Two People Charged In Shooting Murder

Two People Charged In Shooting Murder

There are 123 comments on the Fox4KC story from Nov 2, 2009, titled Two People Charged In Shooting Murder. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

A man and a woman have been charged in connection with the murder of Steven Lawrence, 35, in Cass County on Sunday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

reddvl78

Saint Louis, MO

#105 Nov 6, 2009
baby sis wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually yes i was there.And so was monica there are facts and video to prove that. Your threats are cute but at the same time meaningless.
Its really interesting that you were there and at the hospital at the same time. Better yet you say 'that you were there', well nevermind I think the comment speaks for itself.
mama2

Adrian, MO

#106 Nov 6, 2009
A Grieving Lawrence wrote:
<quoted text>
I love you for saying that.
Thank you so much. Our prayers and hearts go out to you too.
Lawrence is just another way of saying family forever.
Lawrence is another way of saying "1 more druggie off of the street"
mama2

Adrian, MO

#107 Nov 6, 2009
<quoted text>
How can you sit there and say “the wrong brother got killed” NO ONE SHOULD HAVE BEEN KILLED. Bobby, or Steve. It was handled in the wrong way. Someone got upset and took it too far. You all seem to be saying that Chris should get off easy, a year in jail? Come on, he KILLED my cousin Steve. KILLED him, there is no year away from his family and a few meetings to bring him back. Chris killed Steve, end of story. Now steve’s son has to be fatherless, his mother lost a son, and all of us Lawrence’s lost a member of our family. I cant believe you would sit here and say a year in jail and probation for murder. Your making it sound like Chris should get off for MURDER, but another man deserved to die for a robbery? Let us re-evaluate the situation here. Chris murdered someone, it only seems logical that he get the death penalty. Monica was an accomplice, seems right that she get the same punishment. And all you morons keep saying steve robbed and beat the old man, which by the way is NOT what happened, and he deserved to die. I truly thank GOD none of you are members of our justice system, because if you were in uniform I bet you’d let child molesters run daycares. We would all be ****!
Maybe the wrong one was killed, but the right one was killed.
Just another druggie off of the streets. Chris should be given
no time, and THANKED..........
mama2

Adrian, MO

#108 Nov 6, 2009
HOPEFULLY, from hell where they deserve to be. I pray for their children, but i also dont think it's fair for them to be able to live another day, not even take another breath. I hope none of their children are kept from this, and they know exactly what worthless pieces of **** those so called humans they were cursed with as parents were in their lives. Both Monica and Chris deserve to die the same death as Steve, although it will be much sweeter in the fact that they would have deserved what happened to them. They arent even worthy of the most horrendous, painful, awful death ever imagined. Steve was a great person, father, family member, and friend. He was my BEST FRIEND when i was younger, almost like an older brother to me. He did not deserve his fate, and i pray to the Lord above, if he is a just and right God he will send those bastards straight to hell where they belong. And i also hope Satan chooses to torture their souls for the rest of eternity. i pity anyone who has ever been forced to be in the same room as them. I am ashamed to breathe the same air as that scum. They are sorry excuses for human beings. There is no word i can think of to describe my feelings toward them, and i hope that one day, before their time on earth is ended, they can look another Lawrence in the face and see the life they've ruined. Oh what i would give to see the look in their eyes when the death penalty is ruled.
Then do not breathe, their children should never be subjected to any of this, and there will probably not be any death penalty,
and what all of us would give to see the look in the Lawrences eyes
that a couple more of their family druggies are off the street..
a friend

Kansas City, MO

#109 Nov 6, 2009
People keep referring to the Lawrence Family and Drugs! How many Lawrences do you really know? I know Lots that are good HONEST hard working people that has never touched drugs in there entire life. The fact is Murder was committed, and Punishment will be handed out to all that was involved.
wildfire6065

