Soldiers are not Heros!!!!!!

Posted in the Reading Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of364
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jordan

Boyertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 1, 2008
 

Judged:

29

21

16

I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
wondering

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

13

8

5

Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
Good Lord what are you crying about???? People in everyday jobs wear their uniforms when they are NOT at work. Military personel who are wearing their uniform in public are either ON the job or coming or going from their job. They are not permitted to just "hang out" in their uniform. They do deserve praise. It doesn't matter what their intentions were for joining. The average job, you don't take the chance of being sent to a war. Would being sent to war actually be worth it, if you were just looking for college help? I think not. Grow up, if you want the same praise as the soldier who is fighting to protect you, then join a branch of the service.
Jordan

Boyertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

12

9

7

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Good Lord what are you crying about???? People in everyday jobs wear their uniforms when they are NOT at work. Military personel who are wearing their uniform in public are either ON the job or coming or going from their job. They are not permitted to just "hang out" in their uniform. They do deserve praise. It doesn't matter what their intentions were for joining. The average job, you don't take the chance of being sent to a war. Would being sent to war actually be worth it, if you were just looking for college help? I think not. Grow up, if you want the same praise as the soldier who is fighting to protect you, then join a branch of the service.
Hey buddy, I was a fireman and everday i went out, I risked my life and I did it for others. I also never wore my uniform to go grocery shopping or ever saw another Fireman wear theirs. and I stand by my point, most that join are hoping they dont get called, they only did it to get college paid for or cant do anything else.
Former Marine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 3, 2008
 

Judged:

10

6

3

It's true what they say. Most civilians just aren't worth it.
wondering

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 5, 2008
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Former Marine wrote:
It's true what they say. Most civilians just aren't worth it.
Amen.
wondering

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 5, 2008
 

Judged:

7

6

2

Jordan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey buddy, I was a fireman and everday i went out, I risked my life and I did it for others. I also never wore my uniform to go grocery shopping or ever saw another Fireman wear theirs. and I stand by my point, most that join are hoping they dont get called, they only did it to get college paid for or cant do anything else.
AS I said, they are only allowed to wear their uniform while on the job. You wore your fireman gear while you worked didn't you? We could say that fireman get that job just to be considered a hero, but we don't. My son joined the Marines, knowing damn well he could be sent over seas to fight. It didn't stop him. He does not wear a uniform when he is not working, because he could get reprimanded for it. He didn't join to go to college. He joined because he believes in fighting for our rights. He is proud, and so am I that he is a Marine. He doesn't need anyone to pat him on his back and call him out. Most do not look to be called a "hero", they look at it as part of the job, like you do. He is not in it for a college degree either. We are fighting a war right here on our own streets, this is a way for him to be part of a positive thing. Instead of going to work everyday at any kind of job, and walking from his car to his house and possible being killed. Who remembers you after your dead besides family? Get over your pity party for yourself. If you want the praise, join the military. My son did, and is a fireman himself. Shaking my head at your self pity.
madman

Watertown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 24, 2008
 

Judged:

7

7

4

Jordan a clown like you has no clue as to why we join. Just be glad that we did join, other wise clowns like you may not have the freedoms you so richly use.
charlo

Epping, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 12, 2009
 

Judged:

8

5

5

Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
I can't believe someone could be so ignorant! You have no respect for these people who will risk their life to help their country. You can't call someone selfish when they are making the ultimate sacrifice to help others. You are filth and should be ashamed of yourself. You are partially the cause why people outside of America hate the country so much.
JustAMe

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 13, 2009
 

Judged:

5

5

4

Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
You are a real MORON... Why don't you take your sorry ass to war for us? If not.. SHUT UP. You are NOT brave enough to take the BULLET!

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Jordan wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
being a hero IS THEIR JOB..you mamby pamby little prick...
soldier

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 5, 2009
 

Judged:

5

3

3

I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
are you special? I sighned up to serve my country. not for colledge you leftist commie child. Next time you decide to open your mouth to bad mouth me and my comrades think about this you drive down a lonly road and get blown up. Now admin lock this thread.
JustAMe

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 5, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

2

soldier wrote:
I am tired of everyone thinking that all soldiers are heroes. The truth is they are just doing their job!!!!!! I am tired of going somewhere and seeing someone out with their uniform on. What is the purpose of this. Do they want a handout? Is it popular to wear your job uniform everywhere we go. If thats the case we ought to thank anyone who has any job uniform on when we see them out. Most soldiers did not join soley because they care about any of us Americans. Most likely they joined for their own selfish reasons, like to get their college paid for or they just have no other skills in life.
Dont get me wrong, any soldier who died surving this country deserves the utmost respect, and I thank them for their past and present service. But they did not join for my behalf or any other Americans behalf.
are you special? I sighned up to serve my country. not for colledge you leftist commie child. Next time you decide to open your mouth to bad mouth me and my comrades think about this you drive down a lonly road and get blown up. Now admin lock this thread.
Why don't you SHUT UP! What did you do copy and paste this? YOU ARE A MORON!
nathan molloy

Sumner, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 14, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

3

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT NO MAN OR WOMAN THAT FOUGHT TO ALLOW YOU YOUR BASIC FREEDOMS ISN'T A HERO? Soldiers are standing on the front lines trying not to get killed so they can live to fight another day for all the selfish people JUST LIKE YOU! you need to learn some respect. Why don't you go into the military and learn the things every soldiers has to know to live while you sit on your couch eating potato chips like a disgusting slimy PIG! It's people like you that cause more unnecessary deaths all over the world. Look in a mirror before you try and call our military men and women selfish.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 15, 2009
 

