Raymore City Hall Gearing Up for Fight Over Gun Ordinance

Full story: Fox4KC 6
The Raymore City Council voted this week to allow council members to carry a concealed weapon at their meetings, and increase the concealed carry permit rights for everyone in town. Full Story
stealth

United States

#1 Dec 17, 2009
Dutch Becker is correct. It appears that every law abiding citizen needs self protection in today's world. Notice all of the murders that are happening on a daily basis.
Dr J

United States

#2 Dec 17, 2009
for one to have a ccw they have to go through several steps to acquire it. finger print, background check, fire armm qualification, class room certification.
just look around at all that is going on in crime, every law abidng citzen needs self protection

“Tu ne cede malis”

Since: Dec 06

Lots of different places

#3 Dec 17, 2009
They aren't going far enough.
Why not push for 'Vermont carry?'
Alaska has already done so ...
Wiz

Westminster, CA

#4 Dec 18, 2009
The mayor is absolutely correct to veto this. If everyone is not allowed to carry, then no one should be. When they change it so all citizens can carry, then it should pass.
Steven Simmons

Raymore, MO

#5 Dec 28, 2009
I'm for this to pass.. HOWEVER I think that if council members are allowed to carry weapons (conceiled or open carry in Cass county) then why cant the citizens carry as well (conceiled or open)? Cass county seems to be the ONLY county around here that doesnt allow open carry. If passing this would get legal open carry closer to being legal in Cass county soon then I am for it. I feel its unfair for for council members to be allowed to have weapons, yet the citizens that aquire our CCW permit LEGALLY, jump through the "hoops" that cass county has in place for us to get our CCW, pay the fee's, and have NO criminal record NOT be allowed to carry our LEGALLY obtained weapons is not fair to us at all. I work in Jackson County, and can open carry most anywhere over there, but since I live in Cass County I cant open carry here, or cant even Conceil my firearm and carry it on my person in many places here.
nathan

Augusta, ME

#6 Dec 29, 2009
it's a little late to take the position that the government is not supposed to have special rights and priveleges over "regular folk". government is really the only entity left that has rights - buy whatever guns they want, get whatever health plan they want, can opt out of social security, etc. heck, serving representatives on the federal level can't even be arrested for most crimes while congress is in session...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raymore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... 38 min smh 6
The Son of God 4 hr Son of God 1
Hope you don't win world series 5 hr Royals suck 1
remove slanderous post from Topix NOW 10 hr Ronny 10
Sung Woo Lee will return for Game 1 of the Worl... 11 hr Paco Pinto 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr Cry Baby 19,374
help 19 hr jgreen83 1
Raymore Dating
Find my Match

Raymore Jobs

Raymore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Raymore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Raymore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]