Context is crucial on Susan B. Anthony

Context is crucial on Susan B. Anthony

There are 5 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Feb 15, 2010, titled Context is crucial on Susan B. Anthony. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Susan B. Anthony had an opinion on just about everything that affected the lives of American women in the 19th century.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Caroline Scully

Windsor, MA

#1 Feb 15, 2010
Thank you Ruth Bass. Nice column!
Jeanne Matthew

Becket, MA

#2 Feb 15, 2010
Thank you, Ms. Bass, for the lovely column. Historical context is exactly the point that we were/are trying to make. I don't presume to know what ANYONE thinks about the issue. I DO presume to know that free access to information is a necessity in a democracy! Please visit www.susanbanthonymuseum.com to see what we have found.
Debbie Lusignan

Albany, NY

#3 Feb 15, 2010
Thank you Ruth, please visit susanbanthonymuseum.com for the full history of the Feminist Choosing Life of New York, Feminist for Life of America, and Susan B Anthony's list ten year campaign to co-opt Susan B Anthony for their own anti-choice cause. The story goes much deeper. Unfortunately, reading the front page article in today's paper, it is clear that the Eagle is not interested in printing the true story. They slandered the group who protested outside their opening at the library, utilizing false quotes from the protestors and insulting them with labeling their group as anti-abortion which it is not. The groups purpose in protest was to disclose the reality of the extensive anti-choice national connections of the Board Members and Board of Advisory members on the Susan B Anthony Birthplace museum boards. The larger story is being covered thoughtfully and truthfully on susanbanthonymuseum.com and it is a shame that the Eagle has abdicated its journalistic intergrity and duty in covering this story. Thank you Ruth and go to the website, I think you will be stunned.
goofy conspiracy theories

Chicopee, MA

#5 Feb 15, 2010
Debbie Lusignan wrote:
go to the website, I think you will be stunned.
Yeah, I was stunned to read that Sarah Palin has a connection to the museum. What next, maybe they claim Elvis, Bigfoot and Old Coot are behind the museum too.
no more drama

Easthampton, MA

#6 Feb 15, 2010
I find it interesting that the objective news articles on the subject are being shunned by the protestors, but they love the only subjective piece to come out. LOL! Why is it that a few local crazies are trying to "hijack Susan" for THEIR cause? I've seen the museum now and it's objective as hell. But most of all it's bringing revenue into our dying town. Build a bridge and get over it you guys!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies of Woburn watch out! (Nov '14) May 27 vail 4
News Saugus woman wins trip to Ireland (Oct '07) May 14 Greg Louganis 19
News Child Services Workers Picket Unsafe Caseloads May 11 Steve 17
News Doyon School in Ipswich chooses interim principal (Jun '11) May 3 Ipswich watch dog 2
Former resident Joel Camara age 43 wins share o... Apr '15 Star 1
News Minor Earthquake Rocks (or Not) the Area Apr '15 Reading MAss 1
News Reading Teen Arrested in NH (Jul '14) Jul '14 Emily Litella 2
More from around the web

Reading People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]