trouble at RPDC/RPSO
told yal so

Mamou, LA

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Lee thinks about him self but i guess when you get a sheriff' pay, retirment check and a pay rise right after you take office you don't need a part time job. a lot of people don't make that to suport their family

Since: Apr 11

United States

#3 Sep 19, 2012
Other agencies do the same thing, I think it's more of less knowing where your gpnna be only your days off Incase of an emergency...as an officer I think your "always on call"...if you just wanna quit, then quit...i mean really what are they gonna do fire you because of a second job I doubt it
eat my shorts

United States

#4 Sep 19, 2012
So just how many jobs do you have? The way I see it your time off is your time off. I can see is you are a road deputy that you might be called out in case of emergency but office staff... Really. It takes more then 1 job to make ends meet for a lot of families these days and as long as the second job doesn't get in the way of the first job what business is it of the first employer. The main question that gets me on the application is your income at the second job. What business is that of the Sherrif's? I can see him needing to know what yours hours are and where the second job is located but your other income is between you and the IRS.

United States

#5 Sep 20, 2012
Is it thier business, no...is it simple redundancy in department wide protocol that is intended for some but applied to all, probly so...at my job I am required to report any second jobs because while operating a vehicle that belongs to a goverment entity I am only allowed to drive "x number" of hours a day...a second job, which I have can put me over the department of transportation limit for safe operation...yes it's ridiculous and but point is I'm not just gonna quit to prove a point that it isn't their business, infact if I lied about it they probably wouldn't ever know...I just don't think it's that big of an issue, to them or me, it's just protocol that we must all deal with in the modern world...if they asked I'd tell them, if you gotta have 2 jobs to support your family, you don't question stuff like that...you simply go with it and take care of your family, or that's what I do
Reason

United States

#6 Oct 2, 2012
What I do on my time is my business. Furthermore, if I want a second job should I ask for permission? This is truly ridiculous and a gross, even vulgar display of what type of power an employer is capable of having when the administration is not run properly. It is a shame, but it is a change.
truth2

United States

#7 Oct 3, 2012
I understand about having a second job but if you're going be working in law-enforcement Or for a parish agency I think that could comes back and would be a liability on the sheriffs office
Reason

United States

#8 Oct 6, 2012
truth2 wrote:
I understand about having a second job but if you're going be working in law-enforcement Or for a parish agency I think that could comes back and would be a liability on the sheriffs office
Yeah... All those bus routes are endangering the integrity of the sheriffs office... Which we all know they don't need any help doing that.
WhoDat Fan

Center Point, LA

#9 Oct 10, 2012
In Last Year's Sheriff's race- many individual names were discussed, supposed actions on their own time, personalities, wife-beaters, donut-eaters, work-slackers, payroll-frauding, yada, yada, etc. Anyway, I guess the sheriff is protecting the office's integrity for the next 3 years-He's trying to keep the water clear & the ground dry to divert all the MUD SLINGING that went on in the last election. he don't want to hear (during the next campaign) that his chief deputy, one of the detectives, or radio operator have been moonlighting as a MALE stripper when not on the clock at the S.O.!
again, just my thoughts!

West Monroe, LA

#10 Oct 10, 2012
WhoDat Fan wrote:
In Last Year's Sheriff's race- many individual names were discussed, supposed actions on their own time, personalities, wife-beaters, donut-eaters, work-slackers, payroll-frauding, yada, yada, etc. Anyway, I guess the sheriff is protecting the office's integrity for the next 3 years-He's trying to keep the water clear & the ground dry to divert all the MUD SLINGING that went on in the last election. he don't want to hear (during the next campaign) that his chief deputy, one of the detectives, or radio operator have been moonlighting as a MALE stripper when not on the clock at the S.O.!
again, just my thoughts!
I hope you ain't bout to say Ralph is a stripper
WhoDat Fan

Center Point, LA

#11 Oct 11, 2012
well, let's see-could be Ralph, Roy or even Owen! We will know for sure when election rolls around!
Timekeeper

United States

#12 Oct 11, 2012
WhoDat Fan wrote:
again, just my thoughts!
In an economy where it is difficult to get one job, much less two?!?! I feel as if a deputy is in a financial situation that required the supplement of a secondary income he should be allowed to do just that. The sheriff is making a living to the tune of about 3x that of a well paid deputy. In his situation he probably does not consider a second job a necessity. However, ask the man struggling to make a living and support a family while making 10 bucks an hr at the detention center how fair it is. Ask the man who drives a school bus for a little extra money for his family... The one who farms... Ask the hard working, blue collar deputies from years past what it hurts to have a second job. It is fairly easy for people to say that a second job to an individual who is able bodied is a bad thing... From the outside looking in. From he inside looking out? This does nothing but undermind the hard working Americans who want to do a little better for their families, while doing a job they love. It is absolutely sickening to think this is even in question... Or up for debate for that matter. It is a shame that someone can look at the situation at hand and think that this somehow endangers your we'll being as a citizen. Peace officers in this state make well below the national average for doing this job. If not for this a secondary means for income would probably not be necessary for most. So consider that while you are supporting this requirement that has been opposed on your deputies... Also consider a person facing economic hardship may be forced to find employment elsewhere... And the job he is leaving will be less appealing to the next applicant. Ultimately this means poor quality employees which leads to even more poor job performance. None of us want this to continue at that rate, especially people who have taken time to consider these issues.

