Man shot to death in in Philadelphia was Allentown hip-hop artist

Sep 9, 2009 Full story: The Morning Call 27

Screen grab from YouTube video featuring Greg Jarvis on Reading PA on the Rise. The Morning Call , September 9, 2009 A 34-year-old hip-hop recording artist who had lived Allentown and performed at Musikfest and other local venues was found shot to death in a West Philadelphia house Monday afternoon.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SPEECHLESS

Calabasas, CA

#1 Sep 9, 2009
WOW, my heart IS SO SADDENED... GREG was a great friend. I moved away & lost contact w/him 15 yrs ago. 2 years i ago i reconnected w- him. I am blessed to have met up and chattted with him because it was then i realized he has grown up into a MAN, at the same time he did not forget where he was from... We talked about life in gerneral and he stayed positive through out the conversation. He loved his wife & children and the life he was making for himself. I was very Proud of him. What i am MOST greatful for is having the chance to cross paths with him. Upon seeing him he had that Big Cheesy Smile and when i spoke to him you can tell he was smiling just by his voice.. HE was just 2 kind for words... I will never forget him........ He's the type of person YOU CAN"T 4Get or want to..RIP GREG... M.S..cali
other agent

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Sep 9, 2009
I read about this but didn't know him.

Speechless, I'm very sorry about the loss of your friend.
Is this the same guy

Corona, CA

#3 Sep 9, 2009
Mete Jones

United States

#5 Sep 11, 2009
Greg aka Baby dredd was a gr8 friend of mine, we did music 2gether and was close as family, I've been in cali for 2yrs and I had 2 hear about this through a mutual friend. this seems so unreal, I keep waiting for him 2 hit me up. He was not only a gr8 musician, but a gr8 man, I feel so bad for his family especially his kids. We all are devastated and will take a long time to get over this. but his memory will live on 4ever in our hearts and everyone who was blessed to hear his music. "we love you dude" - The Jonez Boiz.... RIP Greg Jarvis aka Baby dredd.
shocked and amazed

Union, NJ

#6 Sep 13, 2009
Is this the same guy wrote:
http://ujsportal.pacourts.us/D ocketSheets/CPArchiveReport.as px?matterID=35338132
Look at the dates you A** H***. that was 16 years ago and it's all from one time......Does it not occur to you that it was a life and he had a wife and children who loved him. May god bless you and your family for you ignorance.
Is this the same guy

Corona, CA

#7 Sep 13, 2009
shocked and amazed wrote:
<quoted text>Look at the dates you A** H***. that was 16 years ago and it's all from one time......Does it not occur to you that it was a life and he had a wife and children who loved him. May god bless you and your family for you ignorance.
I was merely pointing out that this tragedy further validates two widely held truths:
1) Karma's a Bitch
2) Paybacks are Hell

There's no need for your salty, childish name-calling.
NUKE MEXICO

Pittston, PA

#8 Sep 13, 2009
one less rapper beitch.

good riddence, loser.

if more rappers were killed, it'd be a better place to live in.

please kill more rappers.

thank you.
roflcation

Dublin, PA

#9 Sep 14, 2009
If you want to kill rappers, help to kill social injustice.

Kill poverty.

Kill racism.

Kill classism.

Kill ignorance.

Thank you.
Edward Rommel

Medford, NJ

#10 Sep 14, 2009
What does this poll prove?
39ehonor

Redmond, WA

#11 Sep 14, 2009
HAhahaha--great news--another hip/hop "artist" is dead, killed in the streets of Filthadelphia--one less dead rapper in the world, very nice to hear
T Rex

Medford, NJ

#12 Sep 15, 2009
Kanye is hip hop, what does he prove?
JohnnyBling13

Reading, PA

#13 Sep 26, 2009
I'ts amazing how people are quick to jude others, but yet they don't see all, nor tell all about the skelletons in there own closet. Greg Jarvis was not only a good friend, talented artist,he also was a husband and father.If more people look at themselves and not at others we would find that your not the angel you persive yourself to be. So to 39ehonor,nuke mexico,put yourself in the families shoes, or better yet those chidrens shoes who have to grow up without a father all because someone chose to rob and murder an inoccent man and bystander. So when I buried Greg I buried apart of myself. Remember it's ignorance and people like you that should keep their moths shut so as to better society...

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#14 Sep 26, 2009
Well there has to be a reason. Drug related maybe? Jealousy? Women? Guess it'll all come out.
tiny

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Nov 16, 2009
It's people like you why the world is the way it is today full of hate. HATER
tiny

Philadelphia, PA

#16 Nov 16, 2009
I dear you to show your face NUKE MEXICO.And walk the streets after doing so. good thing your in drums PA cause i dear you to show ya face in reading pa.
Questions

Woodruff, SC

#17 Nov 17, 2009
I've been reading the previous posts and I must admit I never heard of Greg Jarvis. Sincere condolences to his loved ones and fans.

Please help me to understand who he is/was.

Where was he born? Educated? Musically talented?
Why did he live in Blandon PA? With whom?

Children? Married? Who were his close friends?

It is obvious he had alot of good friends. Tiny, did you know him personally?

Johnny Bling 13, how did you know him too from the music world?

Why was he murdered? did they catch the killer? why was he in Phildelphia?

Thanks for all truthful answers. This story is upsetting for me. Seemed like such a nice young man in a video I just saw.

Please ..no nasty responses. Waste of time.
mal

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jul 2, 2010
the world is a beeter place if we get those off the street for these murders
concerned citizen

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jul 2, 2010
shamisiddin salaam is the suspect
YO BEITCH YO

Taylor, PA

#20 Jul 3, 2010
dem kneegers gone crazee, man...da out fur dat green, yo...all dem dead kneegers, yo.
Niece

Reading, PA

#21 Sep 2, 2010
HE WAS MY UNCLE! Every Saturday he was able to be in town he would wash and clean my car for me. If you needed help he would give it. He was a rapper in Philly for a show, he was always well-dressed, and if you listen to most of his songs it was about God and repairing the world. He was raise in a Christian home were I also live when I was younger. He made everyone around him laugh; like all my uncles do. He wasn't perfect, but no one is. He made mistakes, but we all do. No one deserves to die so crude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need your Opinion Tue finishing touch d... 1
Berks shooting victim's family speaks out Oct 15 Unknown 1
Garage Door Repair Reading Oct 11 RobertMSmith 1
Should i be a cuckold for my gf? Oct 7 Famin7 1
Reading Water Bills Doubled After new meters in... Sep '14 Alice 1
Reading Rises On List Of Most Dangerous Cities (Nov '09) Sep '14 silly rabbit 14
Pennsylvania scores 19th in US obesity rankings Sep '14 silly rabbit 1

Reading News Video

Reading Dating
Find my Match

Reading People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Reading News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reading

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]