Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

We moved up here from st.mary parish a few months ago. Always been with FarmBureau Insurance since I grew up on cane farm. Anyway I wasn't too impressed the agent at the Rayville FB office. Any suggestions regarding surrounding farm Bureau offices in other parishes? I am either changing my farm agent to another parish or give me some suggestions for home insurance plus vehicles for comprehensive coverage in Rayville area. thanks
North_La_CoonAss

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

P.S. I like to have a REAL LIFE agent-not internet, Flo or other electronic agent. Thanks

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2013

Judged:

North_La_CoonAss wrote:
We moved up here from st.mary parish a few months ago. Always been with FarmBureau Insurance since I grew up on cane farm. Anyway I wasn't too impressed the agent at the Rayville FB office. Any suggestions regarding surrounding farm Bureau offices in other parishes? I am either changing my farm agent to another parish or give me some suggestions for home insurance plus vehicles for comprehensive coverage in Rayville area. thanks
We've always been treated good at the Farm Bureau agency here. Our home and land is insured under them. However, for our vehicle insurance we went to Shelter as they had better rates.
Nobody_Special

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

I used Farm Bureau for years but had some problems a few years ago with the failure of the head man in Rayville to provide us with some possible upgrades, increased coverage, etc for just slightly higher rates. Every time we were in the office, he was too BUSY trying to sell us high-priced LIFE insurance instead of making sure that we had the best coverage on our home, land and vehicles. We checked around and changed our homeowners to Mr. Herman Worley at Bastrop. Changed vehicles to state farm (slightly higher rates for autos but fantastic coverage with more options & higher limits PLUS fantastic service from both Herman and State Farm's new agent in town. Thumbs UP to Herman at American National and Thumbs UP to Laura Wood, state farm and a quadruple Thumbs DOWN to the head man at Rayville Farm Bureau.(the remainder of the staff at FB were very polite & helpful, BTW).
Nobody_Special

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

Oh, plus at FB, we had purchased a new truck and went into the office to get the insurance for the truck- the head man spent time EMBARASSING us for financing the truck through Ford Motor Credit rather than some type of financing that he could have gotten us. He insinuated that we were stupid for paying a higher APR on the loan than 'going through him.' Not too long after that meeting, we saw him in a local restaurant with a woman and some children, he didn't even act like he knew us! All we did was speak to him, saying something to the effect of "hi--how are you'. He looked at the woman and said to her-'are they talking to me' and laughed and chuckled. NOW please know that these are my personal first-hand experiences with him. There's not enough room on here to share all the hearsay that I've heard about him.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

I guess we've just been lucky. Sorry to hear about your experience, Nobody_Special. That kind of treatment could sour anyone. When we've had a claim, they've been very prompt in attending to it though. Thankfully the claims haven't been major.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rayville Discussions

Search the Rayville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 17 hr Living Wage 2,109
Whatever happened to........ Sat What you mean 6
What goes around comes around Fri voter2 4
Rhymes Bunny Cake Sale in Rayville Thursday-Friday Thu Voter 3 1
Kent Gay Teen Meetup (Sep '13) Apr 13 All queers shall burn 12
Girls: do you like to swallow and suck c*ck? Apr 12 Confucious Say 2
Girls, swallow c*m or take it on the face? Apr 12 Joshcumsabunch 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rayville Jobs

•••