Raven

Point Pleasant, WV

#1 Aug 12, 2012
I have read a few of the posting on here. It seems that the Union is greedy. The company isn't? The Union is made up of "Blue Collar" workers. I don't see to many millionaire's in that bunch.
Everyone is believing the great Constellium. They wouldn't be lying to the workers or the public....no not them. They don't have people sitting around all day putting crap on here. No not them. They would not be trying to split the workers. No they wouldn't think of that. When the Union had the vote, it was a run away no vote and they also voted to strike. Union stand up and be men and fight if you don't the company has already said that when this contract is up you WILL LOSE ALL BENEFITS. That means is 5 years you have no insurance, pension, or vacation. If you belive the company over the union then I hope you do lose everything!
psycho

Pomeroy, OH

#2 Aug 12, 2012
Raven wrote:
I have read a few of the posting on here. It seems that the Union is greedy. The company isn't? The Union is made up of "Blue Collar" workers. I don't see to many millionaire's in that bunch.
Everyone is believing the great Constellium. They wouldn't be lying to the workers or the public....no not them. They don't have people sitting around all day putting crap on here. No not them. They would not be trying to split the workers. No they wouldn't think of that. When the Union had the vote, it was a run away no vote and they also voted to strike. Union stand up and be men and fight if you don't the company has already said that when this contract is up you WILL LOSE ALL BENEFITS. That means is 5 years you have no insurance, pension, or vacation. If you belive the company over the union then I hope you do lose everything!
maybe you should stick with te kit kat you freaken moron
Raven

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 Aug 12, 2012
psycho wrote:
<quoted text>maybe you should stick with te kit kat you freaken moron
Was it something I said? The truth perhaps...
Sickening

Daniels, WV

#4 Aug 12, 2012
What makes me sick are the former scabs are now sitting on the picket line acting all big and bad. I guess they are the type that will do any thing to benefit themselves!
Julie

Glasgow, WV

#5 Aug 12, 2012
Sickening wrote:
What makes me sick are the former scabs are now sitting on the picket line acting all big and bad. I guess they are the type that will do any thing to benefit themselves!
been thinking about that since the beginning. Wonder how many scabs from 1992 are out there picketing and what they're thinking and how are they feeling about what's ready to happen?
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#6 Aug 12, 2012
lol...scabs calling scabs...scabs

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#7 Aug 12, 2012
Guru you are right and that was Hilarius!
fed up

Uneeda, WV

#8 Aug 12, 2012
The unions have just about ruined this state. Why would any company come here and have to worry about employees who only care about their own wants. You people are lucky you have a job. I read the contract and it makes you all look stupid. Just about anywhere you work, you have to pay part of your insurance and most people don't get insurance after they retire unless the retired employee pays for it. You picked a good time to be selfish. If they are smart they will just move the plant elsewhere.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 12, 2012
fed up wrote:
The unions have just about ruined this state. Why would any company come here and have to worry about employees who only care about their own wants. You people are lucky you have a job. I read the contract and it makes you all look stupid. Just about anywhere you work, you have to pay part of your insurance and most people don't get insurance after they retire unless the retired employee pays for it. You picked a good time to be selfish. If they are smart they will just move the plant elsewhere.
The unions have killed this state and this country. With Obama and his bit&ch boys(union leaders) killing coal there won't be a job left here.
bacon hater