United States

#13 Oct 12, 2012
Timekeeper wrote:
<quoted text>In an economy where it is difficult to get one job, much less two?!?! I feel as if a deputy is in a financial situation that required the supplement of a secondary income he should be allowed to do just that. The sheriff is making a living to the tune of about 3x that of a well paid deputy. In his situation he probably does not consider a second job a necessity. However, ask the man struggling to make a living and support a family while making 10 bucks an hr at the detention center how fair it is. Ask the man who drives a school bus for a little extra money for his family... The one who farms... Ask the hard working, blue collar deputies from years past what it hurts to have a second job. It is fairly easy for people to say that a second job to an individual who is able bodied is a bad thing... From the outside looking in. From he inside looking out? This does nothing but undermind the hard working Americans who want to do a little better for their families, while doing a job they love. It is absolutely sickening to think this is even in question... Or up for debate for that matter. It is a shame that someone can look at the situation at hand and think that this somehow endangers your we'll being as a citizen. Peace officers in this state make well below the national average for doing this job. If not for this a secondary means for income would probably not be necessary for most. So consider that while you are supporting this requirement that has been opposed on your deputies... Also consider a person facing economic hardship may be forced to find employment elsewhere... And the job he is leaving will be less appealing to the next applicant. Ultimately this means poor quality employees which leads to even more poor job performance. None of us want this to continue at that rate, especially people who have taken time to consider these issues.
If you want a second job I think you should be able to get one, I have one, but I work for the state and I have to report my extra earnings and it has to be evaluated if or not it is a conflict of interest to the state...point is, just fill it out and go on about your work, I don't think anyone is saying you can't, you simply have to report it
Anonymous

Haslet, TX

#14 Oct 25, 2012
Timekeeper wrote:
<quoted text>
In an economy where it is difficult to get one job, much less two?!?! I feel as if a deputy is in a financial situation that required the supplement of a secondary income he should be allowed to do just that. The sheriff is making a living to the tune of about 3x that of a well paid deputy. In his situation he probably does not consider a second job a necessity. However, ask the man struggling to make a living and support a family while making10 bucks an hr at the detention center how fair it is. Ask the man who drives a school bus for a little extra money for his family... The one who farms... Ask the hard working, blue collar deputies from years past what it hurts to have a second job. It is fairly easy for people to say that a second job to an individual who is able bodied is a bad thing... From the outside looking in. From he inside looking out? This does nothing but undermind the hard working Americans who want to do a little better for their families, while doing a job they love. It is absolutely sickening to think this is even in question... Or up for debate for that matter. It is a shame that someone can look at the situation at hand and think that this somehow endangers your we'll being as a citizen. Peace officers in this state make well below the national average for doing this job. If not for this a secondary means for income would probably not be necessary for most. So consider that while you are supporting this requirement that has been opposed on your deputies... Also consider a person facing economic hardship may be forced to find employment elsewhere... And the job he is leaving will be less appealing to the next applicant. Ultimately this means poor quality employees which leads to even more poor job performance. None of us want this to continue at that rate, especially people who have taken time to consider these issues.
You're absolutely right, less satisfied employees = employees leaving for other opportunities whether law enforcement or not. Lee has managed to place several people in charge that have no business carrying a gun bc of past domestic violence occurrences and has also placed people in charge that have managed to run off very effective deputies simply bc they got the BIG HEAD now bc they're a Lieutenant!! WhooptyDo!!!! I just hope people see that Lee was a mistake.
funny

Springhill, LA

#15 Nov 14, 2012
what about the wardens girlfriend getting arrest for meth charges in ouchita parish. is this the same girl that she lost her job over before?
rayville girl

United States

#16 Jan 1, 2013
funny wrote:
what about the wardens girlfriend getting arrest for meth charges in ouchita parish. is this the same girl that she lost her job over before?
Yes this is the same girl and they are still together!!!!
Eagle Eye

Powhatan, LA

#17 Jan 23, 2013
rayville girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this is the same girl and they are still together!!!!
Yes just think about this Lee Harrell made a woman Lisban Warden out at the DC... I have a friend that his wifes cousin just got and the warden wanted her to come and stay with her a few days till she could get on her feet..She also said the warden hit on her at times..WOW isnt this like puting the fox in a hen house..One of the male inmates remark was he dosent see her on there side.. Duuuuu Why would she want too.. Eagle Eye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drones in Richland Parish..... May '17 RichlandParishSuc... 1
News Search Continues for Missing Rayville Man (Sep '12) Apr '17 Old friend 23
ridiculous attire (Jul '14) Apr '17 Clothing merchant 2
News Rayville FD might have paid for supplies never ... (Jan '16) Apr '17 Public official 8
Super eight 5stars Apr '17 LongTimeListner 1

Rayville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rayville Mortgages