berks judge candidate with harassment

Feb 21, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reading Eagle/Reading Times

A West Reading lawyer and candidate to fill a vacancy on the Berks County Court bench has been cited for threatening to assault a Muhlenberg Township police officer.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 21, 2013
 
Sounds like a BS charge.

Stuff like this is why some people dislike and distrust cops.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 22, 2013
 
Given that the police officer in question has difficulty dealing with his combat experiences, perhaps he should find another line of work before he has an unfortunate relapse with an innocent citizen.
avi

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 23, 2013
 
It sounds like a man that wants the title of Your Honor, but no idea what it means to be honorable. He expects the law to work around him because he's a lawyer. What will he expect when he's a judge?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 24, 2013
 
avi wrote:
It sounds like a man that wants the title of Your Honor, but no idea what it means to be honorable. He expects the law to work around him because he's a lawyer. What will he expect when he's a judge?
If speaking in a "sarcastic and mocking tone" to a cop is a crime, then we are all in heap big trouble.

Muhlenberg cops have tossed the First Amendment in the trash can.
avi

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

He threw a temper tantrum because they made him take his signs down. I would hope that someone who is running for a position such as judge would have little more respect for people. Especially those that served in the military.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

avi wrote:
He threw a temper tantrum because they made him take his signs down. I would hope that someone who is running for a position such as judge would have little more respect for people. Especially those that served in the military.
The candidate was not cited for failing to take down campaign signs, but for addressing the cop in a "mocking and sarcastic tone", hardly a crime.

As for the cop's military service, the service is appreciated, but the resulting PTSD may have made him unfit to serve as a police officer. Perhaps the cop should seek counseling and a new career.
avi

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 25, 2013
 
You are correct. The candidate wasn't cited for placing his sign, but still chose to mock the officer.

The officer was seeking help. He also took a major step of admitting his problem to encourage others to get help and erase the stigma of people getting help for their problems.

The candidate chose to take advantage of his weakness. You may feel this is an endearing quality for a judge, but I tend to feel differently.

The candidate has never mentioned any regret for his actions. He has never denied them either. He simply chose to pass the blame on everyone else instead of owning his mistakes.

The candidate chose to mock the the officer. If he didn't want it brought to the public's attention, he shouldn't have done it.

Whether the citation is warranted or not, the candidate never learned the lesson of not arguing with the guy with pen. I realize it is normally attributed to the media, but is appropriate here. Sometimes if you bully someone enough, they will bully back. Do we really want a bully on the bench?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

avi wrote:
You are correct. The candidate wasn't cited for placing his sign, but still chose to mock the officer.
The officer was seeking help. He also took a major step of admitting his problem to encourage others to get help and erase the stigma of people getting help for their problems.
The candidate chose to take advantage of his weakness. You may feel this is an endearing quality for a judge, but I tend to feel differently.
The candidate has never mentioned any regret for his actions. He has never denied them either. He simply chose to pass the blame on everyone else instead of owning his mistakes.
The candidate chose to mock the the officer. If he didn't want it brought to the public's attention, he shouldn't have done it.
Whether the citation is warranted or not, the candidate never learned the lesson of not arguing with the guy with pen. I realize it is normally attributed to the media, but is appropriate here. Sometimes if you bully someone enough, they will bully back. Do we really want a bully on the bench?
Do you really want a bully for a cop, particularly one with a "weakness" that causes him to react inappropriately when "mocked"?

Are you suggesting that cops are always right and should never be questioned?

Your papers please.
avi

Holtwood, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 27, 2013
 
I'm not sure what papers you are referring to and I clearly didn't state that the officer was right for filing the citation. I have always stated that the candidate was wrong for his actions.

The candidate should have been aware of the elements of the crime of harassment. If he met those elements of the crime, he could have been cited for it. Apparently he did if he received a citation.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

avi wrote:
I'm not sure what papers you are referring to and I clearly didn't state that the officer was right for filing the citation. I have always stated that the candidate was wrong for his actions.
The candidate should have been aware of the elements of the crime of harassment. If he met those elements of the crime, he could have been cited for it. Apparently he did if he received a citation.
Galt does not care about the candidate one way or the other.

Galt does care about a loose cannon walking around with a badge and a gun issuing citations to anybody who says anything that he doesn't like. Military service is praiseworthy, but does not entitle one to a job for which he is psychologically unsuited.

A citation is BS until decided in a court of law. No reputable attorney will prosecute this bogus case.

Muhlenberg should offer this officer a disability retirement and use better judgment in future hiring.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 27, 2013
 
avi wrote:
I'm not sure what papers you are referring to and I clearly didn't state that the officer was right for filing the citation. I have always stated that the candidate was wrong for his actions.
The candidate should have been aware of the elements of the crime of harassment. If he met those elements of the crime, he could have been cited for it. Apparently he did if he received a citation.
"Papers", as in bending over for the Gestapo for those who think the police are beyond questioning.