AOL

#111 Nov 6, 2009
listen "mama2" as you like to call your self.. what the hell does 15 years ago have to do with the fact of that happened to Steve now? you sound like a dumb biotch and I hope you lose a kid one day for saying sh*t like that. the only medal he deserves is the pretty shinny bracelets the po-po hooked his punk ass up with! just remember your words, cuz you seem to give a rats ass about that punk chris.. when he is strapped to the electric chair crying like a lil biotch, or he is playing "hide" the sausage with "BUBBA" in prison, that was his medal of honor. A big penis is his mouth for his efforts..
mama2

Adrian, MO

#112 Nov 7, 2009
wildfire6065 wrote:
listen "mama2" as you like to call your self.. what the hell does 15 years ago have to do with the fact of that happened to Steve now? you sound like a dumb biotch and I hope you lose a kid one day for saying **** like that. the only medal he deserves is the pretty shinny bracelets the po-po hooked his punk **** up with! just remember your words, cuz you seem to give a rats **** about that punk chris.. when he is strapped to the electric chair crying like a lil biotch, or he is playing "hide" the sausage with "BUBBA" in prison, that was his medal of honor. A big **** is his mouth for his efforts..
Evidently you do not know the Lawrences as you boast that you do, or you would remember them, Steve included, being busted........ I have lost 2 children thank you.....
I remember my words, and no, I don't give a rat's *ss, igive a heart and soul full for Chris... He is a wonderful, loving caring human being....He just helped society out,
but is a shame he was prodded by the word you are calling me....He is not a punk...
He will never get the electric chair.... You sound as if you know all about the little
game you must have played at one time or another, or Steve, or Wolfie, or Brad have
told you about it..Also sounds as if you have or have had something in your mouth, be it male or female....
mememememe

Warrensburg, MO

#113 Nov 7, 2009
36Atwood wrote:
If you want to love the bad boys shut up and except the consequences. 2 years is plenty of time to get out, I have no sympathy for her. Should have been home with her kids.
I went to school with Monica Foust and her sis. Monica had plenty of time to get away from chris if she really wanted. He obviously was not that bad considering she was so in love and they were going to get married!!! Monica has been crazy all of her life. I also know that Chris did have a bit of a drinking problem. But never and I mean never in a normal situation would Chris take a life of another person. His brother just passed a couple of days ago. No what happened on Nov 1st 2009 to Mr. Lawrence is not justifiable. For no reason. But, these guys ( the lawrence brothers) threatened with a gun as well and Robert is wanted by the FBI ON A $20,000 warrant. So, lots of mixed feelings.... But, Monica deserves to be in trouble not home with the kids that she doesn't even have because she tried killing herself in front of them. They both were in it together. Chris did not do this all by himself..........
wildfire6065

AOL

#114 Nov 7, 2009
mama2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently you do not know the Lawrences as you boast that you do, or you would remember them, Steve included, being busted........ I have lost 2 children thank you.....
I remember my words, and no, I don't give a rat's *ss, igive a heart and soul full for Chris... He is a wonderful, loving caring human being....He just helped society out,
but is a shame he was prodded by the word you are calling me....He is not a punk...
He will never get the electric chair.... You sound as if you know all about the little
game you must have played at one time or another, or Steve, or Wolfie, or Brad have
told you about it..Also sounds as if you have or have had something in your mouth, be it male or female....
Bitch I do know them they are my family.. so yes I do KNOW them.. TRUELY know them. I was raised with Steve and wolfie and bobby very closely. NO not all of us are druggies as you like to call us. I have you to know I am a college graduate and have a great family of whom I am proud of. Mark my words, chris WILL pay the ultimate price for his wrongs, and Steve is at the top of that list right now. Steve wasn't even THERE when the fight went down with the old man every one thinks he done this crap too. He was the wrong person, they was after Bobby stupid, come on are you an inbred too? do I have to draw you a fucking map? a diagram? HOW MANY TIMES does a group of retards have to hear the RIGHT info? BOBBY is the one that got into it with the old man, BOBBY is the one that won that fist fight, not after they ran him over by the way. STEVE was in the yard when the inbred dope head brought his HIGH ass over there and shot him, and said "I HOPE I GOT THE RIGHT ONE" as he RAN back to the truck monica was driving.. you know the GET AWAY car.. So, it sounds to me that the reason he is locked up and gonna fry is cuz he had 2 parents that were related some where down the line.. and it fucked with his way of thinking things through.. OR he was just that damn DRUNK and HIGH.
mama2