United States

#10 Aug 12, 2012
I wouldn't work there for any salary, ever. Votes cast by illiterates will never control my earnings potential. But as the saying goes - it will get wors before it gets better. After the constlelliun shutdown and after 5668 is dissolved, the healing can begin. Ravenswood will revert to a ghoslty version of itself, but there will be a clean slate. With these generations of strikers either retired, relocated or unemployable, companies will give us a fresh look as a workforce. Maybe then a truly beneficial employer will locate here. But never before then.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 12, 2012
bacon hater wrote:
I wouldn't work there for any salary, ever. Votes cast by illiterates will never control my earnings potential. But as the saying goes - it will get wors before it gets better. After the constlelliun shutdown and after 5668 is dissolved, the healing can begin. Ravenswood will revert to a ghoslty version of itself, but there will be a clean slate. With these generations of strikers either retired, relocated or unemployable, companies will give us a fresh look as a workforce. Maybe then a truly beneficial employer will locate here. But never before then.
Bacon I am afraid it WV has such a bad name in the world of industry it will be years before any Fortune 500 company considers WV as a place to relocate or build. Sad but true.
Julie

Glasgow, WV

#12 Aug 12, 2012
scrutinizer wrote:
<quoted text>Bacon I am afraid it WV has such a bad name in the world of industry it will be years before any Fortune 500 company considers WV as a place to relocate or build. Sad but true.
West Virginia has the most anti-business climate in the nation. Because people would rather be on welfare than work and also the lawsuit rate is to high. Plus our Government tries to tax the hell out of potential employers. They are trying to change it but it's too little too late.
craziness

Westland, MI

#13 Aug 12, 2012
Julie wrote:
<quoted text>
West Virginia has the most anti-business climate in the nation. Because people would rather be on welfare than work and also the lawsuit rate is to high. Plus our Government tries to tax the hell out of potential employers. They are trying to change it but it's too little too late.
It's one of the main reasons we lost the Shell plant to Pennsylvania. USW works their plants too. Think they want to deal with this crap? Absolutely not.

Location hidden

#14 Aug 12, 2012
In an economy with 8.2% unemplolyment (really about 15% if you do the math)The local 5668 goes on strike. What they are really telling the world is they don't want their jobs. How can the Union Leaders justify a strike now? With so many others wanting and needing jobs, with so many cities in bankruptcy and many state soon to follow what does the USW5668 hope to accomplish? Shutting down the plant? Destroying Jackson county's economy? I don't see any good coming out of this strike. Please workers of the 5668 please demand a vote and go back to work before it is to late.
1 post removed
Raven

Point Pleasant, WV

#16 Aug 13, 2012
fed up wrote:
You did not read everything you read what the company wanted you to read. In this contract is alot of so call "fine print" and that's where the problem is. If you want the real contract go to the hall they will be glad to go over eveything with you. I did and got all the answers I needed. I don't believe anything the company puts out or that is printed on here and the newpaper. Big Companies pay big buck to so called company spokes people who don't work for them to tell half truths and lies. They give classes on how to lie. But you are right the Union in greedy and the managers need a few more million dollar bonus. Gotta pay for that vacation home some how! Poor, Poor Leon Black it must be tuff being a billionaire now a days!
Raven

Point Pleasant, WV

#17 Aug 13, 2012
bacon hater wrote:
You think just because you went to collage you are so much better. But you sure talk like an idiot. Worse not wors...guess we all can't be perfect like you. Oh how many times you been in jail?
Raven

Point Pleasant, WV

#18 Aug 13, 2012
bacon hater wrote:
Bacon I will tell you what you tell every one else. If you don't like the fact that WV has Unions go live in another state. If you can't stand the President or the Mayor or Council and every thing else that makes you such a dick go live in China. You don't have to worry about Union's, Osha or the EPA! You might have a little trouble with cops.
3 posts removed
Ginax

Pikeville, KY

#22 Sep 11, 2012
Who do we appreciate!
:))
Max

Bronx, NY

#23 Nov 30, 2012
Hi

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenswood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adaline Elmore. 3 min The truth 9
Kasey Jo 4 hr wvu 6
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 hr Meherewv 1,338
Todd Burdette Sun Nobody special 48
Melissa Johnston Sat ashley montessarat 6
Bad flooding out Utah road Sat Unreal 13
reporter leaves council meeting (Apr '11) Fri Mr Green Jeans 62
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ravenswood Mortgages