Soldiers are not Heros!!!!!!
dodi

Edinburgh, UK

#333 Jan 30, 2012
Maybe before you think soldiers are heros, and they are doing the right thing, why not take a public vote and see how many civilians want you to do this so called favour for our country? Maybe then you would see if we want you to go fighting in other peoples countries for the goverments greed? It would be very different in the real wars where we had to defend ourselves, then the soldiers were true heros and i am sure we would all sign up in a case of defense if those you are killing now were coming to our country killing us or even threatening to but as it happens they are not. But Its not your fault you are doing a job for a living as we all have to do, and many jobs are dangerous but we dont get called heros. But I dont think fighting for the causes our country is fighting for now deserves respect, its killing innocents on both sides and too many of our soldiers getting killed for nothing. You think we have freedom of speech or of anything else? then you are fools. Arnt you watching the American awakening?? people being beaten up for voicing their opinions? We are puppets of the goverments! Its a pretend democracy. We want to fight for OUR rights not the fight you lot fight for for the goverment and what do you get at the end of it/ dont you see the news? the dead soldiers bodys dumoed with the trash by the people you were working for? WAKE UP AND BE HEROS.

Since: Nov 11

Gaffney, SC

#334 Feb 13, 2012
The term hero is strictly based on opinion others have of another person's deeds and qualities. Soldiers may or may not be heroes depending upon POV. That said, soldiers are definitely people just like the rest of us. There are many brave fighters putting their lives out there who joined for noble reasons and willing to die for the right cause. Likewise, there are also soldiers who have committed sex crimes, torture, and murder of innocents so in my view a soldier isn't necessarily a hero by default, but is one based on their actions.
alex

Québec, Canada

#335 Feb 15, 2012
I TOTALLY Agree with the comment that soldiers aren't heroes...they aren't heroes..THEY'RE FUCKIN psychopathic murderers. Zombies obeying without using their God given brain to stop and think..hmmm are we really in any danger (NO!) is anyone taking away my freedoms (YES MY OWN GOVERNEMENT) is it the fault of some poor afghan, iraqi, or any other person in the middle east (NO!) SO WHY THE FUCK WOULD I GO KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS??? That, would be a hero..ONE who would REFUSE to go kill innocents in the name of a fake "war on terror" whoch anyone with half a brain knows is just a cover up to go steal their ressources. WAKE UP AMERICA! The whole world knows it except YOU!
cowboy

Spanish Fork, UT

#336 Feb 15, 2012
alex wrote:
I TOTALLY Agree with the comment that soldiers aren't heroes...they aren't heroes..THEY'RE FUCKIN psychopathic murderers. Zombies obeying without using their God given brain to stop and think..hmmm are we really in any danger (NO!) is anyone taking away my freedoms (YES MY OWN GOVERNEMENT) is it the fault of some poor afghan, iraqi, or any other person in the middle east (NO!) SO WHY THE FUCK WOULD I GO KILL INNOCENT CIVILIANS??? That, would be a hero..ONE who would REFUSE to go kill innocents in the name of a fake "war on terror" whoch anyone with half a brain knows is just a cover up to go steal their ressources. WAKE UP AMERICA! The whole world knows it except YOU!
Do us all a favor and go away you stupid Canuck.
Past Soldier___twice

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#337 Apr 30, 2012
Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
then he wrote:
Hey buddy, I was a fireman and everday i went out, I risked my life and I did it for others. I also never wore my uniform to go grocery shopping or ever saw another Fireman wear theirs. and I stand by my point, most that join are hoping they dont get called, they only did it to get college paid for or cant do anything else.
Let me tell you something you moron...I re-enlisted after 9-11 just so I could protect idiots like you!!!!! If you don't believe that the men and women in our armed forces deserve your respect, then you don't deserve the freedoms that they fight to give you every day! I could care less what you did in your life. Whether you were a fireman, crap shoveler or politician (oh, same thing) you don't deserve the respect you say you think you do. I know many in the armed forces that have given most of their lives in service to the country and they have advanced degrees. What made you be a fireman? No other job skills idiot? You disgust me and I sincerely hope you end upeating your words because a soldier comes to your aid. I did...twice!
abc12356789

