Parents seek a change in outside cred...

Parents seek a change in outside credit policy

There are 5 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Jan 12, 2008, titled Parents seek a change in outside credit policy. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

“The problem is that she wanted us to accept those credits on top of the ones she already got, and that's against the district's policy.”

Kim and Richard Benthusen of Raymore want their daughter to graduate from the Raymore-Peculiar High School in May -- one year ahead of schedule.

But that will not happen if their daughter is enrolled in the district, so the Benthusens have pulled her out of the Raymore-Peculiar district and enrolled her in a high school online program at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Through the MU program, Kim Benthusen said, their daughter will graduate in May.

In quest of an early graduation, Marisa Benthusen, 17, had earned 23 online credit hours from Eastern Washington University, based in Cheney, Wash. That translates into 2.5 high school credits, enough for her to graduate. But the Raymore-Peculiar district will not sanction her request. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

Ray-Pec Parent

Lees Summit, MO

#1 Jan 16, 2008
Hooray to the Ray-Pec school board. Sometimes the parents get too wrapped up in their own self worth and push their kids into things that are not necessarily the best decisions.
plat

United States

#2 Jan 30, 2008
What makes you think that the school board has this girls best binterest at heart? She ob viously is excelling, the school just wants that extra ole might dollar from the goverment keeping her in school that extra year wheather she needs it or not. You are abviously apart of the board or administration or not real hip on what goes on in raymore schools.
another raypec parent

Kansas City, MO

#3 Feb 3, 2008
I'm with you raypec parent. The guidelines are there for a reason. No surprises. Ya got to enforce things otherewise ya lose control and the inmates run the asylum.
Bill

Fairmont, WV

#4 Feb 3, 2008
http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps...

Kyle is an liar! He says they are looking out for your child or children. Then why did they hire a GIRLS basketball coach who has been asked to resign from two other school districts for inappropriate relationships with female students. Talk about putting the fox in charge of the hen house. He says they do full investigations, but when I contacted them about the coach in question, they said since no charges were filed they didn't have a problem with hiring him. You be the judge.
Ray- Pec parent

Kansas City, MO

#5 Feb 6, 2008
I may not be "hip", so to speak but I know enough about how the school is funded to see through that comment about the "ole might(sp?)dollar". I stand by what I said. Way cool man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raymore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Zeke the Pinhead 20,176
News Maxim Crane Works fined $14,000 for violations ... (Sep '08) 20 hr IUOE 20
News Woman Jumps Off Chouteau Bridge (May '10) 23 hr Suicidal 5
The File Family Wed Myloujack 1
Is This What God Purposed? (Jul '09) Apr 26 mop it 45
Please help. looking for Noah Apr 22 Blonde girl 1
Gangstalking in Kansas City, MO (Oct '11) Apr 22 Pamk 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raymore Mortgages