Jury convicts second Morrow brother i...

Jury convicts second Morrow brother in 2007 Sheldon Haynes murder

There are 22 comments on the The Cass County Democrat Missourian story from Oct 9, 2008, titled Jury convicts second Morrow brother in 2007 Sheldon Haynes murder. In it, The Cass County Democrat Missourian reports that:

Relief was evident on each of the faces of Sheldon Haynes' extended family and friends Friday.Moments after a Cass County jury found 35-year-old Wayland Morrow guilty of second-degree murder and armed criminal ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cass County Democrat Missourian.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Olivia Harris

Liberty, MO

#1 Oct 10, 2008
My heart goes out to the morrow family I know for a fact that wayland morrow did not commit this crime but was asked by him not to get involved, the decision the jury came up with was not the right decision but it was respected, I believe that if the jury and others knew Wayland Morrow the way I do the the decision would have been different, I also believe the juries had there minds made up and sence this is election year he did not have a chance....
one of 12

Lees Summit, MO

#2 Oct 18, 2008
I was on the jury. The evedince was solid that Wayland wasn't in bed like he said he was but instead he traveled to Raymore and was involved in an armed robbery resulting in the death of Sheldon Haynes. He should have stayed home that night and Sheldon would still be alive and his family would still be living the american dream.

"an election year" had nothing to do with it. Anyone coming to Cass county and murdering one of our neighbors will get the same outcome if the evedince leads to their conviction. Olivia I'm sorry you disagree with our verdict but I doubt that any of the jurors have any second thoughts about the decision we arrived at.
Justice Prevailed

Lees Summit, MO

#3 Oct 19, 2008
Olivia Harris of Kansas City, MO states “I know for a fact that wayland morrow did not commit this crime but was asked by him not to get involved". My response is a couple of questions and then a statement. First, if you know for a fact where Morrow was at the time of the crime, did you testify to his whereabouts as a witness? If not I am very curious as to why you didn't. Maybe in the hypothetical sense let’s say he wasn't at the scene of the Murder and he hypothetically didn't take part in this crime, do you by chance happen to "Know for a fact WHO did commit this crime"? Are you hypothetically Withholding evidence of the "Real Murderer's" involvement?
I am very pleased with the verdicts that have came out of this case, and wish to thank All 12 of the Jurors who served on these 2 Juries. The Police officers who investigated it so well that there could be a Guilty Verdict. Also the Whole Cass County Prosecutors Office for their tireless efforts and work. It is refreshing to know that common sense and the Preponderance of the Evidence still prevail in Cass County.
T Woods

Overland Park, KS

#4 Oct 23, 2008
Wayland Morrow and Robert Morrow is not guilty. The jurors and prosecutors say they know for a fact that waylond was there, but no evidence can point him in the car nor at the crime. The only reason y the jurors said guilty is because Robert Morrow name came up in the trial even though that wasn't fair. If they couldn't go together then names shouldn't have been called. Just because one was convicted don't mean the other is guilty. Not once did I hear them put the fact of them illegally searching the car. How the victims girlfriend changed her story on the stand, but all in all God knows and it will come out in the end.
Justice Prevailed

Kansas City, MO

#5 Oct 26, 2008
Too bad Capital Punishment wasn't an Option!!
one of 12

Lees Summit, MO

#6 Oct 26, 2008
30 years count one. 40 years count two. He'll serve a minimum of 34 years. Eligible for parole at 69. The judge can lengthen the sentence or run them one after another but she can't shorten them. We'll see what she does on 11-3 at 1:30pm.