Trenton, MI

#338 May 24, 2012
charlo wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe someone could be so ignorant! You have no respect for these people who will risk their life to help their country. You can't call someone selfish when they are making the ultimate sacrifice to help others. You are filth and should be ashamed of yourself. You are partially the cause why people outside of America hate the country so much.
They only join to further their own lives. Then they come home and cops won't write them tickets, so essentially they go "defend" our country, then come home and endanger its citizens. Plus they are way overpaid, arrogant, and narcissistic. I can think of dozens of civilian jobs that are more life threatening. Sky scraper window washers, road workers, high elevation construction, etc. You aggressive troop supporters just do it to feel better about your own shitty selves. Get off it.
Bill Durborow

Lawton, OK

#340 May 28, 2012
You are a bit clueless aren't you? Do people do things for their own reasons? Of course they do! But that doesn't make them selfish. ANYONE Joining the military is giving up their personal freedoms in order to serve the greater good. Your idea that they have to die to be a hero is absurd! When they take that oath they know that they might be called to give their life to protect the very rights and freedoms that they have chosen to do without while they serve. FOR THE PERIOD OF THEIR ENLISTMENT THEY HAVE GIVEN THEIR LIFE TO THEIR COUNTRY and they might not get it back at the end of that time.

If someone gets between you and a bullet they are a Hero, whether that bullet kills them or misses them entirely, they still put themselves in harms way to protect you.
Metalingus

United States

#341 May 28, 2012
Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
Wow, your a special kind of idiot aren't you? Yes most join for job skills, education, adventure, what ever reason. EVERY Soldier living or dead deserves respect for what they do regardless. The pay sucks, their families have to get food stamps to survive in most cases. How many jobs have you worked were your potentially shot at every damn day & could be killed at any moment? Somehow your little burger flipping career fails in comparison. Lucky for you though, these HEROS are there to protect your rights to talk like an absolute fucking idiot & live in your closed in little world. Want to prove your statement? Grow a pair & enlist. I'm betting your too much a coward to do it.
CSM Hill

Edmonton, Canada

#342 May 28, 2012
As per Jordans comments, he never said the soldiers Sailors, Marines , and Fly boys dont deserve respect in fact He stated several times the do and have his.

The simple fact is if a Service man ever claims he/she is a hero, they are not. I have seen more dead Troopers than anyone on this site, out of those ALL were heroic , but not all heroes . All men and women who serve show heroic traits, they have more "balls" than most Civilians.

First Responders deserve as much respect as we. Those who are attacking him for expressing his First Amendment rights are the real enemy here.

Firemen Go into battle for their lives and the lives of others far more often than most Service men and that's a fact.

Jordan is Wrong in his assessment of the reason we join. But is that any reason to act like "Trolls".

Take care all.
CSM Hill

Edmonton, Canada

#343 May 28, 2012
Before you go nuts, I'm visiting my father, I live Texas.
Laura Nichols Thompson

Canton, MI

#344 May 29, 2012
Hah! if you truly do not think Soldiers are hero's than feel free to move to a Muslim part of the country which is just about everywhere BUT America. Your freedom was purchased by men and women who gave their, time, skills, hearts, blood and lives for you. hey Jordan I'll happily pay for your ticket!
Rich

Modesto, CA

#345 May 29, 2012
Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
Boy, you best understand what I'm about to say and understand it good: Do you know WHY you are allowed to say what you did? Because a soldier stood for you and esnured your freedom of speech. do you know WHY youre allowed to spit into the face of every man and woman who has worn the uniform, or into the face of every mother, daughter wife son and husband who buried someone who died serving this country? Because a soldier stood for YOU.