A fool like you would probably allow the police to search your car or your home without a warrant.
rrf

Kiev, Ukraine

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 28, 2013
 
both of these idiots were wrong. more of this needs to be brought to the public's attention though. just about every official in berks county is crooked in some fashion, but no one wants to change the status quo. especially in muhlenberg, where cops can steal from public under the guise of seizing evidence and only get a couple days off for it. try stealing from your neighbor and see what the cops do to you. you can also cheat on promotional exams in muhlenberg without worry of consequences because, once again, there are none.
phillypd

Paris, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 1, 2013
 
i know someone who works in muhlenberg, and i know that rrf's comments are true. that place is messed up. those cops feel like they deserve special treatment just because they wear a badge, especially that barrow. these guys are always looking for freebies and handouts. cronyism runs rampant in muhlenberg. and if you aren't part of the chosen clique, you get screwed. if you try to speak up and do the right thing, you get screwed. they do everything they can to continue their culture of corruption.
Heranthony

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 22, 2013
 
Primary was yesterday. Looks like the ladies did very well.

This guy? What kind of goof angers law enforcement knowing he is running? What was he thinking? You can't bet to win a county election and anger the cops.

And Muir? LOL He really does believe the crap he was dishing out to the voters? Smart citizens know the truth about him and his associates. Look where his placed his signs.....unpopular corrupt spots?...his strategies and "friends"...don't he/family/friends know he lacks ...so much....

Yep....Berks Countians were not ready for his low-stooping antics/values.....
volunteer, family man, experienced? or corrupt bully?......lol...lesson learned? He said he understood voter values...did he practice them....50 years old?...too bad.

Don't tell 'em....don't screw with law enforcement.

Luck to the ladies who understood that.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 22, 2013
 
Heranthony wrote:
Primary was yesterday. Looks like the ladies did very well.
This guy? What kind of goof angers law enforcement knowing he is running? What was he thinking? You can't bet to win a county election and anger the cops.
And Muir? LOL He really does believe the crap he was dishing out to the voters? Smart citizens know the truth about him and his associates. Look where his placed his signs.....unpopular corrupt spots?...his strategies and "friends"...don't he/family/friends know he lacks ...so much....
Yep....Berks Countians were not ready for his low-stooping antics/values.....
volunteer, family man, experienced? or corrupt bully?......lol...lesson learned? He said he understood voter values...did he practice them....50 years old?...too bad.
Don't tell 'em....don't screw with law enforcement.
Luck to the ladies who understood that.
If you want to surrender your Constitutional rights to a cop, be my guest.

Of course, you are a cop, because nobody else says "law enforcement."
Heranthony

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 24, 2013
 
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to surrender your Constitutional rights to a cop, be my guest.
Of course, you are a cop, because nobody else says "law enforcement."
Sorry..no cop here

...in Berks County some have to surrender all rights to those corrupt attorneys and judges who rule......like the mob...

the ladies are trying to clean it up....wanto to come and helpd?
truth no justice

Port Carbon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 14, 2013
 
Heranthony wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry..no cop here
...in Berks County PA some have to surrender all rights to those corrupt attorneys and judges who rule......like the mob...
the ladies are trying to clean it up....wanto to come and helpd?
Alleged...but true

Above poster is correct. There is a boys (and girls) club here as everywhere...some cops, judges, and attorneys run the show...dismiss honest citizens who fight drugs and violence as nuts in court when one of theirs is on trial....stick up for criminals using cocaine, pot, meth when related to another lawyer...or are they also exchanging money and favors?

Corrupt lawyers also vote for the most corruptible buddy as the next judge who will always rule in their favor, cut a corrupt deal. These guys party together for years, golf, associate.... this is well known.

If one is not in the loop, one loses...big time. A Berks County citizen not in the loop should ALWAYS get an attorney not affiliated with Berks.

The club is alive and well!!!!!!!!!! And flourishing corruptly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reading Discussions

Search the Reading Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr Condi Rice 51,181
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 8 hr Bobby Homestead the Man 3,800
Feeling down? Need any advice? Mon ABC 1
iron order mc, pennsylvania truth (Oct '10) Jul 16 Bagman 41
Review: Animal Clinic Of Reading - Dwight Rude DVM (Jun '11) Jun 25 Carol Rivera 13
Food stamp cuts hit Berks County hard (Nov '13) Jun '14 PuddingTame 9
Police Blotter: 3 charged as synthetic weed dea... Jun '14 lady 2
•••
•••

Reading News Video

•••
•••

Reading Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Reading People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Reading News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reading
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••