State, Local Officials Announce Drug Bust - Regional News - Berks S...

Full story: WFMZ

Many parents in Reading are breathing a sigh of relief. That's because police have taken more than two dozen alleged drug dealers off the streets.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
hatever

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 27, 2010
 
great job but why not have these round ups everyday. i mean come on these guys are dealing near schools? i thought those days were over. come on sweep everyday
mystic517

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 28, 2010
 
Yo hatever, You going to do the funding for such an event????? Where do you think this money is coming from?
Right

Douglassville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 28, 2010
 
If they could, the police would be doing this more often. As mentioned, funding is VERY limited for such activities. In order to get more busts like this, I am afraid we will have to pay more out of pocket to have it happen.
shelly

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 28, 2010
 
That is good to get the drug dealers off the street. SAY NO TO DRUGS.
WASADEM

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 28, 2010
 
So how many of these scum bags don't have green cards ?

Alexander Ortiz-Acosta of the 500 block of Court Street.

James E. Ballard of the 800 block of Franklin Street.

Latasha Thomas of the 100 block of South Third Street.

Jesus Otilio Velazquez of the first block of South 10th Street.

Jose Luis Gonzalez-Ramos of the 1000 block of Washington Street.

Walter E. Carrera of the 100 block of Clymer Street.

Sharon Dorsey of the first block of South 10th Street.

Ray Santos of the 600 block of Gordon Street.

Alexander O. Lizardi of the 100 block of North Third Street.

Josephine Padilla of the 100 block of Carpenter Street.

Jorge Malave-Dejesus of the 400 block of South 10th Street.

Yul Danie Roman-Vazquez of the 300 block of North Fourth Street.

Jorge Velez-Santiago of the first block of South 10th Street.

Ivin Cruz of the 1200 block of Perkiomen Avenue.

Van Bonitto of the 200 block of South Third Street.

Ricky Williams of the 100 block of South Third Street.

Michael Ruiz of the 1000 block of Penn Street.

Hector Joel Colon-Pagan of the 900 block of Penn Street.

Deanna McEachen of the 400 block of Chapel Terrace.

Anthony Hamm of the 300 block of Pearl Street.

Luis Gonzalez, address unavailable.

Fernando Pena of Muhlenberg Township.

Marcelo Martinez of the 300 block of Miller Street.

Illuminado Martinez, address unavailable.

Since: Aug 10

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 28, 2010
 
Thats only 25 dealers and today double that will be out to replace them!! The DA is a joke!!! He thinks he's a real crime fighter-LOL
Eric

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 28, 2010
 
If the people of Reading want to stop these animals from dealing drugs and try to bring this city back this is what needs to be done. For 1 month set up a curfew and bring in the national guard and state police to help with the under staffed Reading Police and crack down as hard as possible which means start cracking heads and keep the politicans out of it.
you got it

Bechtelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 28, 2010
 
Eric wrote:
If the people of Reading want to stop these animals from dealing drugs and try to bring this city back this is what needs to be done. For 1 month set up a curfew and bring in the national guard and state police to help with the under staffed Reading Police and crack down as hard as possible which means start cracking heads and keep the politicans out of it.
That's the best suggestion I've heard all day. Crack some heads, bring in the guard and some marines too, and yes keep the crybaby politicians out of it. These sob's have better weapons than the police. The only side affect is we may see Jesse Jackson or that other jack*** coming to town crying foul. If you look at the list of perps the names say it all.
mamaduke reading

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 28, 2010
 
heyy if u get everyone involed insted of worrying about ppl missing schooln crap like that n worry bout the dumb drug dealers n getting them off da streets like they did we as parents wouldnt have to worry bout our kids so often n keep them locked up all the damn time wewould be better off wat the city needs to do is bring in a club for all ages n get the young kids off da streets
It used to be

Bath, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 28, 2010
 
That if you were standing on the corner, or hanging out in crowds, a police officer would stop and inquire about your doings, not anymore. They just drive by.
Do you honestly think think these individuals will remain incarcerated? What good are round-ups if the drug-dealers are released after being fed three squares and allowed to bulk up in the yard. You call that prison?! I DON'T!
I like Eric's suggestion!
Freespeaker

Upper Black Eddy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 28, 2010
 

Judged:

1

WASADEM wrote:
So how many of these scum bags don't have green cards ?
Alexander Ortiz-Acosta of the 500 block of Court Street.
James E. Ballard of the 800 block of Franklin Street.
Latasha Thomas of the 100 block of South Third Street.
Jesus Otilio Velazquez of the first block of South 10th Street.
Jose Luis Gonzalez-Ramos of the 1000 block of Washington Street.
Walter E. Carrera of the 100 block of Clymer Street.
Sharon Dorsey of the first block of South 10th Street.
Ray Santos of the 600 block of Gordon Street.
Alexander O. Lizardi of the 100 block of North Third Street.
Josephine Padilla of the 100 block of Carpenter Street.
Jorge Malave-Dejesus of the 400 block of South 10th Street.
Yul Danie Roman-Vazquez of the 300 block of North Fourth Street.
Jorge Velez-Santiago of the first block of South 10th Street.
Ivin Cruz of the 1200 block of Perkiomen Avenue.
Van Bonitto of the 200 block of South Third Street.
Ricky Williams of the 100 block of South Third Street.
Michael Ruiz of the 1000 block of Penn Street.
Hector Joel Colon-Pagan of the 900 block of Penn Street.
Deanna McEachen of the 400 block of Chapel Terrace.
Anthony Hamm of the 300 block of Pearl Street.
Luis Gonzalez, address unavailable.
Fernando Pena of Muhlenberg Township.
Marcelo Martinez of the 300 block of Miller Street.
Illuminado Martinez, address unavailable.
I just wonder how many of these people are getting state aid.... like food stamps, medical, and welfare checks....and section 8 housing???? I bet 90% of them are??? I'm so glad I bust my ass and work everyday of my life so these thugs and their baby mommas can live honest lives.... I'm so proud to be a hard working citizen that pays taxes and obeys the laws Only in the USA and Berks county and Reading pa. I say shoot them all!!! less deadbeats!!!
you got it

Bechtelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 28, 2010
 
Freespeaker wrote:
<quoted text> I just wonder how many of these people are getting state aid.... like food stamps, medical, and welfare checks....and section 8 housing???? I bet 90% of them are??? I'm so glad I bust my **** and work everyday of my life so these thugs and their baby mommas can live honest lives.... I'm so proud to be a hard working citizen that pays taxes and obeys the laws Only in the USA and Berks county and Reading pa. I say shoot them all!!! less deadbeats!!!
You got it right Freespeaker. I say shoot them all and let God sort them out. The less scumbag uneducated freeloading non-tax paying individuals have to go.
rocky

Lititz, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 28, 2010
 
for every 25 you round up their are 50 more being released from prison every day and back on the streets,you people aint winning no drug war. STOP RAISING TAXES,MAKE MORE JOBS THAT PEOPLE CAN MAKE IT ON

“Space monkeys go home.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 28, 2010
 
The small town drug dealers is the LEAST of our worries in my opinion.....
JUSME

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 28, 2010
 
Why are these ppl called scum? Is it wrong to do what you have to in order to take care of your family? I live in reading and i work hard everyday just like the ppl who dont live here! Often i hear ppl say their going to do what ever has to be done if their families ever get low on money so who are we to judge when these ppl go out and commit crimes in order to make a way for their family if their were more jobs in reading ppl wouldn't have to sale drugs
Caseyjo

Upper Black Eddy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 28, 2010
 
Suezanne wrote:
The small town drug dealers is the LEAST of our worries in my opinion.....
A small town drug dealer put my sister in a wheelchair.. so your opinion means squat to me or anyone who has a brain.... her only crime was getting in her car in front of our house to go to work... and she took a bullet in her left side.. the small time drug dealer is a bigger problem than you think... he mistook her for someone else... so please susieQ think before you comment!!!!

“Space monkeys go home.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 28, 2010
 
Caseyjo wrote:
<quoted text>A small town drug dealer put my sister in a wheelchair.. so your opinion means squat to me or anyone who has a brain.... her only crime was getting in her car in front of our house to go to work... and she took a bullet in her left side.. the small time drug dealer is a bigger problem than you think... he mistook her for someone else... so please susieQ think before you comment!!!!
What I am gettimg at is, if this country was SO CONCERNED about drug busts, why not go atter the BIG GUYS, like our OWN government who sells it, which is no secret !!

I ALWAYS THINK BEFORE I MAKE A COMMENT, put that in your pipe and smoke it Casanova !!!!!!!!!!

“Space monkeys go home.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 28, 2010
 
OOOps did I go to far with my opinion, it is freedom of speech on here right ?

I didn't say anything that has not been documented before.

“Space monkeys go home.”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 28, 2010
 
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
What I am gettimg at is, if this country was SO CONCERNED about drug busts, why not go atter the BIG GUYS, like our OWN government who sells it, which is no secret !!
I ALWAYS THINK BEFORE I MAKE A COMMENT, put that in your pipe and smoke it Casanova !!!!!!!!!!
I should say the CORRUPT people in the government, not all of them, so how can this war on drugs be over, it will go on and on and on. I am very against drugs, it is bringing down owr nation, i said this before on past posts on wfmz. I just think that their are bigger fish to fry out there 1st !
caseyjo

Upper Black Eddy, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 28, 2010
 
Suezanne wrote:
<quoted text>
I should say the CORRUPT people in the government, not all of them, so how can this war on drugs be over, it will go on and on and on. I am very against drugs, it is bringing down owr nation, i said this before on past posts on wfmz. I just think that their are bigger fish to fry out there 1st !
I will pass your all knowing wisdom on to my sister.... Thank You so much!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reading Discussions

Search the Reading Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 36 min Stooge Alert 51,110
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Jul 9 Go Blue Forever 3,744
iron order mc, pennsylvania truth (Oct '10) Jul 4 Oldies 39
Review: Animal Clinic Of Reading - Dwight Rude DVM (Jun '11) Jun 25 Carol Rivera 13
Food stamp cuts hit Berks County hard (Nov '13) Jun 20 PuddingTame 9
Police Blotter: 3 charged as synthetic weed dea... Jun 17 lady 2
Taylor-made: 5 Swift facts Jun 13 I HATE New Days 1
•••
•••

Reading News Video

•••
•••

Reading Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Reading People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Reading News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reading
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••