Measure targets sexually explicit tex...

Measure targets sexually explicit texts to children

There are 9 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Measure targets sexually explicit texts to children. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Adults sending sexually graphic electronic messages to children is not only wrong and immoral, it should also be illegal, argues state Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

UMASSOLE

Ayer, MA

#1 Feb 10, 2010
can anyone say election year KNEE-JERK, but of course "it's for the children"
The Cynic

Lowell, MA

#2 Feb 10, 2010
Too bad the judges can't be on the receiving end of a "knee-jerk". I smell job security at play, but for whom, lawyers, legislatures??? Whatever, it smells bad!!!!!!!
Tony

Tewksbury, MA

#3 Feb 10, 2010
Parents need to keep a closer scrutiny on what their children do and watch, both on tv and the internet.
LAW ABIDING CITIZEN

Tewksbury, MA

#4 Feb 10, 2010
Massachusetts and the sad liberal court system always protects the perverts and pedophiles instead of the children!!!
Uncle Samuel

Lowell, MA

#5 Feb 10, 2010
Tony wrote:
Parents need to keep a closer scrutiny on what their children do and watch, both on tv and the internet.
True, of course, but we can't as a society leave the pervs and easy out!! That's simply nuts.
Wild Hogs Kill Children

United States

#6 Feb 10, 2010
Uncle Samuel wrote:
<quoted text>
True, of course, but we can't as a society leave the pervs and easy out!! That's simply nuts.
Oh yea another stupid law to protect the children, yea election year and the sheep come running! How about parents taking care of their children and watching what they do? "NO", too easy then some parents might have to become real parents. I think we have enough insane laws on the books!
Tony

Tewksbury, MA

#7 Feb 10, 2010
Uncle Samuel wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but don't expect the government to do all the parenting. Parents need to position their children out of reach by being more vigilant. Some parents don't even put parental controls on their PCs or their TVs. That's just irresponsible parenting.
maddie

Norwood, MA

#8 Feb 13, 2010
I agree i do not even like when i get that type of message and im an adult. I think it is out of control...
maddie

Norwood, MA

#9 Feb 13, 2010
LAW ABIDING CITIZEN wrote:
Massachusetts and the sad liberal court system always protects the perverts and pedophiles instead of the children!!!
I totally agree with you, i dont understand why those who break laws still have rights...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Reading Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Billerica's Iversen latest local auto dealer to... (Sep '08) May 3 bob 115
Massachusetts lottery winning garnishment Apr 22 Skrilla 1
Rats issie in Saugus, MA Apr '18 Everett resident 2
Who knows mario scire? Arrowhead dr. Or m.a.s b... (Apr '17) Apr '18 Mariosucks 5
Danny Wells hit by drunk driver Woburn Cop on G... (Jul '09) Mar '18 Green Street Resi... 47
Black History Month begins Feb '18 BLM 1
News Chiropractic Treatment Helps With Blood Pressure (Apr '10) Jun '16 Anonymous 31

Reading Jobs

Personal Finance

Reading Mortgages