First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Martin

Cheyenne, WY

#22 Apr 26, 2008
the nickname for Rawlins is "brown-eye" this is the same as a**hole of the world. The town started as a place for the wyoming territorial prison because of it's adverse weather conditions and the population consisted mainly of the mentally defective control freak types that work in a prison. After over a hundred years they have inbred into a degenerate zoo of inhuman scum. needless to say, that is why outsiders are not welcome, common decency is foreign to these people.
susan

Cheyenne, WY

#24 Apr 28, 2008
I cannot even begin to tell you how many happy marriages have been destroyed after the husband moved the family to Rawlins. THE TOWN REALLY IS HOSTILE TO OUTSIDERS, the poor wife and children suffer the most and there is nothing to do, you can't go outside most of the year and so idle time is the devil's playground. Ever hear of cabin fever?

george

Rawlins, WY

#25 May 5, 2008
I am looking forward to the day when I can move out of Rawlins, because of family and job constrants I have been stuck here, people may smile at you on the streets but if you get to know them they will go out of their way to make your life miserable. The city government and school power elite is full of nepotism and the law enforcement is over-zelous and petty. It's horrible living in a community so full of fear and distrust and forget about any sembalence of christianity. The bars flurish while the churches crumble.
SCARED TO MOVE HERE

Portland, OR

#26 May 6, 2008
Wow!! This place sounds really scary to move here. I dont really have a choice, my boyfriend is going to get a job in oil- that is if he finds one. Is this the town to go to or should we bite the bullet and move to more exspensive town like rock, springs? help!!!!!!
Dori

Rawlins, WY

#27 May 15, 2008
SCARED TO MOVE HERE wrote:
Wow!! This place sounds really scary to move here. I dont really have a choice, my boyfriend is going to get a job in oil- that is if he finds one. Is this the town to go to or should we bite the bullet and move to more exspensive town like rock, springs? help!!!!!!
You both are unemployed(looking for Oil Field Work, hah!) your going to "shack-up" with your boyfriend, and you think Rock Springs is more expensive than Rawlins,(cheaper rent,food,gas,shopping,etc.)By all means, welcome to my web said the spider to the fly.
SCARED TO MOVE HERE

Portland, OR

#29 May 19, 2008
So, is it hard to find places to live in rawlins? what about jobs? I dont want to work in the oil field- just my boyfriend. Where would you say is the best place (or town, city) to live to be nearest to oil fields? Which is cheaper to live.. Rock springs, or Rawlins?
Desi V

Spicer, MN

#31 Jun 16, 2008
I use to live in Rawlins for about eight years, though I love the people there I didn't care for the town. My husband was born and raised there and we wanted to move to find a better place to raise a family, but I would like to say that I think the cops in Rawlins are great, My uncle happens to be one and I have seen first hand at what they go through, like people letting the air out in their tires and calling their homes. I would also like to add that I have now lived in a different state now for 3 years and every time I go back to Rawlins which is about every other month to see family, I have never been pulled over by the police but I guess that is just because I wasn't doing anything wrong.
LS Rawlins

Buford, WY

#32 Jul 6, 2008
Nicole Weeks wrote:
I have been to Rawlins...sorry if I offend anyone, but Rawlins is like the trashiest place to live ever! Dirty, trailor parks and roads...just really nasty. You would think the residents would want it to be a tourist place being that it is in Wyoming...nope...just a bunch of ugly sites...if ya want to call 'em that.
Sorry to disappoint you my dear, but the only thing Rawlins residents (if you can call them that) care about is the oil and gas fields and the money they bring. This is a temporary community when the wells dry up, the town will dry up!
Keith

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Sep 29, 2008
I am sitting here reading all of this, and I'm amazed at what is being posted. Currently, I'm considering taking a nursing position there. I want to experience something completely different than I'm use to. Being a nurse in north philadelphia, I cannot imagine a worse situation involving drugs, alcohol, and violence. I hope these things are being overblown.