Last but not least, and certainly most importantly: Do you know WHY you should be groveling and kissing the ass of everyone you see wearing a uniform? Because without their volunteer service there would surely be a draft. Do you know what that is? ITs where you get a letter from the government informing you that you have been inducted into military service until such a time as they feel fit to let you go...or you die. It is THEIR volunteer service and sacrafice, and returning to those shithole wars time and time again that keep your yellow ass out of the service and walking and talking the BS that you spew. Are they your hero? They damn well sure should be you pompous grabastic piece of civilian filth. They keep your ass from going to Afghanistan. Think it couldnt happen? Ask a vietnam vet if he thought the same way.
southernboy31b

Hartford, CT

#346 May 30, 2012
I'm an army boy in ct, but I was born and raised in georgia. I've been to iraq and am about to go to afghan here in a few months I missed the birth of my daughter on my first deployment and I am only going to spend a month with my infant son before I have to roll out again. Soldiers are every day people do they want to do the things they're ordered to do? No. Do they want to be ripped out of the arms of their loved ones? No. Do they want to sustain serious injuries both physical and mental? No. They do what they have to because they're ordered to and that's what we've all signed up to do. Soldiers may or may not do heroic acts each mos is different. However the true heros are the loved ones of the soldiers who have to carry on their every day lives, go to work raise children put food on the table and pay bills not knowing if their soldier is coming home or is safe at the end of the day. I never wanted the title of hero if someone says I am a hero I say no I'm not because I just do what I'm asked. But understand soldiers deserve respect for what we do. I always say u want a hero arlington is full of em. As for me I'm just another grunt
ConcernedAmerica n

Jefferson, GA

#347 May 30, 2012
I am 24 years old and have served in the army for just over 3.5 years. While granted I am young i think the army has put me on some what of a learning curve. i have been a lot of places and learned a lot of things. One of the most reoccuring things I have noticed is that when things get desperate like 9/11/2001 the united states military was the most loved group of people in the US now 11 years later the tides have completely turned. Now, I'm not saying this is true of everyone put us as soldiers can see a difference. Now, I understand that the general population think this war is/was pointless ok thats fine that is why we fought for over 200 years so that you are free to beleieve as you want to. Lets just think for a minute would you rather the IEDs and constant conflicts to be 3000 miles away or in your neighborhood, in you childrens school, the streets of your hometown. "That could never happen her" Im sure thats what every other country said that is now war torn. I have said all this to come to a point while war is horrible and maybe misguided at points doesnt mean it will stop. The us soldiers (Yes heros) dont want to go to war but we do and we choose to its not a draft just as you choose your career. I'm not saying there arent heros here in the states yes firefighters are heros to but lets not throw are soldiers under a rug because we are people who have familes to must of the time that dont get to see us very often.
Remember soldiers didnt start this or any other war we just stood up to fight it.
A_Veteran

Grand Rapids, MN

#348 May 30, 2012
Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buddy, I was a fireman and everday i went out, I risked my life and I did it for others. I also never wore my uniform to go grocery shopping or ever saw another Fireman wear theirs. and I stand by my point, most that join are hoping they dont get called, they only did it to get college paid for or cant do anything else.
Yeah and it makes me sick to see 'firemen' get the US Flag draped on their caskets (unless they are vets). Give them a city or township flag as they definitely did NOT serve their country but rather their community. The USA Flag is reserved for those who fought for freedom and country, not against fires and for counties/cities.
Bobbie

Akron, OH

#349 May 31, 2012
As for wearing the uniform in public, most of them are the ones who live off post and are on the way home and they decide to stop at the store or something. It's like a guy who wears a suit to work normally they don't change until they get home. As for the job all enlisted are under paid for the job they do, to be honest they are on the job 24/7 at anytime the phone could ring and they have to go. They can't just get fed up one day and quit unless they want to go to prison. when you get down to it a soldier is making less then min wage I guess that's what the government and other person think that a soldier's life is worth. The one's that go to war have no idea if they will ever see their family again, they don't know if the next step they take will be their last. Their friend that they were just talking to could be dead at any second also. No one wants to be shot at, but if you don't have people join the military then the government will just take people. Maybe they should bring the draft back to shut the haters up, just be glad that someone volunteered to join so you didn't get volunteered.
Dislike Jordan

