Comments
341 - 360 of 365 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 24

Since: Jun 12

Lake Ozark, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#354
Jun 3, 2012
 
Wow...
Thank you to everyone who is defending my fighting, wounded and fallen brothers and sisters. Thank you for standing up for all of my brother and sisters of wars and conflicts both past and present. You are all heroes to all of the military.

I was discharged from the military in 2007 after i became dissabled. 10 years of service and i was trying to enlist in SWCC (like PT Boats in Nam) before i lost use of my leg for reasons i will not get into. I have been called a Hero more times than i can remember and have and have declined the comment every time. When police and firefighters call me a hero i always send it back to them since they are heroes in my eyes. They keept my family safe whail i was deployed. When Nam vets thank me for my service i stop them and tell them thank you since their welcome home was disgusting and anyone who spat on or harassed them should be ashamed. I am not a hero and i do not think i did anything extraordinary, however people are entitled to their opinions even the "ignorant" opinions. I say ignorant because anyone who discredits my fellow service members will not know who we are or what we stand up for unless they taste it for them selves. In the military the pay sucks the orders are retarded in some cases but who else can HONESTLY say their friends WILL take a bullet for them or dive on a live gernade or even run into enemy fire to avenge their fallen battle buddies. I do not always agree with politics or the wars we fight but i vote for people to make these decisions since they are more informed on these decisions than i. I decided to enlist not for college (no degree at all) but because i wanted to do some form of public service and the military was the most selfless and patriotic choice in my eyes. Honestly! Lastly, if "IT" ever hits the fan in the US or your home town and my brothers and sisters come to save you (Jordan and supporters) just remember what you say and beleive and tell your rescuers to go away and you don't want their help because you dissagree with their reasons for joining and they are only saving you and your family so they can get a "handout".
Hoo Rah!!!
Vet-69

Allen, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#355
Jun 4, 2012
 
For Jordan and Like-Minded Americans: until you have walked in a soldier's boots, you cannot comprehend. I challenge you to do just that-join the military and then write about soldiers "just doing their job." Do you realize that "doing their job" means giving your life to the nation and being available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and usuallly in a place far, far from home and family. Think about it when you get off work at 5:00 and sit at home with your family.
Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
thor

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#356
Jun 5, 2012
 
soldiers kill people, why give them all the money support and glory to do it, many are demons... i agree with you
Not ALL soldiers areheros

Hollis, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#357
Jun 5, 2012
 
I agree that not all soldiers are heros. I definitely have respect for them when they are defending my freedom, but why is always assumed that when a soldier goes to war, he is defending our freedom? Doing his duty and not simply doing his duty to the politicians?

My Grandmother used to say about how in World War 2, there was no talk about going to Canada, people enlisted and it was all part of being an American. Well, World War 2 was a just war, we were attacked on OUR own soil by a foreign power, and we helped countries take back what was rightfully theirs from the German Empire. Vietnam and Korea were not just wars, we went to war and it made no difference. We should have trained the Vietnamese to fight it themselves. We went to war and will still lost, it would have made a great difference if we had never fought it and saved thousands of lives.

Seriously, would you call a soldier a hero, just for being a soldier?! If Obama told us to invade a country we had absolutely no qualms/conflicts like Canada would you support and call him a hero, just because he's doing his job?! Would you call the soldier a hero (if it's historically accurate) in Full Metal Jacket shooting civilians out of his helicopter? Or his superiors who stood back and did nothing while he did it (unordered, I might add)

Soldiers say they are just doing their jobs, just serving their country. "You never put on the uniform" Well, I have news for you, WE ARE the country, every country in the free world takes orders from a civilian government, elected by civilians, for civilians. We have the right to disagree with anything we want, and that includes soldiers actions. They say "this is America, love it or leave it!" No, you who are trying to silence me leave America. That's what makes America great, that things can be potentially changed based on what the people want.
Not ALL soldiers areheros

Hollis, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#358
Jun 5, 2012
 
Vet-69 wrote:
For Jordan and Like-Minded Americans: until you have walked in a soldier's boots, you cannot comprehend. I challenge you to do just that-join the military and then write about soldiers "just doing their job." Do you realize that "doing their job" means giving your life to the nation and being available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and usuallly in a place far, far from home and family. Think about it when you get off work at 5:00 and sit at home with your family.
<quoted text>
LOL, you do realize there are ex-soldiers who disagree with what current soldiers actions, don't you? A Vietnam vet I talked to said the way we dealt with Invading Iraq was totally unjustified, so tell that to him. Let me guess, you'll say they aren't real soldiers, right? Even though they did "give their lives to the nation, were available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and in a place far far from home and family" Some who took bullets to their bodies, saw their fellow soldiers die in front of them, went home parapalegics (like Ron Kovic) crawled under barbed wire and went chest deep through the mud to escape a enemy platoon, yet none of that matters, because they don't agree with you?
Cameron Wethly

Koloa, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#359
Jun 6, 2012
 
Since you don't have any military experience, nor do you know what rules and regulations military personnel have to follow, you have no right to speak on these matters.

