raymore schools
fedup

United States

#1 Sep 14, 2006
I am so tired of the district doing nothing to protect these children. Does anyone know how many times Raymore schools was on the news in the past couple of years for violance? The teachers and principals are not doing their jobs to protect these kids. Its all politics and I am fed up. as long as they get money for the schools the well being of the children doesn't matter.
mom

Wichita, KS

#2 Sep 15, 2006
fedup wrote:
I am so tired of the district doing nothing to protect these children. Does anyone know how many times Raymore schools was on the news in the past couple of years for violance? The teachers and principals are not doing their jobs to protect these kids. Its all politics and I am fed up. as long as they get money for the schools the well being of the children doesn't matter.
Why is it when there is violence in the schools it is somehow the schools problem to solve? My son has been at the other end of rude, obnoxious, bulling behaviors of peers. How did these individuals become so hateful? Because of parents in Raymore who are absent from their kids lives. I see it everyday.. parents just to busy with their own lives to take the time to even make sure their kids have had dinner. Parents are just as accountable for the violence in schools as the kids. What happened to holding kids accountable at home? No, parents get nasty with the school if the school holds their child accountable. It starts at home. The school is obligated by law to educate... and that means even the bullies. The school system is powerless to do much… Parents however can stand behind the school when their child is causing problems instead of sending the message to their child that anything goes. Raymore is full of over privileged, spoiled children whose parents are absent. Before you expect the school to do something first you might expect that the parents go back to teaching their kids- respect for others, respect for themselves, treat others as they would want to be treated and be involved with in their children’s lives. The buck stops here with mom…. And dad
fedup

United States

#3 Sep 17, 2006
I totally agree that it begins at home and with the parents being absent. We are not one of those families. Because my son is on the other end like yours. I just mean to say that when there is a bullying problem and the teachers see it, they turn the other cheek. And the schools now have enough power and money to make it stop. Have you read the rules and regulations of the district, they are obligated to every parent and student to make it stop and when they refuse they are just making the problem worse. Did you hear about the family in Leawood that sued the district for $250,000 because for years they were aware of a bullying problem but did nothing to stop it. They got sued because they didn't take it seriously. It is illegal to ignore such actions. So more parents have to stand up for their childrens rights to a safe and loving enviroment in which to learn.
mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it when there is violence in the schools it is somehow the schools problem to solve? My son has been at the other end of rude, obnoxious, bulling behaviors of peers. How did these individuals become so hateful? Because of parents in Raymore who are absent from their kids lives. I see it everyday.. parents just to busy with their own lives to take the time to even make sure their kids have had dinner. Parents are just as accountable for the violence in schools as the kids. What happened to holding kids accountable at home? No, parents get nasty with the school if the school holds their child accountable. It starts at home. The school is obligated by law to educate... and that means even the bullies. The school system is powerless to do much… Parents however can stand behind the school when their child is causing problems instead of sending the message to their child that anything goes. Raymore is full of over privileged, spoiled children whose parents are absent. Before you expect the school to do something first you might expect that the parents go back to teaching their kids- respect for others, respect for themselves, treat others as they would want to be treated and be involved with in their children’s lives. The buck stops here with mom…. And dad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raymore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing 1 hr Needtoknow 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr White man 21,535
Raintree Community Church 15 hr Bob 3
News Jury convicts second Morrow brother in 2007 She... (Oct '08) Wed Omnae Morrow 23
Who can help with some h in Olathe kansas (Dec '16) Apr 22 Boomer25 22
News Two People Charged In Shooting Murder (Nov '09) Nov '17 Karma is a bitch 133
Review: J.D. Stewart Construction and Remodelin... (Aug '10) Nov '17 scammed 51

Raymore Jobs

Personal Finance

Raymore Mortgages