First Prev
of 3
Next Last
concerned

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Oct 22, 2012
Heard through the grapevine that employees were upset over not getting a raise... Planning on boycotting work black Friday and cyber Monday. Anyone else heard this?
work or get fired

Lexington, KY

#3 Oct 22, 2012
concerned wrote:
Heard through the grapevine that employees were upset over not getting a raise... Planning on boycotting work black Friday and cyber Monday. Anyone else heard this?
Upset is one thing, boycotting work is another. If they do boycott I hope black friday means every one of them gets a pink slip. If Amazon doesn't do this I will be greatly disappointed.
boycott all the way

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Oct 22, 2012
amazon gave them money for the raises to the gay marriage groups. boycott is the way to go, why work for a hourly wage went amazon want production work. they should pay on production .
Sammi

United States

#5 Oct 22, 2012
I would be very cautious about a boycott, especially, if you value your job. If you can afford to sit home without a paycheck, go for it. On the other hand, I do not think you will bring C-ville Amazon to it's knees with your boycott. Who has the bigger pockets? They can move, can you?
junk car

Nashville, TN

#6 Oct 23, 2012
first off i worked at amazon for a long time. and just because you do not go in on the friday after thanksgiving or that monday means nothing, because they are a shipping co. what people buy on black friday and cyber monday will not be shipped until a few days later unless you order next day. the main thing they will miss is holiday pay. so stop with the boycott bs.and also the temps will soon out number full time and they have the temps so scared that they would work 24 hrs a day. so they will take care of those days if a boycott happened.and also they can not fie you if you do not come in on them days unless you are out of points.
Silent Majority

Glasgow, KY

#7 Oct 24, 2012
Fear is the mind killer.
It makes you not take action or do anything.
Their is only one thing employees can do in a situation of a company not doing right by its employees. Unionization!
Jeff Bezoe has hired allot of ex-Walmart management personnel. Walmart is well known for not doing their employees right.
Every fulfillment center needs to unionize & put an end to Jeff's corporate GREED!
If it's even possible at this point.
What good is it to have a Job thats not worth having & doing people like Amazon is?
It's only a matter of time before rates or some BS write-up gets you out the door!
And if you don't agree then be happy with yourself.
weezer

Lexington, KY

#8 Nov 18, 2012
work or get fired wrote:
<quoted text>Upset is one thing, boycotting work is another. If they do boycott I hope black friday means every one of them gets a pink slip. If Amazon doesn't do this I will be greatly disappointed.
firing joining a union is against the law. sign the card.
louisville doesnt exist

Hodgenville, KY

#9 Nov 18, 2012
weezer wrote:
<quoted text>
firing joining a union is against the law. sign the card.
Be without a job. Do you know that Amazon bought Zappos in Sherperdsville and just built a new facility I think just across the river from Louisville. Do you not think they won't pull out of C-ville? Be very careful what you wish for.
hmmm

Lexington, KY

#10 Nov 18, 2012
louisville doesnt exist wrote:
<quoted text>Be without a job. Do you know that Amazon bought Zappos in Sherperdsville and just built a new facility I think just across the river from Louisville. Do you not think they won't pull out of C-ville? Be very careful what you wish for.
money to do all that and didn't give their employees a raise?
louisville doesnt exist

Hodgenville, KY

#11 Nov 18, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
money to do all that and didn't give their employees a raise?
Do you think they bought all of that for free?
bush hog

Campbellsville, KY

#12 Nov 18, 2012
All of Amazons shops need to go union. They opened up new shop in Jeffersonville, Ind.. It's just a manner of time before they close Campbellsville. Why get ripped off another day.
dont do it george

Clarkson, KY

#13 Nov 19, 2012
yea, UPS would no longer be here if it wasnt for amazon...they might be here, just not near as many workers. and they have brought jobs here when no one else has...so why demand anything from them? i would thank them everyday they gave me the opportunity to work and make money for me family.
bush hog

Campbellsville, KY

#14 Nov 19, 2012
Amazon worth $ 80 billion. Stock holders get profit. They need to pay their employee and not hide behind Labor Management in order to take advantage of the workers. Labor Management makes monies for every hour that the employee works for doing Amazon dirty work. Labor Management needs a strike to force companies that use their service to pay employee the right wage.
Wrong

Hodgenville, KY

#15 Nov 19, 2012
bush hog wrote:
Amazon worth $ 80 billion. Stock holders get profit. They need to pay their employee and not hide behind Labor Management in order to take advantage of the workers. Labor Management makes monies for every hour that the employee works for doing Amazon dirty work. Labor Management needs a strike to force companies that use their service to pay employee the right wage.
Your an idiot. What the work that most of the employees do not require skill. Unskilled labor doesn't require higher pay. If they are making 14 a hour like some say, that is pretty good for unskilled labor. If they want a higher paying job, then go to school and be something that will make them more money.
bush hog

Campbellsville, KY

#16 Nov 19, 2012
You really don't think that Amazon is paying $14 a hour do you? Now you know who the idiot is..........
bush hog

Campbellsville, KY

#17 Nov 19, 2012
Union unskilled labor get a good wage because labor is not easy..............,,,,
darth v

Vine Grove, KY

#18 Nov 19, 2012
go ahead and walk out you can be on bread line with twinkie workers
bush hog

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Nov 19, 2012
Fear will get you nowhere. This country was not build on fear tactics .
Wrong

Hodgenville, KY

#20 Nov 19, 2012
bush hog wrote:
Union unskilled labor get a good wage because labor is not easy..........
That's why a average person can't afford to buy things like new cars. Union unskilled labor =$30,000 cars.
bush hog

Campbellsville, KY

#21 Nov 19, 2012
Thats not why. Wages are to low for employees of billion dollar companies. Plus you are forced to pay part of your pay check to a Labor Management company. Companies will give part of your wage to a third party, so they can hide behind them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raywick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min SistaNoneYa 138,020
Skatepark destroyed 4 hr newsman 9
What does the song crimson and clover by tommy ... (Jul '10) 5 hr eddi 53
Campbellsville Trivia (Jul '08) 12 hr Jojo 2,717
Sirens Old Lebanon 13 hr listener 2
Do libtards celebrate Memorial Day? 13 hr LMS 14
shorty wants a thug (Jul '13) 19 hr Cedric Eugene Che... 17
More from around the web

Raywick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]