anyone know of any Basset Hound breeders in our area?

Posted in the Ravenswood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mr hand

New York, NY

#1 Sep 3, 2012
I am currently looking to buy a Basset hound puppy. Does anyone know where to start looking?
FYI

Chapmanville, WV

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Lester parsons in Evans has Bassett pups 3043726575
Bubbles

Bellevue, WA

#3 Sep 3, 2012
Hi im a bassett hound lover have owned one for 13 years til May of this year when he passed away from cancer :( they are really wonderful loving dogs and great with kids. Anyways im not sure if the guy i bought mine from still breeds them he but will find his number and call him and let u know.
mr hand

New York, NY

#4 Sep 7, 2012
Thanks for the info. I've always wanted one and have just started trying to find one. I'm also trying to find one for a reasonable price. I looked up price ranges online and it said $500 for a regular house pet and up to $800 for a show dog which I think is crazy. I really don't want to spend more than $200-$300 but I don't know if that's going to be possible. I'd just try to find one to adopt but I want a puppy to raise and train on my own...
mr hand

New York, NY

#5 Sep 7, 2012
Bubbles wrote:
Hi im a bassett hound lover have owned one for 13 years til May of this year when he passed away from cancer :( they are really wonderful loving dogs and great with kids. Anyways im not sure if the guy i bought mine from still breeds them he but will find his number and call him and let u know.
I'm sorry about your dog! It feels like loosing a family member when your attached to them. They really are mans best friend
Bubbles

Bellevue, WA

#6 Sep 7, 2012
Thanks mr hand. Yeah it was tough he was such a great dog and awesome with kids. The guy mine came from doesnt have any right now it will this fall before he has any ready. And as for the prices on internet that is puppy mills and definatly dont want a pup from a place like that. You wont pay that much around here for a bassett. $250 will get a good pup thats what i paid for mine. Well good luck with finding one i'll keep an eye out for ya.
fact

Parkersburg, WV

#7 Sep 7, 2012
mr hand wrote:
I am currently looking to buy a Basset hound puppy. Does anyone know where to start looking?
he may not be a puppy but... maybe psyco can breed it
information

Gallipolis, OH

#8 Sep 8, 2012
PSYCHO he will do any that walks on 2 or 4 for nothing....FREE

You will find you a new doggie. You will love him differently maybe, but it will steal your heart.
Bubbles

Bellevue, WA

#9 Sep 10, 2012
Mr Hand their are 2 4yr old male bassett hounds on craigslist im guessing their free it didnt say for sure. Didnt know if you would be interested or if you were just looking for a puppy but thought i would let you know.
mountaineer

Pikeville, KY

#10 Sep 11, 2012
They are the cutest dogs. Did you find one?
1 post removed
mr hand

Bronx, NY

#12 Sep 14, 2012
No I haven't found one yet but yea I'm looking for a puppy to raise myself. But thanks for looking. Let me know if you find any pups and thanks again
Bubbles

Bellevue, WA

#13 Sep 14, 2012
Hey Mr Hand was looking in the Traders Guide and there is some Bassett pups in it for sale. They are AKC registered for $350.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#14 Sep 14, 2012
puppy mill dogs are all registered. you better check with the better business bureau. AKC dogs are bread over and over again just for the paperwork. breeders will show you the top dogs and say their the parents meanwhile the mill is up in the woods somewhere. dont ever buy from a "breeder" untill you check out you tube videos of W.V. puppy mills, then go to the ASPCA website. do your research. youll get one with hip displacia or parvo. newspapers are full of dogs for sale by owners. they dont tell you their breeders. please do your homework, dont fall for the cute brown eyed puppy tricks where you think that dog has picked you instead of you picking it. dont give me crap about you know more than i, i volunteer at a pound. i see the results of breeders all the time. also check to see what the state laws there are concerning mills.
jerry w

Marietta, OH

#15 Sep 14, 2012
puppyfind.com you can search by state . I have found 2dogs there and both were from good homes and not puppy mills
well

Bellevue, WA

#16 Oct 11, 2012
Hey Mr Hand did you find a bassett pup yet?
1 post removed
Robin

Marysville, WA

#18 Nov 27, 2012
Hi there - just piggybacking here as I'm also looking for a basset pup and totally flummoxed as to how to find a good one. I'm in Seattle, WA. If anyone knows of a well bred pup, please let me know!
My email is: robinlemke @ yahoo.com
schnouzer

United States

#19 Nov 30, 2012
Get a schnouzer. They r better n every way
well

Bellevue, WA

#20 Dec 3, 2012
Bassetts are all around a great dog to have very loyal, are great with kids, and have way better desposition than a schnauzer. Thats one dog i would never own they arent good around kids, aggressive towards strangers anyways to make it short the breed sucks!!!
psycho

United States

#21 Dec 3, 2012
well wrote:
Bassetts are all around a great dog to have very loyal, are great with kids, and have way better desposition than a schnauzer. Thats one dog i would never own they arent good around kids, aggressive towards strangers anyways to make it short the breed sucks!!!
Well u have obviously never owned a schnauzer! So ill tell u about them. There desposition can be trained bc they are so smart! And even untrained they are better than and bassetts ever! Bassetts just droll everywhere and are messy! Schnauzers hardly shed so they r great house dogs!
Is u want a stupid mess outside dog to keep in a dog house get a bassett!
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

#22 Dec 3, 2012
if you want chewed up everything or holes dug everywhere in the yard get a schnauzer. get a dog that barks not yaps incessantly like schnauzers. how about a good ole fashioned german shepard. they are the smartest of the breeds. they love children and they put the fear of god into burglers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenswood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
good luck, WVU (Aug '12) 56 min Seriously 2,854
Fakebook 2 hr bacon hater 72
why do the ravenswood pd like to pull over ohio... (Jul '13) 8 hr Louda 38
Bacons lies, from the begining Sat ScarlettO 41
Ravenswood PD, no integrity Fri kwiturbitchin 16
How does convicted felon lead youth? Dec 17 obvious 22
Christmas Cantata/ Program Dec 14 Missy 1
Ravenswood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ravenswood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ravenswood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ravenswood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:00AM
NFL Power Rankings Week 17: Predicting Post-Monday Night Football Standings
NBC Sports 9:09 AM
Antonio Brown is two catches away from the second-most ever
NBC Sports10:10 AM
Why does Cincinnati shrink in the spotlight?
Bleacher Report11:15 AM
Dwayne Bowe Injury: Updates on Chiefs Star's Shoulder and Recovery
Yahoo! Sports11:40 AM
Steelers hardly satisfied with playoff spot