Metcalfe touts proposals to 'halt Pa....

Metcalfe touts proposals to 'halt Pa.'s illegal alien invasion'

There are 10 comments on the www.post-gazette.com story from Aug 30, 2011, titled Metcalfe touts proposals to 'halt Pa.'s illegal alien invasion'. In it, www.post-gazette.com reports that:

A battle over proposed laws targeting illegal immigration was waged at the state Capitol today.

There was conservative Republican Rep. Daryl Metcalfe of Cranberry, who has vowed to rid Pennsylvania of "illegal aliens," vs. Sister Janice Vanderneck of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Baden, who said the Bible "compels us to welcome the strangers among us."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.post-gazette.com.

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#1 Aug 31, 2011
"the Bible "compels us to welcome the strangers among us."

The bible was written by man. Jesus didn't even write in it.

"unconstitutional. He said those rights are guaranteed by the 14th amendment to the U.S. Constitution."

"The phrase "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" was intended to exclude American-born persons from automatic citizenship whose allegiance to the United States was not complete. With illegal aliens who are unlawfully in the United States, their native country has a claim of allegiance on the child. Thus, the completeness of their allegiance to the United States is impaired, which therefore precludes automatic citizenship."

"The correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment is that an illegal alien mother is subject to the jurisdiction of her native country, as is her baby."

http://www.14thamendment.us/birthright_citize...

Since: Apr 10

Houston, TX

#2 Aug 31, 2011
"In 1866, Senator Jacob Howard clearly spelled out the intent of the 14th Amendment by stating:

"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

This understanding was reaffirmed by Senator Edward Cowan, who stated:

"[A foreigner in the United States] has a right to the protection of the laws; but he is not a citizen in the ordinary acceptance of the word..."

http://www.14thamendment.us/birthright_citize...
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Sep 2, 2011
one way to stop the invasion is to cut out the EBT cards and section 8.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 2, 2011
Strangers among us... They are Parasites & Thieves...
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#5 Sep 3, 2011
madcola wrote:
Strangers among us... They are Parasites & Thieves...
and ghetto engineers, everyplace they set up shop turns into a ghetto.
Nobody Special

East Greenville, PA

#6 Sep 3, 2011
Ever since this controversy began -- way back in the Beginning Days of the Dark Ages of The Global Adoption of Political-Correctness [sic] Thinking -- I've constantly been asking, "what is so hard to understand about the word "ILLEGAL"?!

I have yet to hear a cogent explanation of this peculiar phenomenon.

An ILLEGAL alien is ILLEGAL!
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#7 Sep 3, 2011
Nobody Special wrote:
Ever since this controversy began -- way back in the Beginning Days of the Dark Ages of The Global Adoption of Political-Correctness [sic] Thinking -- I've constantly been asking, "what is so hard to understand about the word "ILLEGAL"?!
I have yet to hear a cogent explanation of this peculiar phenomenon.
An ILLEGAL alien is ILLEGAL!
political correctness means the truth must be ignored.
conservative crapola

Zionhill, PA

#8 Sep 4, 2011
What about property tax reform? Teabaggers....hahahahahahahaha .
The Test

Gloucester, VA

#9 Sep 4, 2011
The Test
Fetus T Bluster

Winter Garden, FL

#10 Sep 5, 2011
conservative crapola wrote:
What about property tax reform? Teabaggers....hahahahahahahaha .
we can`t have property tax reform as long as we have to feed you slugs and pay for the baby for bucks program. food-stamps, the number one currency in the section 8 democratic hoods. you know what i am sayin`.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nelson Eckert, active in his church 19 min Baby pilot 12
Apartments For Rent, Reading PA Jun 18 RentReadingPA 1
anyone know amanda schoen (Aug '14) Jun 15 karen schoen 3
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) May '16 A3B77C8 170
News District $2-Million Short In Budget (May '10) May '16 KnowyJoey 40
reading pa - outrageous tax May '16 Outrageous 2
News Firm president admits to bribing Allentown, Rea... May '16 silly rabbit 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Reading Mortgages