First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nicole Weeks

United States

#1 Mar 10, 2008
I have been to Rawlins...sorry if I offend anyone, but Rawlins is like the trashiest place to live ever! Dirty, trailor parks and roads...just really nasty. You would think the residents would want it to be a tourist place being that it is in Wyoming...nope...just a bunch of ugly sites...if ya want to call 'em that.
Traci

Portland, OR

#2 Mar 19, 2008
Keeps people who cannot spell out of town.
Janice Cossey

Florence, AL

#3 Mar 22, 2008
Ms. Weeks, I have lived in Rawlins and Texas, anyone from Texas should not judge anything or anybody from Wyoming!! Texas is hell on earth! When the Lord judges me I know I would have gone to heaven if I was sent to Rawlins and hell if I was sent to ANY part of Texas!!!Born in Alabama but my heart belongs to Wyoming.
Janet Cooper

United States

#4 Mar 22, 2008
THE trashiest place to live? Nasty? If you are referring to the large amount of trash along the roadways, blame the temporary residents and tourists passing through, not the true residents or townships. Anything in Wyoming that does not weigh more than 20 pounds or is not nailed down is apt to be carried on the wind to Nebraska. BUT...Rawlins is nice little town, and the people there are great. "Ugly sites"? Where else are you going to see deer strutting along the main streets through town? Find a bear in the city cemetery? Painted Antelope?, I could go on but won't. Why on earth would they want to make it a "tourist place"?
Janice Cossey

Florence, AL

#5 Mar 24, 2008
I love the city and people of Rawlins!!!!
just a little offended

Rock Springs, WY

#7 Apr 16, 2008
if the wind didn't blow the tourist's trash out of their cars maybe it would be so trashy eh?
Janice

Florence, AL

#8 Apr 17, 2008
Jason, it's not Rawlins thats trashy, it's people like you that think your better than God! The people are some of the best I have ever known and I have lived all over the US. There is nothing depressing about the beautiful small town of Rawlins, they have hard winters and short summers, and that is why it probably doesn't live upto your expectations. If you don't like OUR town, THEN GET OUT!!! I live in Alabama and would give anything to move back to what I feel in my heart is my home town!
scared to reveal

Rawlins, WY

#9 Apr 21, 2008
i've lived in rawlins for over a decade, this place is living hell, winter is like antartica and the wind blows dust the rest of the year. the locals hate "outsiders" the resturants are filthy, the cops are a bunch of gestapo's, and the business people gouge the tourists passing through and temporary workers. Empty houses all over town, but the rent is sky high. the high school has a 47% drop out rate, drugs, divorce, suicide is rampant. if i can warn just one decent person about moving here then i've done my good deed for the day. i'm not bitter i'm just honest
Janice

Florence, AL

#10 Apr 21, 2008
scared to reveal, I feel so sorry for you. I know you can not help being forced to live in a place you don't like, because like you I'm stuck in Alabama where the heat is so hot you feel awful, and I would give anything to live in Rawlins but like you said the rent is too high at this time. When I moved to Rawlins I was what you called an outsider but I was made to feel friendly and welcome, I have pictures in my room now of the friends I made while living there, to this day we are still friends and have been for years. Being retired from the police department in Florence, I can only tell you, there are no better people on earth than a policeman. You have no idea what they have to put up with everyday, while you are running from danger that officer is running to it! So the next time you see an officer, thank him, you may need him. Who do you think works all those drugs and suicides you clam goes on? You should read about all the drugs and suicides in larger towns, plus rape, murders, etc. You sound like you need help, please consider seeking professional help.
outsider

Rawlins, WY

#11 Apr 23, 2008
janice, the ex-cop = scared to reveal is right, the cops cruise around looking for out of town license plates to write tickets, or just let them know they're not welcome. there must be 20 cops trying to justify their jobs in a town the size of mayberry.
stan

Rawlins, WY

#12 Apr 23, 2008
your right, the cops are gestapo's, but the business people aren't any better, just a bunch of crooks...we're all praying for a walmart to move in to shut them all down
nancy

Rawlins, WY

#13 Apr 23, 2008
i knew a janice who moved to alabama, good ridence !
Martha

Rawlins, WY

#14 Apr 23, 2008
Rawlins is a good place to live, if you love to stay indoors and not accociate with anyone. but if you peek out the window the cops are watching !
pamita

Rawlins, WY

#15 Apr 23, 2008
rawlins is like going to a dennys resturant, no body leaves home to go there, they just end up there. if you ever saw the movie idiocracy it has already happened here. only those people are smarter and have more than 4 teeth
Satan

Rawlins, WY

#16 Apr 23, 2008
I take exception to comparing Rawlins to hell, hell isn't that bad.
The Mayor of Rawlins

Rawlins, WY

#17 Apr 23, 2008
We have vastly improved Rawlins, we got Janice to move to Alabama
xyz

Rawlins, WY

#18 Apr 23, 2008
I wish that 33 year old woman who called the cops on the flds-polygamy community, would call Rawlins, gather up all the Rawlins kids and put them in foster homes. 4 generations of incestuous breeding is enough for this town.
inbred idiot

Rawlins, WY

#19 Apr 23, 2008
you peepole wif jobs an hi skool educashuns, stay out o rawluns an leave my wife alone
kris

Rawlins, WY

#20 Apr 25, 2008
the reason no one celebrates christmas in Rawlins is that we can't find 3 wisemen or a virgin
Darrell

Flippin, AR

#21 Apr 26, 2008
kris wrote:
the reason no one celebrates christmas in Rawlins is that we can't find 3 wisemen or a virgin
speak for yerself

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rawlins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Paying respect and fentanyl Fri three blocks 1
Fighting Dfs for my children they wont give the... (Mar '12) Sep 22 Riddlebug 23
News 4 environment Power lines to connect Wyoming wi... Sep '17 Solarman 1
Rawlins Police Department (Jul '10) Aug '17 stay away joe 2
You can't hide. (Jan '13) Mar '17 Hi There 3
Female Oilfield Roustabout (Feb '17) Feb '17 TMM 90 1
Denise King Martinex (May '16) May '16 ANBLT1IG 1

Rawlins Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rawlins Mortgages