Adrian, MO

#115 Nov 9, 2009
wildfire6065 wrote:
<quoted text> **** I do know them they are my family.. so yes I do KNOW them.. TRUELY know them. I was raised with Steve and wolfie and bobby very closely. NO not all of us are druggies as you like to call us. I have you to know I am a college graduate and have a great family of whom I am proud of. Mark my words, chris WILL pay the ultimate price for his wrongs, and Steve is at the top of that list right now. Steve wasn't even THERE when the fight went down with the old man every one thinks he done this crap too. He was the wrong person, they was after Bobby stupid, come on are you an inbred too? do I have to draw you a **** map? a diagram? HOW MANY TIMES does a group of retards have to hear the RIGHT info? BOBBY is the one that got into it with the old man, BOBBY is the one that won that fist fight, not after they ran him over by the way. STEVE was in the yard when the inbred dope head brought his HIGH **** over there and shot him, and said "I HOPE I GOT THE RIGHT ONE" as he RAN back to the truck monica was driving.. you know the GET AWAY car.. So, it sounds to me that the reason he is locked up and gonna fry is cuz he had 2 parents that were related some where down the line.. and it **** with his way of thinking things through.. OR he was just that damn DRUNK and HIGH.
What a wonderful family of trouble.....Sorry you were raised with drugs and all.......
College grad has nothing to do with it, most people of Lawrenece caliber graduate, but that does not mean you are smart,some people who have graduated are really stupid, and some who graduate have no common sense....How do you know Steve was not there, were you there? I am not an inbred, but are you????? I think you have folks have been drawn a map and a diagram, and still do not understand that Steve was involved in a lot more than you think.......No we are not retards, seems as if you all have a problem...
Bobby did not win anything, if he did then turn himself in like a man.... That is
what is stupid and retarded... But he won nothing, he showed that he likes to steal,
and beat up on elderly people....If he was run over then it is to bad they did not do a better job....Chris is no inbred, let alone an inbred dope head....Chris was not out of the truck from what we know, where do you get your info????? You must of been there...
Thank goodness Chris is not related to the Lawrence or Foust Family, boy he would really
be a mess....As NEW INFO to you... His brother had just been buried, and he was very upset, and Miss Foust is as much to blame for being drunk, she was too, and when Chris did not want to go she did, as always just to get him in trouble, and succeeded as usual. He will not fry as you say, you do not even know the story, you are only going
on 3, 4, 5, or more hand info... Straighten your own family, before going after someone else.....
A Grieving Lawrence

United States

#116 Nov 9, 2009
I don’t care what anyone has to say, regardless of whether Steve was involved in anything does not mean he deserved to die. A man that was having whatever kinds of problems in his own life still has no right to kill another, especially when the original problem had NOTHING to do with him. With that said, I STRONGLY believe an eye for an eye. Even and just punishments. Just because a few items were allegedly stolen, doesn’t give any right for a mans life to be taken. Items can be replaced, but I will never get steve back. Instead of living with his family like he belongs, he will have to live forever in the ink that now decorates my side. In loving memory of his life and his impact on me. Bobby is a man. He is a man that just lost his brother, so if your logic is correct, he should not be accountable for his actions after Sunday November first. His brothers life was stolen and he too buried a brother. So if what your saying is correct, he can do just about anything, break any law, lose his temper and do the unthinkable, and not be punished for it. Chris should have known, he lost a brother, and he felt the pain, he saw the pain it caused him and his family. He should have known better than to inflict that pain on another. I love my family to death, no matter the rumors or slanderous statements made about them, true or false. My family is my world no matter what you have to say about them. Not all Lawrence’s are what you make us out to be. It’s unfair to judge a group on just a few, don’t you know that stereotyping isn’t really correct? You cant say a whole group is stupid, or druggies based on a select few. I’ve never touched drugs in my life, neither have many members of the Lawrence family. But regardless of who’s done drugs, who does drugs, and who may do them in the future, a “druggie” is a lot different than a murderer. You can change your life around and stop being a druggie, but Chris and Monica can NEVER take back what they’ve done. Murder is for life, and they can never change that. To be honest, if they do get off without the death penalty, I pray to God they cant sleep another wink for as long as they live. I pray that scene plays through their minds every time they so much as blink their eyes. I want them to never forget what they’ve done. You bad mouth my family for “doing drugs” or “stealing” from people, but what’s to say about their families? Their families harbored murderers. Their families raised killers. How proud are they?
a friend

