Controversial Raymore Gun Ordinance S...

Controversial Raymore Gun Ordinance Set to Kick In

There are 5 comments on the Fox4KC story from Jun 24, 2010, titled Controversial Raymore Gun Ordinance Set to Kick In. In it, Fox4KC reports that:

A controversial gun ordinance is set to take effect in Raymore starting on Monday, but there is a challenge to the ordinance brewing as a petition drive could put the proposal before the voters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

Otter

United States

#1 Jun 25, 2010
Why don't they trust their own citizens?
Raymore Citizen

Florence, AL

#2 Jun 26, 2010
What the mayor doesn't say is that Cass County and more than a few other municipalities such as Lees Summit already have the very same ordinances. None of them have been ajudged against the second amendment. No great harm has come to their citizenry. The petition drive is driven by two disgruntled ex council members, one of whom was defeated in open election due to her very stand on this ordinance. They just want to control other peoples lives.
Raymore mom

Raymore, MO

#3 Jun 27, 2010
Where do we go to sign that petition?

Since: Jan 10

Lenexa, KS

#4 Jun 29, 2010
I think they will find that the proposed ordinace will violate state law. The concealed carry law is written in such a way that cities cannot enact an ordinance that is more restrictive than the state law in regards to where firearms can be carried. If state law allows firearms to be carried in city hall, then the city cannot pass an ordinance banning them from city hall. Since the language of the proposed ordinance is not posted, this is all hypothetical.
Raymore Citizen 2

Independence, MO

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Sorry Otter, I left your question off my previous post. Yes I would say that the Council does not turst us, because they have given themselves and the mayor the right to carry during council meetings while our constitutional rights are violated every time the council gets together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raymore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 min Dudley 21,277
I control snow fall in Kansas city 13 hr weasle 1
$20 TV service with 500 channels. 3 day trial! Dec 6 Kelly 9
Dawn Higgins-stern Dec 6 Anon 2
Jeanie barkley-hendrix Dec 6 Guest 1
Gangstalking in Kansas City, MO (Oct '11) Dec 5 Uncle Tom 42
a d d e r a l l , t a r, b l a c k, w e e d, c... Dec 3 Lol 2

Raymore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raymore Mortgages