1.) Military Uniforms are not for handouts. Personnel are ordered to wear them whenever they are on duty, so that it is easier to distinguish them.

2.) How is paying for college a selfish reason? Yes, they are joining solely for the money, but they still know full well that the moment they sign the paper, their fate is already sealed. They know they could die before they even make the money for a semester.

3.) How do you know how every single soldier feels, if you haven't even been one yourself? There are thousands of soldiers that specifically pick infantry jobs, just because they want to fight for America, and nothing more.

4.) Since when do people have to die to be considered heroes? I've seen cops, EMT's, and firefighters alike protecting people, saving them from certain death, even. Who's to say soldiers don't do the same? Yes, they make mistakes [a lot], but when they don't how do you know that they aren't saving a bus full of people from getting blown up by an IED, or a family from execution?

I don't entirely support the military. Actually, this is the only time I have. But if anyone's selfish, it's you. You don't get to decide labels for people. You want to know what a hero is?

Someone who protects us from people like you.
Alan Bishop

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#362
Jun 8, 2012
 
If you're so damn intelligent and superior, why can't you spell? You don't seem too bright. Maybe YOU should join the army, since your skills aare limited.
Patriot47

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#363
Jun 10, 2012
 
Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
If you're tired of it all, you're welcome to leave my country.
Patriot47

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#364
Jun 10, 2012
 
BU2 Retired wrote:
Wow...
Thank you to everyone who is defending my fighting, wounded and fallen brothers and sisters. Thank you for standing up for all of my brother and sisters of wars and conflicts both past and present. You are all heroes to all of the military.
I was discharged from the military in 2007 after i became dissabled. 10 years of service and i was trying to enlist in SWCC (like PT Boats in Nam) before i lost use of my leg for reasons i will not get into. I have been called a Hero more times than i can remember and have and have declined the comment every time. When police and firefighters call me a hero i always send it back to them since they are heroes in my eyes. They keept my family safe whail i was deployed. When Nam vets thank me for my service i stop them and tell them thank you since their welcome home was disgusting and anyone who spat on or harassed them should be ashamed. I am not a hero and i do not think i did anything extraordinary, however people are entitled to their opinions even the "ignorant" opinions. I say ignorant because anyone who discredits my fellow service members will not know who we are or what we stand up for unless they taste it for them selves. In the military the pay sucks the orders are retarded in some cases but who else can HONESTLY say their friends WILL take a bullet for them or dive on a live gernade or even run into enemy fire to avenge their fallen battle buddies. I do not always agree with politics or the wars we fight but i vote for people to make these decisions since they are more informed on these decisions than i. I decided to enlist not for college (no degree at all) but because i wanted to do some form of public service and the military was the most selfless and patriotic choice in my eyes. Honestly! Lastly, if "IT" ever hits the fan in the US or your home town and my brothers and sisters come to save you (Jordan and supporters) just remember what you say and beleive and tell your rescuers to go away and you don't want their help because you dissagree with their reasons for joining and they are only saving you and your family so they can get a "handout".
Hoo Rah!!!
I'm a Vietnam vet. Don't give these liberal pathetic morons a second thought, because they are, and always will be minorities without a life. Their minds are all corroded with drugs and inconsistent thoughts. Stand tall, be proud you're an American who cares about his country and fellow man.
JaneyJ

Luton, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#365
Jun 14, 2012
 
Jordan, I totally agree with you and so do millions of others. I don't want anyone to fire a bullet in my name, and being a murdering meathead does not make you a hero. Six million civilians were murdered by Nazi 'heroes'.
Not ALL soldiers areheros

Hollis, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#366
Jun 15, 2012
 
Patriot47 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're tired of it all, you're welcome to leave my country.
No, I'm welcome to stay and complain. There's a little thing called the first amendment, you may have heard of. You who are trying to silence me and take away my rights to say what I wish (within the law) leave
Marine1833

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#367
Jun 22, 2012
 
Soldiers were their uniform because they have pride in it, they earned the right to wear it. If you beleive that going in the military to go to college is a good idea to any one, you are sadly mistaken. The average active duty serviceman works a 12 hour day the majority of the week. it's a grueling job and they make salary, the hours that are put in (when not deployed) does not justify the amount of work they put in, when your deployed there is no free time, 24/7 is spent trying to stay alive. So I you think the GI bill is free and the military is a laid back invoroment then why didn't you already join? Possibly I'm guessing it's because you don't meet the requirements.
Marine1833