I'm glad the Morrow family apologist weren't on the jury. It's apparent that facts aren't part of their thought process. I'm sure the Morrow brothers will appreciate their visits over their many years in prison. Too bad Sheldan's family will have to visit him at the cemetery.
Justice Prevailed

Kansas City, MO

#7 Oct 26, 2008
one of 12, thank you for your Distinguished Service and all 11 other jurors who gave to our community. You are just a few of the reasons why I chose to live in Cass County when I moved here instead of Jackson County. I wonder how long it will be before we see Je$$ie Jack$on at the footsteps of the Cass County Justice Center demanding a new trial?
one of 12

Lees Summit, MO

#8 Oct 27, 2008
Point of interest. There is an automatic appeal with these cases since "novel" evidence was allowed. The cell phone records that were used to show the location of the defendants cell phones has never been used in the state of Missouri so it automatically goes on appeal. I hope the judge ruled correctly and that the verdicts stand.
Jackson County

Overland Park, KS

#9 Oct 28, 2008
To Justice Prevailed! I think you are racist, the Jessie Jackson comment unnecessary and distasteful. This being an election year and the venue with people like you very much so had a big impact on the decision.
Justice Prevailed

Kansas City, MO

#10 Nov 2, 2008
Racist? No more so than the people who think that the convicted Morrow brothers were convicted based on race. My comments point was only to show that the Good Rev. Je$$ie is all about one thing, his advancement of his self at the cost of the very people he is fighting for.
one of 12

Lees Summit, MO

#11 Nov 4, 2008
the judge went with the sentence of the jury. 30 years on count 1. 40 years on count 2. Served concurently.
Justice Prevailed

Lees Summit, MO

#12 Nov 6, 2008
WoooHooo! Thank you for the update one of 12. May have to buy you a drink some day, lol.
one of 12

Lees Summit, MO

#13 Nov 6, 2008
it's been a sad event for all involved but at least it won't be repeated by these two. i'm moving on from this experience. last post.
the one and only

Overland Park, KS

#14 Dec 9, 2008
They both deserved worse. I lost a friend and a mentor.Someone I looked up too.,Over a watch, They were jealous hateful bastards. And got only a fraction of what they deserve
one of 12

Lees Summit, MO

#15 Dec 10, 2008
It wasn't a watch. Get your facts straight. It was an armed robbery that turned into a murder. They both got stiff sentences. The judge went with the jury sentence so she must have been satisfied. They got what they deserved and will be old men before they ever get out. I'm sorry you lost a friend. We were very aware of the people who lost out when Sheldan was murdered and we gave the appropriate sentence.
i kno

Garden City, MO

#16 Dec 29, 2008
they are guilty they deserve wat they got.. i knew the victim.. and how it happen so

all because of his jewerly wow their cool now their behind bars busy bein cool
christyle

Houston, TX

#18 Dec 22, 2010
this is my family you are talking about and the bottom line is he can't never see his family or kids again now you do that hard time..6 foot under....i now robert and waylan and its sad but you now what breaks my heart? to now a good man like my cuss sheldon haynes had to lay down over nothing....so if you can bring sheldon back to to his family and kids that miss him so much ..then go for an appeal but 60yrs now you will beable to see your kids and family again .but for sheldon haynes..60yrs from now he still will be doing hard time...under ground...let it rest..so my family can rest....we are very upset about your loss he was a great person and leader.....replace that...you cant..not even in 60yrs....
one of 12

Lees Summit, MO

#19 Apr 7, 2011
Looks like wayland lost his appeal. Sad for all involved for sure. Rest in peace Sheldon.
my loves

Columbia, MO

#20 Jul 25, 2011
imma say this and its not goin to be a long story. these boys are not guilty and until they get some real evidence cant no one say they did it. yeah i think alot of it was framed and a setup but hey thats life, only god can correct it and hopefully soon.......
Delilah Haynes

United States

#21 Dec 28, 2011
Non of the less, my brother Sheldon Haynes will rest in peace!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raymore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Hipocrit 20,505
James (Jamie) Wallace Thu Sweettart12 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch Aug 25 Glenda of the east 1
a person whos ,,,,, blood,,,,,, money was stole... (Jan '15) Aug 20 AskForHelp 17
where can I score some h (Jan '16) Aug 20 AskForHelp 19
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! (Nov '15) Aug 16 Raymond 7
Missing Links MC (Oct '10) Aug 16 edo roth 223

Raymore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raymore Mortgages