Marrying a sex offender
Woman

Cecilia, KY

#22 Nov 1, 2010
any woman that marries a sex offender is terrible. What is it she cant get any one else!!!!!!!! women like that are hust as sick!!!!!!!!
Stuart

Broadalbin, NY

#23 Nov 10, 2010
You all sound like a bunch of narrow minded idiots that don't believe that our corrections system works. Many ex-sex offenders DO NOT recommit.
Ruined

Osage Beach, MO

#25 Dec 15, 2010
I'm married to a sex offender. I just found out Sunday,3 days ago, that my husband touch a little boy 11 years ago and he thought I would never find out. If I would have known, I would have never married him. I haven't told him that I know. I'm scared to see his reaction. I know I will never be able to have kids with him now, and it frustrates me that I have spent 7 years of my life with him.
May

Ashland, KY

#26 Dec 15, 2010
Stuart wrote:
You all sound like a bunch of narrow minded idiots that don't believe that our corrections system works. Many ex-sex offenders DO NOT recommit.
Sounds as if YOU got caught,Throw your stats up and prove that your not talking out of your ass,your just a whiny liberal" many ex sex offenders do not recommit" Your opinion ...does not equal... fact.Would you leave your children unattended with a ex offender? If you answer yes to that you truly need professional help.
Tell It

United States

#27 Dec 16, 2010
"My boyfriend is a RSO and is he a monster because the "victim" told him she was 19 when she was 16, was in a night club for persons 18 years and older, and persued HIM to have sex with her. He NEVER had a record before this. He explained the situation to me before we got serious and I myself checked into by assessing his case file. We plan to get married in a year, am I an idiot? I have 3 kids two boys ages 3 and 7 and my daughter is 12 and they LOVE him and he loves them. Does that make me desperate? Does it mean I love my kids any less because I'm dating a RSO? He didn't RAPE a child he didn't MOLEST any child, he had a lapse in judgment and had CONSENTUAL sex with the "victim" he portrayed herself as being of age.
PLEASE PEOPLE GET EDUCATED ON THIS MATTER, EVERY RSO IS NOT A MONSTER. "

Could not have said it better myself there are several men in the exact situation. Its sad that they have to live with people pointing their fingers at them because of a inmature girl, but it happens.Yes I know their are some serious perverts out there and may god have mercy on there soul. But sometimes this isn't the case so for all of you pointing fingers you should step back and look the situation just because they are a "registered sex offender" doesn't always mean they have offended or abused anyone.
justice

Campbellsville, KY

#28 Dec 16, 2010
wat ever happen with Tommy Dowell and that cause , looks like it got pushed under the rug
GodsChild

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 Dec 16, 2010
There is no justice in our wonderful justice system.I was a victim and know first hand.Mom's stay married to these guys and choose for their children to stay in the situation and there's nothing that be done.You just deal with it and finally become an adult where they still try to have power over you and there's still nothing that can be done. No matter how tall you stand they still stand taller and our legal system allows this to continue.The only freedom I have is the freedom in Christ and that's the best.Lawyers make deals judges turn their heads and victims get lost while perps go free.Where's justice?
TAustin

Dalton, GA

#30 Dec 17, 2010
What about the Registered Sex Offenders that have been put in prison because he was 19 and she was 15, or 18 and 14? Are they monsters? No, they are not it's called Statutory Rape with consent, and it carries 5 years in prison...all because of age. Which can ruin a person's life...it has ruined a person's life. People, not all sex offenders are monsters. Get all your facts straight before you lump all of them into the same grave!
GodsChild

Elizabethtown, KY

#31 Dec 18, 2010
TAustin wrote:
What about the Registered Sex Offenders that have been put in prison because he was 19 and she was 15, or 18 and 14? Are they monsters? No, they are not it's called Statutory Rape with consent, and it carries 5 years in prison...all because of age. Which can ruin a person's life...it has ruined a person's life. People, not all sex offenders are monsters. Get all your facts straight before you lump all of them into the same grave!
I have to agree with this statement it is definitly wrong that that happens to people. I just don't understand how the judges and lawyers(commonwealth) can allow these people to plead out for lesser charges and be free. Even the lesser charges should carry a heavier sentence. The victims especially the children have a life sentence even after they have forgiven they never forget. It's true there are people that get very heavy sentences because of consentual contact sometimes not even sex and these pervs that are out her raping children get off with what in my opinion is nothing. I think that the judges and lawyers need to be held accountable. They are the ones that are allowing the punishment or in most cases freedom of these pervs. Judges abuse their power everyday and are never held accountable.
GodsChild

Elizabethtown, KY

#32 Dec 18, 2010
as for parents marrying a sex offender it is sorry even if there is very little chance that they think the offender would do anything again there is still a chance and why on earth would you ever want to put your gift from God in harms way. If you don't care enough about you child to love and protect them then give them to someone that will. I am a parent and I would rather live my life alone at least knowing that I protected my child. There are good people in this world ready to love and respect others but why does it seem that parents are always searching or ending up with the not very good ones. If you are a parent then do your job and act like it atleast until the child is 18 and can do for themselves.
pimp slap