Riverhead, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#368
Jun 22, 2012
 
You are absolutely correct, the nazi's murdered thousands! now think a little deeper...what stopped the nazi's??? you seem to forget it was allied servicemen that did (saving more from the nazi's) but I'm sure you believe we could of simply worked out our differences peacefully, like chamberlain did before the start of WW2 which resulted in handing the nazi's Czechoslovakia and the invasion of Poland.
Jon

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#369
Jun 30, 2012
 
Former Marine wrote:
It's true what they say. Most civilians just aren't worth it.

dont worry marine, one day this country will be over run. These civilians will be your only hope. And it must suck to be in a job where you have to risk life for someone that's not worth it. But civilians do every day too. For you too jar head. Don't fret though, you guys can quit and just like before the civilians will step up for this country when needed. The military breeds weakness in men now days, what happen to the real soliders of my grandfather and fathers generation...
Layla

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#370
Jul 3, 2012
 
88M_Soldier wrote:
My whole family has been in the military in one way or a nother. I had a greatx2 uncle who was on both sides of the cival war. He started for the south and ended up going to the north. A grandpa who was in WW2, another uncle in Nam. My mom was in the Army and now I am. So for people to say that soldiers are not heros, the desurve to be takin around back and shot by a firing squad. I personaly am about to go to Iraq. I asked to go with another unit, same as how i signed up with out being told to. You know why? To protect every little dumb asses freedom of speech. So when i come home they can sit there are say that i did it for my own selfish reasoning. You know what, if thats what you think, here is what i think.
"If you are not behind our troops; feel free to stand in front of them!"
Whoa....please listen to yourself. You're going to protect my 'freedom of speech' yet you think my dumb little ass should be SHOT for saying you might not be a hero.
Jeremy -son of soldier

Willimantic, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#371
Jul 3, 2012
 
! My father has been in the military for 23 years. He has fired missiles into Baghdad. Not a hero huh? Yeah he did tht for president bush. You have no right to say that. He even helped in the Maersk Alabama conflict. He has done 11 tours ,by tours I mean defending our oceans. And I would bet, if you were in the armed forces you would want to be seen as a hero...
lino

Rijeka, Croatia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#372
Aug 30, 2012
 
Violence is wrong, war is wrong, soldiers are instruments of violence and war so they are wrong.
Biggest minds of humanity were against war/soldiers/violence including: Tesla, Einstein, Newton...etc.
Fourth Horseman

Smithfield, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#373
Oct 22, 2012
 
Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
All I have to say is .... You're a disrespectful little mudweasle and a goddamned idiot! What do you do for a living? Probably on welfare or have a really dangerous job like occupying Wall St. DICK
Pvt Brown

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#374
Oct 18, 2013
 
As you can tell i haven't been a soldier long. there are those out there that join for college money, i've even met others who say they have joined cause they get to kill people for free. Honesty those soldiers disgust me to. But the anti-soldiers here (not trying to call names) place that tag on the whole. I'm sorry but your wrong, i joined to protect my wife my family the people i love. Most of all, your wives and family as well, because of good soldiers you can kiss your loved ones everyday. All i ask is you consider that before you beat down what a soldier is or call us "killers". I could care less about your approval let alone you calling me a hero. i just ask that you understand.
All do respect Pvt Brown U.S. Army
Pvt Brown

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#375
Oct 18, 2013
 
I see so many people who get angry over this topic when someone replies with something they don't agree with. You "intelligent" civilians who spell perfectly and know so much more need to become more mature. But i see soldiers not helping the matter at all, both sides need to put on some big girl panties. I also saw someone from Croatia post in here. i train with three special forces Croatian soldiers everyday, i respect them greatly. i would hop on a grenade for them. i dont know the conditions of your country but i know what they are trying to keep out.To those who call us jarheads or meatheads i pity you, i pity your family and the lack of love and appreciation you have for the things this country gives you. i agree someday this country will fall "the rise comes before the fall" but as long as it stands i will stand for what its made for. Second chances, freedom, your right to beat us down right now. Thats one reason im not even hurt by your comments you have this right and i gave it to you. If i'm offended i should get out of the military.

Once more Pvt Brown U.S. Army

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Reading Discussions

Search the Reading Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 3 hr Global Warming Laugher 3,825
Do you approve of Thomas Caltagirone as State R... 8 hr David Rodriguez 1
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Jul 28 T Wolf 51,196
How To Bring Peace To A Sad And Dangerous City.... Jul 26 Help Reading PA 1
RONA Question Jul 26 cartekker 2
Wernersville man soils pants inside store, stea... Jul 26 Why is ths news 1
Come Visit West Reading Jul 24 I Would but 2
•••
•••

Reading News Video

•••
•••

Reading Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Reading People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Reading News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reading
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••