Billerica Moose Lodge to open

Billerica Moose Lodge to open

There are 38 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Nov 29, 2008, titled Billerica Moose Lodge to open. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Nearly three years after its inception, Billerica's chapter of the Loyal Order of the Moose is getting ready to open the doors to its brand new lodge on Boston Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
North Billerica

Lowell, MA

#21 Feb 1, 2009
So now the Moose is open. So many good people have worked really hard donated their time and money to have something clean and nice - townie roofers, carpenters, pavers etc. worked hard to have a clubhouse for them to take their wives and meet up with friends and play some pool, dance a bit, Karaoke etc. Too bad it has already been overshadowed with morons getting paid to run the joint while these good guys and gals are at real jobs. Even the bartenders are volunteering their time.
Not just Drunks go out you know. There are plenty of non drinkers that are members of the moose.

Cyrusboy

United States

#22 Feb 11, 2009
And being from Ashburnham this concerns you how? I think you need to find a better way to voice your opinion on or spend your time on. Here's a thought "join the Moose" and volunteer at local hospitals or organize fund raisers for needy organizations like the the members of the Moose do!
sigh wrote:
....just what Billerica needs, another watering hole!
sigh

Springfield, MA

#23 Feb 12, 2009
Cyrusboy wrote:
And being from Ashburnham this concerns you how? I think you need to find a better way to voice your opinion on or spend your time on. Here's a thought "join the Moose" and volunteer at local hospitals or organize fund raisers for needy organizations like the the members of the Moose do!<quoted text>
It concerns me cuz I live in Billerica ...and there is enough bars and drunks here already! If the organization is so good, then why do they have to have a bar? Isnt there enough on 3-A?
slayer

Sudbury, MA

#24 Feb 26, 2009
Hey Mink, your opinion is welcome but your question, with pre-conceived notions, is not supported by any facts, i.e. your question: Why is it Billerica has so many drunks living there? First of all where do you live? It's highly likely that based on your dumb-ass question that you reside in a town/city that is comprised of 90% mentally challanged people and with those odds it's highly likely you're from the town of Lawrence where the court determines you're not responsible for anything you do because you have a low IQ. Does that sound ligical to you, it should base on your idiotic question.
willie

Chelmsford, MA

#25 Feb 27, 2009
Is good for the safety of others to have the lounge so close. Plus, its tough to get those cars off the blocks on the front lawn.
doc

Dracut, MA

#26 May 4, 2009
willie wrote:
Is good for the safety of others to have the lounge so close. Plus, its tough to get those cars off the blocks on the f ront lawn.
Willie you sound like one intelligent individual or is it your a member of the Chelmsford Elks.
doc

Dracut, MA

#27 May 4, 2009
North Billerica wrote:
So now the Moose is open. So many good people have worked really hard donated their time and money to have something clean and nice - townie roofers, carpenters, pavers etc. worked hard to have a clubhouse for them to take their wives and meet up with friends and play some pool, dance a bit, Karaoke etc. Too bad it has already been overshadowed with morons getting paid to run the joint while these good guys and gals are at real jobs. Even the bartenders are volunteering their time.
Not just Drunks go out you know. There are plenty of non drinkers that are members of the moose.
I live in Chelmsford and I work for the Middlesex Sherrif's Dept. I drop into the Moose from time to time. I have not met one rude person yet including the help so it sounds to me you have the problem not the Moose.
doc

Dracut, MA

#28 May 4, 2009
Chea wrote:
Thank god! There are tons of children in that area and I would hate to see any "accidents" take place!!!
We could use some class in this area, let's try our best to provide that!
I believe in what the Moose stands for sure you can have a beer or two but I believe if you want something to be good get involved and make it good. The Moose isn't about Billerica it can help all of our local communities and Mooseheart so stop the chatter and go down and get involved.
ttt

Newburyport, MA

#29 May 12, 2009
Mink wrote:
Why is it Billerica has so many drunks living there?
Cause they won't let them back into Lawrence being pedophiles and all...
brian the dog

Brookline, MA

#30 May 12, 2009
doc wrote:
<quoted text> I live in Chelmsford and I work for the Middlesex Sherrif's Dept. I drop into the Moose from time to time. I have not met one rude person yet including the help so it sounds to me you have the problem not the Moose.
were you pouring old homicide down sheriff jimma's throat?that jimma he really likes to get hammered.the sheriff requires all future mso employees to work part time as bartenders.the jimma a great guy with tax payer $$$$$$$$$$
city

New Baltimore, MI

#31 May 12, 2009
Bill Rica wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thang. The BPD will be on top of it alright. They'll pull up a stool and knock em back.
you got that right, brotha!!!!
spg

Acton, MA

#32 Oct 21, 2009
all irish
sally

Hoboken, NJ

#33 Oct 21, 2009
doc wrote:
<quoted text> Willie you sound like one intelligent individual or is it your a member of the Chelmsford Elks.
I am a member of the Elks, and the Elks and the Moose both do many charitable works for the community.
Anonymous

Tyngsboro, MA

#34 May 24, 2010
too bad the place is riddled with and run by coconuts
Bill The rain

Methuen, MA

#35 Aug 18, 2010
Wow, what a great thread. I havent been here in quite some time.....looks to me like it's a site for the mentally inept. We mock what we do not understand is an understaement for the dribble you morons have posted about the Moose.
scott

North Reading, MA

#36 Oct 2, 2010
the moose is awsome, everyone has a fun, peacful time and its all for a good cause
James

Dracut, MA

#37 Oct 2, 2010
If the Moose club in Billerica is anything loke the Moose club in Somerville used to be. They should close it down right now, and save everyone alot of trouble
Sammy

Billerica, MA

#38 Oct 5, 2010
doc wrote:
<quoted text> Willie you sound like one intelligent individual or is it your a member of the Chelmsford Elks.
That would be one and the same. The Elks, the Moose, the Knights of Columbus-
all oustanding organizations that help their communuties in innumerable ways.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Rep. Jim Miceli prides himself on not tak... (Oct '10) 8 hr Respect 20
Review: Town Of Saugus (Dec '15) 14 hr Cough cough 24
Review: Elite Financial Services (Jul '12) Jun 25 Sharing the burden 10
The Cowsills play Kowloon in Saugus on Thursday (Aug '13) Jun 25 Pass the plate 4
I Love Kickboxing - Saugus, MA Great Workout Jun 24 VivianSBoxer 1
News Is Route 1 traffic light needed? (Sep '06) Jun 21 For OPECs eyes only 2
State Rep Wong (Jan '12) Jun 20 A friend indeed 25
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Reading Mortgages