Judged:

5

2

1

Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airman, and Coasties..are just ordinary men and women...doing extraordinary things...rather heroic aye?
Grateful

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 17, 2009
 

Judged:

7

2

1

Blessings to the everyday heroes during extraordinary moments.
My husband joined the Marines after Pearl Harbor because he thought it was his duty. He was very lucky to have fought and survived Iwo Jima because many of his 18 year old buddies did not return to live out their lives.
There were few monetary or health benefits then.
They joined and fought because their country needed them and it was the correct thing to do.
It truly was a time when young people understood the meaning and costs of freedom from repression and invasion.
He understands today at age 86 that every day is precious so he truly understands what others have lost - the years, the hours, the minutes of life.
He cries when a police officer or fireman/woman is injured or killed and still does what he can to preserve peoples' rights when others don't get it. He often prays for today's young people who put themselves squarely between citizens and dangerous perpetrators - in the US or foreign nations.
Words of thanks never seem enough to those who put their very lives on the line for us. I only hope we are worth it.

“Down in the Bayou”

Since: Apr 08

Vancleave Mississippi

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 17, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Grateful wrote:
Blessings to the everyday heroes during extraordinary moments.
My husband joined the Marines after Pearl Harbor because he thought it was his duty. He was very lucky to have fought and survived Iwo Jima because many of his 18 year old buddies did not return to live out their lives.
There were few monetary or health benefits then.
They joined and fought because their country needed them and it was the correct thing to do.
It truly was a time when young people understood the meaning and costs of freedom from repression and invasion.
He understands today at age 86 that every day is precious so he truly understands what others have lost - the years, the hours, the minutes of life.
He cries when a police officer or fireman/woman is injured or killed and still does what he can to preserve peoples' rights when others don't get it. He often prays for today's young people who put themselves squarely between citizens and dangerous perpetrators - in the US or foreign nations.
Words of thanks never seem enough to those who put their very lives on the line for us. I only hope we are worth it.
well said...and I salute your husband..they truly are the greatest generation...
Pansy Ass

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 27, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

What a little bitch! hahaha, He/She would have cried just at MEPS. Go screw off. So what if they signd up for college, they're deployed now! Teachers were just boring old teachers until Columbine. Just because they picked a desk job, doesn't mean they aren't extraordinary people, when the time comes. I'm a military wife, and yeah, some of those people are sacks of shit, but that guy will have my husbands back when bullets are flying. Freedom of speach for YOU will always be protected by those kinds of people. If they didnt' exist, you wouldn't have that right to open your stupid ass mouth.
I'm proud of my husband doing his job, 98% divorce rate, because he spends more time away saving your freedom, than he does at home with me. He is a Hero, even if he doesn't die "just doing his job".
Completely disgusted

Downers Grove, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 11, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Cannot believe this site exists!!! It must be nice to sit back and make judgements from the comfort of your home surrounded by family. Meanwhile I have to try and explain to my three year old son that his daddy is going away for a year to serve his country and stand up for cowards who don't have the courage or bravery to do it themselves. If you want to be able to speak about this at all then I say to you but on some boots, grab a gun and go out and fight for your country otherwise shut the hell up. I hope that my son never has to experience seeing some group of morons disrespecting what his father is. His dad is a soldier through and through and he believes in what he is fighting for. Soldier or no soldier my husband is a hero to his sons and his entire family. The next time you see a soldier maybe he's in uniform because he is on duty dumbA$$!! Maybe he is coming home from overseas fighting for your right to spout off ignorance. Maybe you should start mentoring a child who doesn't have a mother or a father or maybe be a big brother to a child who for a year doesn't have their hero around. Or better yet buy a one way ticket to Iraq or Afghanistan, maybe they won't behead you for being American.
88M_Soldier

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 14, 2009
 

Judged:

4

2

1

My whole family has been in the military in one way or a nother. I had a greatx2 uncle who was on both sides of the cival war. He started for the south and ended up going to the north. A grandpa who was in WW2, another uncle in Nam. My mom was in the Army and now I am. So for people to say that soldiers are not heros, the desurve to be takin around back and shot by a firing squad. I personaly am about to go to Iraq. I asked to go with another unit, same as how i signed up with out being told to. You know why? To protect every little dumb asses freedom of speech. So when i come home they can sit there are say that i did it for my own selfish reasoning. You know what, if thats what you think, here is what i think.
"If you are not behind our troops; feel free to stand in front of them!"
Currently Deployed

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 31, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

I have one thing for you, I am d@mn tired of getting shot at, so I tell you what if you won't stand behind me as a soldier then stand in front me so I don't get shot. As far as the uniform thing goes, why do you think we call it a monkey suit? I cant wait to get my uniform off when I get home, and even if when I do where my uniform there is a sense of pride and honor that goes into wearing nothing I would expect an uneducated "it" like yourself would understand when you put on your burgerking hat. No one joins the military with the intentions of dying, I will tell you as I tell my squad, I am not willing to die for my country but I am d@mn willing to make them die for theirs. If it comes down to me or them, it will always be them. You suck at life, so come'on I dare you to spend one night over here. Bring your burgerking hat, and your uniform see how much of a "HERO" you feel wearing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of364
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Reading News Video

•••
•••

Reading Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Reading People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Reading News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Reading
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••