Kansas City, MO

#117 Nov 9, 2009
I Love what you said!
loved

Garden City, MO

#118 Nov 9, 2009
I don’t care what anyone has to say, regardless of whether Steve was involved in anything does not mean he deserved to die. A man that was having whatever kinds of problems in his own life still has no right to kill another, especially when the original problem had NOTHING to do with him. With that said, I STRONGLY believe an eye for an eye. Even and just punishments. Just because a few items were allegedly stolen, doesn’t give any right for a mans life to be taken. Items can be replaced, but I will never get steve back. Instead of living with his family like he belongs, he will have to live forever in the ink that now decorates my side. In loving memory of his life and his impact on me. Bobby is a man. He is a man that just lost his brother, so if your logic is correct, he should not be accountable for his actions after Sunday November first. His brothers life was stolen and he too buried a brother. So if what your saying is correct, he can do just about anything, break any law, lose his temper and do the unthinkable, and not be punished for it. Chris should have known, he lost a brother, and he felt the pain, he saw the pain it caused him and his family. He should have known better than to inflict that pain on another. I love my family to death, no matter the rumors or slanderous statements made about them, true or false. My family is my world no matter what you have to say about them. Not all Lawrence’s are what you make us out to be. It’s unfair to judge a group on just a few, don’t you know that stereotyping isn’t really correct? You cant say a whole group is stupid, or druggies based on a select few. I’ve never touched drugs in my life, neither have many members of the Lawrence family. But regardless of who’s done drugs, who does drugs, and who may do them in the future, a “druggie” is a lot different than a murderer. You can change your life around and stop being a druggie, but Chris and Monica can NEVER take back what they’ve done. Murder is for life, and they can never change that. To be honest, if they do get off without the death penalty, I pray to God they cant sleep another wink for as long as they live. I pray that scene plays through their minds every time they so much as blink their eyes. I want them to never forget what they’ve done. You bad mouth my family for “doing drugs” or “stealing” from people, but what’s to say about their families? Their families harbored murderers. Their families raised killers. How proud are they?
You can grieve as you need too but don't be calling some of his family things you know nothing about! It is tragic event and i pray that everyone will be ok but there is some good people in their families that you don't know as well as we don't know you all so leave it at that! Don't critcize other people for their mistakes!!!!!
memememememe

Grain Valley, MO

#119 Nov 10, 2009
facts wrote:
all in all...what about the fact that it was the wrong brother that got killed. It is sad for everyone and all involved could have handled situations different. I wish that everyone could take a deep breath with out the cursing, and the look how tough I am imagine and focus on what truly happened and what could be learned. My prayers are with Chris who would benefit with anger management, AA, A year in jail and probation. As well as Steve's mom; I can only imangine what it would be like to bury a child. It would be nice to know that juctice could find its way to the brother of steve who actually beat up the man and caused all of this.
I agree. I cannot imagine my son being shot and passing before me. I feel that both mothers, chris, steve and monica were put in bad positions and chris' uncle chuck and steves brother should be punished as they are the root of this. Uncle chuck knew chris was not in his right state of mind and would do anything to protect the rest of his family as he just burried his brother. Robert was causing trouble and in turn, his brother lost his life. Now brother robert and uncle chuck are both on the run like the cowards they are. I am not excusing what chris and monica did. They are both grown. Chuck and Robert, i hope they sleep good at nite. That real trailer park trash.
Dose of reality