Any advice to me about Rawlins would be greatly appreciated.
War and Peace

Alma, KS

#34 Oct 2, 2008
Just visited your city with my fiance'. WOW!!! We fell in love with your city on sight. The police were very helpful in directions and other information. The hotel staff, gas station attendents and Chamber of Commerce ladies were extremely kind and welcomed us to the town. The wildlife,(four legged kind) was everywhere and a welcome sight. The town looks progressive with expansion and upgrades showing (road construction) this is always a welcome sight. I do understand some have problems with law enforcement, however; most are fine individuals who worked very hard and are dedicated to their profession and Code of Ethics. The crime statistics posted on city-data.com show a very low crime rate compared to other cities of this size. This can only mean someone is doing their job or as some of you say everyone is staying indoors. I do understand the wind and winter is harsh but look forward to being able to complain about it too. Thank you for your time and a very pleasant visit to your city.

“What came 1st? Stupid or bigot”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#35 Oct 9, 2008
Forget Rawlins... The majority of this state is one big shit hole. God made the mountains beautiful, but he truly forgot about the rest.
john

Rawlins, WY

#36 Oct 14, 2008
If your coming here to visit family or your willing to try employment here temporarilly you may think Rawlins is OK. But given enough time and you will find out what a disfunctional community this is. There are 26 police, a huge sheriff department and hundreds working in the local prison and jail, all in a very small town. The cops are over zelous in trying to justify their jobs and so they nit pick on the "out-siders" Those are the people not born in Rawlins. The resturants are filthy and the weather is horrible 8 months of the year. I'm stuck in this hell-hole and in 2 years I hope to leave for good. Repent and be rightous and maybe God won't send you to Rawlins.
Seth

Rawlins, WY

#37 Oct 20, 2008
Keith wrote:
I am sitting here reading all of this, and I'm amazed at what is being posted. Currently, I'm considering taking a nursing position there. I want to experience something completely different than I'm use to. Being a nurse in north philadelphia, I cannot imagine a worse situation involving drugs, alcohol, and violence. I hope these things are being overblown.
Any advice to me about Rawlins would be greatly appreciated.
The hopital is a good place to go to die, if you need any real medical attention I hope you can survive the flight. If you like to go to have an occational drink you will absolutly get a DUI and a felony. The cops will drag you out of your car and claim you were resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer. this is a fact of life in "brown-eye" (Rawlins).
LMA

Casper, WY

#38 Nov 10, 2008
Talk about a dream killer! I moved there in 2001 with hopes and dreams and within a year I knew I'd blew it. Problem was I had a good job and bought a beautiful house and slowly anchored myself. I watched everything explained in these posts and cannot disagree with much of anything except for those who have managed to fool themselves that Rawlins is a fine place to live. If you are stuck there make a life for yourself in CO but be warned if you travel there on the weekends in the winter you may not get back for a few days because the friggin interstate will be closed!
Confused

United States

#39 Nov 29, 2008
You've got that right about the Interstate being closed!!! Whatever happened to the Wyoming Highway Patrol??? They used to be true Patrolmen. Now we get patrolmen from places that don't have snow afterall it's a job. These guys think they can handle 1 accident only. Oh and let's close the roads so nobody else falls off. Things have changed drastically! People who can't drive in the snow shouldn't be on the road. And Patrolmen who can't handle the job shouldn't be in Wyoming!!!
get real

United States

#40 Dec 25, 2008
Well, I have lived here for quite some time now. I am not native to Wyoming. I firmly believe that there is no place on earth that is perfect. Yes, there are problems here and I will agree with you on that. I do know however that life is what you make it. You obviously have a lot of hostility in your life. Why else would you go all the way back to Texas and post a comment about Rawlins? That's just weird that you feel this way. Do you search out every other town postings to comment on how bad or well they scored on your rating system? Why Rawlins? Someone must have really p***ed you off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rawlins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denise King Martinex May 20 ANBLT1IG 1
Fighting Dfs for my children they wont give the... (Mar '12) Mar '16 nanstones 18
Who's the New Blonde in Rawlins Mar '16 JIMM619 4
County 6 Fire Still No Suspects? Dec '15 Tribunal Counsel ... 1
News "Project Prom" Helps Out High Schoolers (Mar '13) Sep '15 Sadan Humphlah 3
Is the road up to the Mile open? (Aug '15) Aug '15 Mark 1
Review: St Vincent De Paul (Dec '14) Mar '15 Sam123 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rawlins Mortgages