Reading Police: 'Open For Business' Despite Layoffs, Cutback - Regional News - Berks Story - WFMZ...

Full story: WFMZ

READING, Pa. -- Despite layoffs and cutbacks, Reading Police Chief Bill Heim said his department is still, "open for business." This after the Reading police assisted in the arrest of six mid-to-high level drug dealers.
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Apr 14, 2012
Lehigh Valley

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Reading police is pretty much useless against fighting crime anyway.They are kind of "after the fact" type force. If they had a better handle of things, you wouldn't be seeing murders in the streets everyday.
Reading is a cesspool, and really needs to flush the waste into an ocean somwehere.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Lehigh Valley wrote:
Reading police is pretty much useless against fighting crime anyway.They are kind of "after the fact" type force. If they had a better handle of things, you wouldn't be seeing murders in the streets everyday.
Reading is a cesspool, and really needs to flush the waste into an ocean somwehere.
Why pollute the ocean. Burn'em out!
Police wife

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Well my husband who is a cop in Reading is far from useless. Don't be such an idiot. Get your facts straight.
Think About It

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

I don't think the comment was made to pick at any one officer. I think the comment was more geared to the fact that the RPD is so understaffed & overwhelmed they can't be as proactive as they once were.
Rob

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Do you really live in Reading because the vast majority of the force does not. Why should they with a 3.6% earned income tax to pay salaries and benefits that allow people to start the job at well over $50K and qualify for retirement after 20 years, sometimes while they are in their early 40's
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Lehigh Valley wrote:
That is pretty much the case for all cops not just reading as they respond. Buy a gun. When seconds count cops are minutes away..
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

Police wife wrote:
Well my husband who is a cop in Reading is far from useless. Don't be such an idiot. Get your facts straight.
good luck to your husband being a cop in that area.
Jimbo

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

I'm sure the staties will be in there soon. Or just give the Codes Inspectors guns. They think they are cops anyway.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2011

KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pretty much the case for all cops not just reading as they respond. Buy a gun. When seconds count cops are minutes away..
Amen!
Julie

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2011

Judged:

Mitchell Vasquez is a scum bag from N.Y. so is his girlfriend Morgan Ziolkowski, both useless junkies, thanks you Reading Police for taking them off the street.You folks have made my day.
Reading PA Girl

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2011

The Reading Police need help from the National Guard or State Police. They cant handle the level of crime and drug dealers etc in the city.
Towanda

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2011

Judged:

Both mitchell vasquez whose change his name for velasquez.....jajajajja and morgan ziolkowsky whose does not more than use and sell the heroin and c
0caine. ocaine with her father.Thanks so much READING POLICE
Rick Miller

Birdsboro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Judged:

Berks county prison staff are corrupt just like the police in Reading.
abc

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2011

Judged:

So, since the definition of corrupt in dishonesty for financial gain. I'm sure you have evidence of this accusation that you have made against an entire department Rick. Or are you just a slug that got arrested and need to blame someone else for your mistakes?
nikki

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2012

Julie
You are a old nosey in the way hatin ass old bitch always have been always will be. She wasn't a junkie when you were letting her live in your house nd paying the bills by pills. That's how she paid her rent you dirty old bitch. So take your ass back to the pet store nd keep sleeping nd using hat old man. You dirty smeeze...

Nd correction to towanda
Mitchell never changed his name his moms last name is with a s and his is with a z you dumb ass nosey bitch.take your two cents nd shove it up your ass

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2012

nikki wrote:
Julie
You are a old nosey in the way hatin ass old bitch always have been always will be. She wasn't a junkie when you were letting her live in your house nd paying the bills by pills. That's how she paid her rent you dirty old bitch. So take your ass back to the pet store nd keep sleeping nd using hat old man. You dirty smeeze...
Nd correction to towanda
Mitchell never changed his name his moms last name is with a s and his is with a z you dumb ass nosey bitch.take your two cents nd shove it up your ass
Can you repeat this in English please? Thank You!
t-rex

Freeport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2012

Julie wrote:
Mitchell Vasquez is a scum bag from N.Y. so is his girlfriend Morgan Ziolkowski, both useless junkies, thanks you Reading Police for taking them off the street.You folks have made my day.
I love how junkies who spend half of their life in jail for junkie offenses, and the other half sleeping with dudes for money to support their dirty habits have any reason to be on her commenting. Hey julie, why don't u tell all of this forum how many times u have been in jail, and how many men u have used and slept with for money? And furthermore, you are a drug addict who was just mad bc Mitchell wasn't supportin your habit. Of course you would be on here, runnin your mouth, cuz that's what u do.....snitch.....and if you really want, I should throw your last name out on here so u can look like a real fool.....
nikki

Lititz, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2012

t rex... first off, that is not the julie u are thinking... second why dont u tell the whole forum how u suck mitchells dick for a bag but call youself a friend of his wifes lol, u are no more then a sad junkie, more like a wanna be morgan, which u will never be... julie is a lady ass lady from west lawn who has always hated on morgan, she is such a low life dirtball she stole morgans clothes.. smh everyone on here needs to mind there business and get there facts straight

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2012

Cleaning4less wrote:
The city needs more security. Maybe a curfew and a few wrecking balls to knock down the meth and crack houses.
Legalize marijuana and build a prison in the city.
I would like to know how many are illegals.
Reading suffers from all the minorities bri nging down the city.
Make drug testing for all the people on welfare mandatory and watch how quick they leave.
You're post makes too much sense... will need happen. It is the new America! NOBAMA 2012!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr Bill OReilly 51,275
Officials in Reading to Announce Graffiti Abate... (Mar '09) 19 hr Real artist 37
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Tue But Not Hussein O... 3,898
anyone know amanda schoen Aug 18 worried to death 1
How To Bring Peace To A Sad And Dangerous City.... Aug 13 Hoopty Do 2
Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) Aug 13 Holotta Wytrache 160
iron order mc, pennsylvania truth (Oct '10) Aug 9 NoBrain 43

Search the Reading Forum:
•••

Reading News Video

•••
•••

Reading Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Reading People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE