Mo. police apologize for killing fami...

Mo. police apologize for killing family pet

There are 45 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Sep 11, 2009, titled Mo. police apologize for killing family pet. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Raymore police have apologized to a family whose 19-year-old cat was taken into a field by an officer and shot to death on Labor Day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
used to love york

Tappahannock, VA

#1 Sep 12, 2009
don't let your cats out to run free!!!
The Observer

Westminster, MD

#2 Sep 12, 2009
I agree, keep them confined or don't keep them!
No More Cats

Downingtown, PA

#3 Sep 12, 2009
Filthy, Smelly, Stinky, Cats -- All cats should be taken and shot, they serve no purpose to society, they just stink up homes with their urine and do-do smells from the litter box which most owners never change. I just hate cats. . .
cracka

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Sep 12, 2009
2 shots to the head? What the hell they carrying over there? BB guns?
peter

Mechanicsburg, PA

#5 Sep 12, 2009
No More Cats wrote:
Filthy, Smelly, Stinky, Cats -- All cats should be taken and shot, they serve no purpose to society, they just stink up homes with their urine and do-do smells from the litter box which most owners never change. I just hate cats...
Wow!
Your responce is so glaringly stupid.
First, MOST cat owners are responsible people. We DO keep our pets indoors, have them spayed or neutered, keep them up-to-date with shots, feed them healthfully, and clean their litter boxes often.
When people come into our home, they couldn't tell we have a cat. There is NO smell. Our daughter, who is allergic to cat dander, doesn't even sneeze when she visits.
Farmers will tell you differently, too, about your opinion about "no purpose"! They really do keep the mouse and rat population down.
I'm so sorry for you.
York

Shelbyville, IN

#7 Sep 12, 2009
Big bad cop---and you did not use your taser....yes, this is why people think cops are punks....
Hmmm

Landisburg, PA

#8 Sep 12, 2009
Wow, I am not a cat person, have never owned one as a pet. But I find this horrible. I for one no how fast a pet can get out of the house. I own a dog and he is quick. I am sure it wouldn't take a lot for someone to call him in...just hope it never ends this way.
The Observer

Westminster, MD

#9 Sep 12, 2009
York wrote:
Big bad cop---and you did not use your taser....yes, this is why people think cops are punks....
No azzhat, people like you and your mamma are the only ones that think cops are punks. grow up clown! Use a tazer on a cat?! Wow!
Sunseeker

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Sep 12, 2009
Sad story, unfortunate cirmcumstances, too bad the cat got out of the house- But he went out in a way that got noticed. Most cats die quietly or with a needle in the euthansia room. 19 years is a long life; hope they owners adopt another cat as there are so many that need homes.
smedley

Westminster, MD

#11 Sep 12, 2009
that's why we have so many flavors of ice cream ...some people could care less about any animal..there's no reason to kill any animal unless he's eating you.
marlin

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Sep 12, 2009
That cop is a coward.
Vicious wild cat? How did you get it
out to kill it like you did?
If that cop would have hurt my cat,
I would have hurt the stupid cop.

Since: Aug 09

Mooresville, NC

#13 Sep 12, 2009
smedley wrote:
that's why we have so many flavors of ice cream ...some people could care less about any animal..there's no reason to kill any animal unless he's eating you.
No reason to kill any animal unless he's eating you ????? I guess I will have to yell "OMG that hamburger is attacking me!" every time I eat one.
No More Cats

Downingtown, PA

#14 Sep 12, 2009
peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!
Your responce is so glaringly stupid.
First, MOST cat owners are responsible people. We DO keep our pets indoors, have them spayed or neutered, keep them up-to-date with shots, feed them healthfully, and clean their litter boxes often.
When people come into our home, they couldn't tell we have a cat. There is NO smell. Our daughter, who is allergic to cat dander, doesn't even sneeze when she visits.
Farmers will tell you differently, too, about your opinion about "no purpose"! They really do keep the mouse and rat population down.
I'm so sorry for you.
PETER Ė Thanks for feeling sorry for me, someone should, neither I or any another person should be subjected to the rotten, stench smell cats emit and cat owners allow in their homes due to untidy, unsanitary conditions.

You sir may be the exception but most cat owners are not and most have multiple cats, just not one in their residence.

Yes, I have been in homes whose residents have a cat, maybe even two where there is no smell but believe me that is a very rare occasion and when it does happen I am very thankful for the cat ownerís outstanding hygiene.

You see, unfortunately my employment involves dealing with people in the service trade and if you would see first hand the living conditions of how most people live with their cats you too would hate cats and be offended by their odors produced by them. The majority of cat owners do not keep after the cat boxes, some just leave the cat do its business where ever, which sometimes applies to dogs also but the offensive smells omitted by cats are unbearable just not to breath but the smell gets into your clothing and you have to relive the horror all day.

The unfortunate part is most of these people donít even smell the stench produced by cats because the odors are burned into their nose and they think it is a normal smell, believe me it is not, it is disgusting...

Bottom line, is it the cats fault, mostly not, itís the fault of their owners who allow these unsanitary conditions to exist BUT the cat takes the brunt of the blame because without the cats there would be no cat smell, just the smell of the filthy place where they live which normally is so much better that any smell produced by the cats by-product.

I hate cats, their smells and I hate how cats feel the need to always rub against you but there is always a size 12 to take care of that...

Lastly I hate why cat owners feel it is their god-giver right to let their cats roam the neighborhood, invade your property; nothing pisses me off more that some neighbors or a stray cat thinking it can use my vehicle as a resting place and leaving scratch marks on my vehicle. Dog owners are fined for letting their dogs run loose, cat owners get a free pass, Iíll never understand why.

The only GOOD CAT -- IS A DEAD CAT or maybe one being served in a Chinese Restaurant. The cop did society a favor...
marlin

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Sep 12, 2009
Sorry for you, NO MORE CATS, you so
clearly have mental issues.
huh

Lebanon, PA

#16 Sep 12, 2009
In what way does this have anything to do with York, PA? Must be a very sloooww news day.
portland

Houston, TX

#17 Sep 12, 2009
Hey, "no more cats",
I'm sitting here, smiling, contemplating the thought of you accidently getting out and there being a call in to the police that there is a feral idiot on the loose. Uh-Oh.
The Observer

Westminster, MD

#18 Sep 12, 2009
marlin wrote:
Sorry for you, NO MORE CATS, you so
clearly have mental issues.
YOU accuse someone of having mental health issues? Big tough guy gonna hurt the cop for killing the diseased cat! What a man behind the computer. I believe you have been told to stop posting your stupidity? Take the advice and go away. You add nothing to the forum.
marlin

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Sep 12, 2009
Dear The Observer, the cat wasn't
sick, maybe if you could read, you'd know that.
Also, this is a public forum, open to
anyone, even someone with mental
issues just like you.
Have nice day, chump.
just sick

Wayne, PA

#20 Sep 12, 2009
Just one more time a cop lets loose on someone PET. Seems like lately there getting the rocks off on this , But there getting bolder Beating EMT on a call. That was a good one. Maby next time it'll be YOU. IT"S PAST TIME TO FIRE THEM and LOCK THEM UP WHEN THEY GUN DOWN PETS.
Chaz S

Trenton, NJ

#21 Sep 12, 2009
The City of Raymore official Web Site describes the following police / municipal responsibilities that do not appear to have been followed. Nothing about shooting animals!!

Police Department Animal Control Duties

The Animal Control Division of the Raymore Police Department consists of one full-time Animal Control Officer (ACO) and one part-time ACO. Duties of the ACOs include: PICK-UP and STORAGE [my note - they use the word STORAGE] of LOOSE, STRAY, and DANGEROUS [my note - even dangerous ones] animals;
Enforcement of Raymore city ordinances regarding animals;
Maintenance of animals HOUSED at ANIMAL CONTROL FACILITIES;
Investigation of animal bite calls;
Investigation of animal abuse / neglect calls;
Adoption procedures of animals without homes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raymore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 22 hr Fitius T Bluster 21,382
McGovern Homes, Inc. (Jun '06) Jan 17 Jennifer O 10
Drug Dealing on Streets (Aug '13) Jan 12 Red816 96
about star102 online vradio station Jan 12 star102 1
News Two People Charged In Shooting Murder (Nov '09) Nov '17 Karma is a bitch 133
Review: J.D. Stewart Construction and Remodelin... (Aug '10) Nov '17 scammed 51
silver lake Nov '17 dale 2

Raymore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Raymore Mortgages