United States

#33 Jan 2, 2011
heres a little fact for all you uneducated ignoramuses...

by todays sex offender standards if you urinate outside your house you are considered a sex offender in the eyes of the law..google it if you think im lying. which means that atleast 90% of all americans are sex offenders. and dont tell me that exhibitionism (urinating in view of the public) is not as bad as true sex acts because urinating or molestation you will still sit your a$$ in those treatment classes with all the REAL rapist and go through every thing he does.

also for the people that say a sex offender is dangerous because he got with an underage girl who lied are the same fat kids that never got picked at the school valentine dance. of course you fat a$$es would say something like that.

peace retards
Angry

Saint Johnsville, NY

#34 Mar 21, 2011
My FiancÚ is a RSO because he took my virginity before my 17th birthday. He is registered as a level 2 because of this. I find it ridiculous that it is hard for my FiancÚ to get a job because of something that he did with the person he is going to marry.
thinkaboutthis

Palmer, TX

#35 Apr 24, 2011
Jesus died for all of our sins including sex offenders. if we can't forgive them how can God forgive us.
LMS

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 Apr 24, 2011
He won't!!!!!!!!!!
Kay

Dallas, TX

#37 Apr 26, 2011
I think that unless you were in the room when the event occurred, a witness to the crime, with evidence it's impossible to judge a person the word of anyone these days. Whatever happend to solid proof? Why is society moving toward the guilty even if proven innocent viewpoint. Don't get me wrong, there are people out there who commit these crimes and leave a trail of destruction behind them. But, there are those who are falsely accused by a scorn lover who coaxing their child into lying simply to get back at a ex. Then who is the victim? It certainly isn't the ex girlfriend who has managed to put an innocent man through hell, having to gamble with facing a sympathetic jury who won't listen to the LACK of evidence but will hear and be swayed by testimony of a teenager who very well may have become sexually active between the date of breakup and the outcry of sexual violation or 7 years probation and lifetime registry as a sex offender for a crime he didn't commit and that held no proof. Don't forget, there are those that abuse the justice system and those who validate that abuse by disregarding the fact that it exists by ignoring the power of a scorned woman. No evidence, contradictory statements, and still no justice...Don't be amazed and ignorant, get the facts before you judge.
LMS

Elizabethtown, KY

#38 Apr 26, 2011
Kay, Who you talking about????
grace

Millbrook, AL

#39 Dec 11, 2011
makes me Mad wrote:
Any one who marries a sex offender is a piece of crap! What a low life person they too must be. Esp,, if the person has children!!!! Makes me sick!!!! Does any one happen to know any of these diots that would do that and put their children in danger of this!!!!!!
I married one. He was convicted of touching a adult woman's breast. They both were doing drugs that night. She wanted more. He said no. She got mad and accused him of this. Do you still think he is crap. He is a good father to our kids. He no longer do drugs. Does this make me bad. Jesus understand .
grace

Millbrook, AL

#40 Dec 11, 2011
Everyone that is RSO did not hurt children and my be innocent as well. People lie you know.
grace

Millbrook, AL

#41 Dec 11, 2011
Tell It wrote:
"My boyfriend is a RSO and is he a monster because the "victim" told him she was 19 when she was 16, was in a night club for persons 18 years and older, and persued HIM to have sex with her. He NEVER had a record before this. He explained the situation to me before we got serious and I myself checked into by assessing his case file. We plan to get married in a year, am I an idiot? I have 3 kids two boys ages 3 and 7 and my daughter is 12 and they LOVE him and he loves them. Does that make me desperate? Does it mean I love my kids any less because I'm dating a RSO? He didn't RAPE a child he didn't MOLEST any child, he had a lapse in judgment and had CONSENTUAL sex with the "victim" he portrayed herself as being of age.
PLEASE PEOPLE GET EDUCATED ON THIS MATTER, EVERY RSO IS NOT A MONSTER. "
Could not have said it better myself there are several men in the exact situation. Its sad that they have to live with people pointing their fingers at them because of a inmature girl, but it happens.Yes I know their are some serious perverts out there and may god have mercy on there soul. But sometimes this isn't the case so for all of you pointing fingers you should step back and look the situation just because they are a "registered sex offender" doesn't always mean they have offended or abused anyone.
. Does anyone know of any support groups.
Kay

Fort Worth, TX

#42 Dec 12, 2011
LMS wrote:
Kay, Who you talking about????
I'm talking about every person who has had a "fatal attraction" type relationship that ended badly which turned into a false allegation that had not evidence, dna, etc. They too are out there and to ignore and take the "guilty before proven innocent" stance is simply not justice, for either the "victim" or the "accuser".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raywick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min Mary Jane rotten ... 147,214
tiffany powell 14 hr whodey 10
staff management w2 (Jan '10) 14 hr nasreldeen 69
ladies 17 hr mike 1
Matt Hersey Fri dafuq 3
Why do Ushers in Black Churches (Sep '10) Fri Tracie curry 88
7th or 8th Grader at Prom (May '09) Thu gossiping girls 78
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raywick Mortgages