Despite grim poverty picture, Erie le...

Despite grim poverty picture, Erie leaders optimistic region can climb out

There are 22 comments on the Erie Times News story from Sep 24, 2011, titled Despite grim poverty picture, Erie leaders optimistic region can climb out. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

On Thursday morning, Colleen Burbules walked into the office of Sister Mary Miller to place her weekly food order for the Emmaus Ministries Kids Cafe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jefferson Davis

Norwalk, OH

#1 Sep 25, 2011
the food pantries need to spike the food with saltpeter or cyproterone , not spanish fly to stop the dirtbag population explosion.
Nasty

Erie, PA

#2 Sep 25, 2011
Look again at the words used in this Topix heading.... "grim poverty picture".
It's true,Erie presents a grim picture that gets worse with each passing day.And we expect our young people graduating with college degrees to stay here? To induce these energetic twenty somethings to stay with promises of a brighter future in this "grim poverty" town boarders on criminal.I know that some do indeed stay here after graduation but the numbers don't lie.More do pack up and leave Erie in the dust.Good for them.They know a losing proposition when they see it.
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Sep 25, 2011
Jefferson Davis wrote:
the food pantries need to spike the food with saltpeter or cyproterone , not spanish fly to stop the dirtbag population explosion.
they can`t work,but they sure can breed.
Oink

Norwalk, OH

#4 Sep 25, 2011
Nasty wrote:
Look again at the words used in this Topix heading.... "grim poverty picture".
It's true,Erie presents a grim picture that gets worse with each passing day.And we expect our young people graduating with college degrees to stay here? To induce these energetic twenty somethings to stay with promises of a brighter future in this "grim poverty" town boarders on criminal.I know that some do indeed stay here after graduation but the numbers don't lie.More do pack up and leave Erie in the dust.Good for them.They know a losing proposition when they see it.
If i were a young brainiac in erie i would jump on a chance to buy an inner city condo so i could network with all these dirtballs and parasites. it's all a bad joke in the cities nowadays.
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#5 Sep 25, 2011
Oink wrote:
<quoted text> If i were a young brainiac in erie i would jump on a chance to buy an inner city condo so i could network with all these dirtballs and parasites. it's all a bad joke in the cities nowadays.
thank your city leaders for the huge influx of section 8 moochers. the joke is on us.
TaxNoMore

United States

#7 Sep 25, 2011
Eerie wobbles on a "three-legged stool".

Federal "handouts"

State "handouts"

GE "handouts"

$ 147,583,908.00***(MILLIONS)*** to educate 12,400 kids

$59,175,547.00***(MILLIONS)*** in Wages and benefits for 638.6 employees

A $60.4 million budget to manage a city of 100,000 (about 20 square miles)
TaxNoMore

United States

#8 Sep 25, 2011
Despite grim poverty picture, Erie leaders optimistic region can climb out

NOVEMBER 21, 2007, 2:29 PM ET

The Mystery Millionaire Donor

By Robert Frank

The small town of Erie, Pa., is buzzing with news that an anonymous donor has given the town $100 million. The money will be spread over more than 40 charities, and is aimed at helping to restore some shine to a blighted corner of the Rust Belt. The impact will likely be large:$100 million works out to about $1,000 per resident.

This was 4 years ago!

That's 25 million a year to 40 charities?

WTF??
soasoas111

South Dayton, NY

#10 Sep 26, 2011
We should tax all the successful small businesses that make 250,000 in erie more.

thats shold help...right?
Dem Speak

Erie, PA

#11 Sep 26, 2011
soasoas111 wrote:
We should tax all the successful small businesses that make 250,000 in erie more.
thats shold help...right?
Yeah ! That way all the exrta money can be given to us little guys. And if we don't get that money at least we will feel better knowing the rich small business owners don't have it either. See how they like it then !

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#12 Sep 26, 2011
Dem Speak wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah ! That way all the exrta money can be given to us little guys. And if we don't get that money at least we will feel better knowing the rich small business owners don't have it either. See how they like it then !
Huh? That makes about as much sense as a fart!
Walter

Erie, PA

#13 Sep 26, 2011
Build a wall around Erie, at least 12' high. Then fill it up with water. Baldwin building can be renamed again. Hows Chimp Island work?
CRANK

Erie, PA

#14 Sep 26, 2011
Can't. Block laying to build a wall is work.
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#16 Sep 26, 2011
Dem Speak wrote:
<quoted text>
great post dem, i can tell you are a freeloading demacrat.
soasoas111

South Dayton, NY

#17 Sep 26, 2011
Dem Speak wrote:
<quoted text>
the scary thing is that is exactly what they think.
soasoas111

South Dayton, NY

#18 Sep 26, 2011
Dem Speak wrote:
<quoted text>
dem speak...are you saying you are jealous of small business owners who are employing people and are successful?
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#19 Sep 26, 2011
soasoas111 wrote:
<quoted text>
dem speak...are you saying you are jealous of small business owners who are employing people and are successful?
dem is jealous of anybody who is not on the baby for bucks program and lickin` foodstamps.
Barney McGurk

Erie, PA

#20 Sep 26, 2011
Hey lay off of dem speak. That is exactly how democrats speak.
Dem Speak

Erie, PA

#21 Sep 26, 2011
soasoas111 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dem Speak says that if the little guy don't have it then nobody should have it.
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#22 Sep 26, 2011
Dem Speak wrote:
<quoted text>
Dem Speak says that if the little guy don't have it then nobody should have it.
you are so right dem, take it from those who earn it and give it to the worthless slugs on the dole. it`s only fair.
Oink

Norwalk, OH

#23 Sep 26, 2011
i am going to start bagging my scat and give it to the little guys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Allentown to pay abortion protesters : The Morn... (Apr '07) Jun 20 weaponX 161
Manufacturing Workers -- The Real Safety Problem! Jun 7 WeKnowBetter 1
reading is a filthy, disgusting dump!!!! (Jan '08) May 30 jaksmak0707 76
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) May '17 silly rabbit 174
Review: DNS Towing (Jan '10) May '17 mick 3
LOCAL MUSIC TALENT: Berks County 1970's to 80's (Feb '16) Apr '17 jio 4
News Families Seeking Asylum Held Indefinitely at Pa... Apr '17 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1

Reading Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Reading Mortgages