Berkeley, CA

#350 Jun 1, 2012
Jordan, if I'm reading you correctly it sounds more like you’re a little peeved because you don’t get the same reorganization our military men are. Believe it or not some people view firemen as heroes too…but why??? After all its just a jobe you chose to do…right? Well I’m sorry if your feelings are hurt…perhaps you can join the military and enjoy the title and the service they provide. And let’s keep one thing in mind….you claim to have been a “Fireman”….well last I recalled while dating a fireman is …you do in fact go out shopping with your uniform on, as a matter of fact your crew goes out together along with the engines (incase you get a call) you drop and run. ALSO keep in mind you earn a HELL of a lot more money than our military men do…AND your reward is also a fat retirement which our military men do not get. So why are you crying??? I’m sure you had your share of babes all over you because you were a “FIREMAN”. So our military men are recognized as heroes…..Think about that the next time your depositing your fat check into the back…..AFTER ALL ITS JUST A JOB RIGHT.
Military Widow

Columbia, MO

#351 Jun 1, 2012
As I read the comments saying that the soldiers aren't heros. My husband was Killed by and IED in Iraq. You may think he is not a hero but to me he is my hero! My hero protected your flag, My hero fought for your freedom, my hero died for your freedom and if that is not a hero then please explain to my 5 year old son that never got to meet his dad that his dad did not die a hero. I can tell you that my husband died a HERO. Its funny how you can sit at a computer and complain and say things but remember that the soldier is the one that fights for your rights to get on the computer and say all these hateful words! Its just like the Baptist Church that protest funerals. If the soldiers didn't die and if they didn't fight for your rights do you honestly think you would be at the computer complaining or do you think they would have the right to protest? Be thankful what your HERO fights for on your behalf!!
Taking a step back

Costa Rica

#352 Jun 1, 2012
Reading the comments just makes it obvious that this isn't a question that has a right or wrong answer. Whether or not I think soldiers are heroes doesn't affect the truth of the matter. That's mainly because there is no truth in this matter. It's completely subjective. So is the question of whether soldiers in general deserve the respect of the nation. If you feel that they are doing something selfless for all our benefit, then yes, you aught to give them some respect. But many don't believe that is the case. Are they wrong? I would say your a little naive, buying the propaganda that the military's main objective is to protect the freedoms of American citizens. But what do I know.
I respect some of the enlisted men I know because I know them to be good, decent guys,most believe they are doing what is necessary to protect the US . And we agree to disagree. Others, they just can't deal with any criticism of what they/the military are doing. Sorry, they're just as extremist as the supposed enemy. So is anyone else who believes it's unpatriotic to voice criticisms of our country's actions. Be critical of everything our government/military does. That's the mark of a responsible citizen in a democratic country.
dice

Van Nuys, CA

#353 Jun 2, 2012
You all need to respect no matter y they joined they fight for ur rights they fight so u can post ur stupid shit. So go join and kill people and watch ur best friend die and tell me that they are nothing. friend they are heros amd always will be god bless america and tbe men and women who fight for it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
reading is a filthy, disgusting dump!!!! (Jan '08) May 9 JJB 71
News Hogar Crea, regional drug rehab group, ripping ... (Apr '08) May 8 silly rabbit 174
Review: DNS Towing (Jan '10) May 2 mick 3
News Allentown to pay abortion protesters : The Morn... (Apr '07) Apr '17 silly rabbit 160
LOCAL MUSIC TALENT: Berks County 1970's to 80's (Feb '16) Apr '17 jio 4
News Families Seeking Asylum Held Indefinitely at Pa... Apr '17 ima-Ilis Myka Ash... 1
News Gov. Wolf on Al Boscov's Passing: 'He Cared Abo... Feb '17 Did you Boscov today 2

Reading Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Reading Mortgages