Nashville, TN

#120 Nov 12, 2009
I went to school with Monica. It was only a matter of time before she got tangled up in something like this. From the looks of this Sullivan guy, it's the same story.
memememememe

Grain Valley, MO

#121 Nov 12, 2009
WOWOWOWOW!!!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL OF THIS STILL!!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO MANY MIXED FEELINGS.....SO MUCH HATE BETWEEN FAMILIES WHO DON'T KNOW EACH OTHER AT ALL!!!! I DUNNO!!!!
A Grieving Lawrence

United States

#122 Nov 12, 2009
There is alot of hate between the families, but not by choice. I dont choose to hate, it happens because of actions that occur. I wish i didnt have to feel hate. i dont want to be filled with such anger and hurt, but during times such as these, its really the only thing i can feel. Tension is high between our family, and the Sullivans and Fousts. But again, not by choice. The actions that led up to this are the only things that were left to choice. Everyone seemed to have a choice on what to do, but none of us have a choice on how to feel. Thats life i guess.
that one bitch

Olathe, KS

#123 Dec 7, 2009
I think all involved need their asses handed to them. Tina included
Kira_Lawrence

United States

#124 Jul 3, 2013
For all of you showing hate to my uncle Steve get a life I am Brad Lawrence's daughter and I remember seeing my uncle steve and getting so excited I used to call him stinky Steve.. I really love him His mom cries her self to sleep every night because her creation the wonderful man she brought into this world is gone these two should be locked up for the rest of there life and for my dad that his older brother he always looked up to him and when my uncle Steve got shot my dad was on the phone with him .!!!! WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TO BE YOU.!??? No don't think so
better late than never

United States

#125 Sep 13, 2013
Reading this is just sad. Although 4 years have passed, this just isn't old news. And I'm only commenting on this because its time to set the record strait. So here is to all of you incompetent, uneducated idiots who believe being a Lawrence is about drugs and being "white trash". I have the Lawrence blood running through my veins. To make this even more exciting, I have Steve's blood running through my veins. So being Steve's daughter I should be a druggie right? Ha. I'm actually an very educated, DRUG FREE (always have been and always will be) dental hygiene student, who has an amazing husband and a great life. I bet you people who keep tossing around hurtful words weren expecting that huh? Although you don't care because I'm sure that you will come up with some other excuse as to why being a Lawrence is such a tragedy. What's tragic is that I have to get on this stupid ass website and see comments that stupid ass people make and that people have lost family members on both sides of this "argument". I nor does anyone else give two shits about what Steve did 15 years ago. I'm sure you did some shit 15 years ago that you dont really want people to know to didn't ya? Yaaa, that's what I thought. So before you have another episode of oral diarrhea take a second and just try to think about what your going to say before you say it. Stop playing the poor me card and deal with the situation. Both sides suffer and seeing this crap on the Internet is very childish and I'm sure that if the tables were turned that you'd feel the same way.
Oh and btw, this "white trash" chick is gonna buy you a roll of toilet paper (from my drug money). It looks like you got some shit spew from that diarrhea episode you had on your shirt.
R. I. P. Steve <3

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raymore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Predators At Your Door 8 hr Luba 4
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) 16 hr nottheone 105
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jul 28 Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
In KC for 3 days Jul 27 Flying through 1
Messiah Yeshua needs to be revealed to His Jewi... (Jun '14) Jul 27 Rebel Fighter 3
yes Jul 27 Rebel Fighter 2
Abandoned school by Base. (Jan '11) Jul 27 beenthere9876 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raymore Mortgages