fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#62 Sep 9, 2012
LET US VOTE wrote:
<quoted text>
and so many salaried bosses have no clue their salaried underlings are doing the least they can get by with!
How many take vacation days over & beyond what they are entitled to? I know two that do!!
How many take six - eight smoke breaks leaving the plant in various vehicles daily? I know two that do!!
How many gossip on phone with men at plant all day? you get the picture!
Clueless mgmt. beyond belief!
So you know 2 out of almost 200 who take long smoke breaks?
The truth is in the numbers. They are more or less keeping up WITHOUT you. Go ahead and keep striking if you want. During the lockout, with replacement workers they did just fine for 2 yrs. It only stopped bc it was ruled a lockout. You guys are not locked out. The plant will keep producing without you. Salary has stepped up to the plate and proven themselves. What has the union proven about themselves?
wondering

Racine, OH

#63 Sep 9, 2012
fam on both sides wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! It sure does. They have proven themselves, as a whole, accountable AND reliable by working 12+hr days 7 days a week for 5 weeks now. And for less than 200 to be able to more or less keep up with the work of 850 I think says it all. AND they have managed to get all this done with integrity. You haven't seen any union members' wives & children jackrocked. No union guy had to have glass removed from his eye. They do all this IN SPITE of the union.
there real reliable? They have no choice but to work that. Half the equipments not running, so hows that doing the work of 700? Integrity? You mean by drinking beer, passing the women around, doing things unsafe? Tearing up equipment? Your funny though!!!
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#64 Sep 9, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
there real reliable? They have no choice but to work that. Half the equipments not running, so hows that doing the work of 700? Integrity? You mean by drinking beer, passing the women around, doing things unsafe? Tearing up equipment? Your funny though!!!
Did you run out of legitimate reasons to defend the union? Is that why you are reverting back to calling the female employees hoes? You are a morally vacant soul and not worth my time. Why don't you tell your mom or your wife how you defend the union.
Lym

Point Pleasant, WV

#65 Sep 9, 2012
fam on both sides wrote:
<quoted text>
So you know 2 out of almost 200 who take long smoke breaks?
The truth is in the numbers. They are more or less keeping up WITHOUT you. Go ahead and keep striking if you want. During the lockout, with replacement workers they did just fine for 2 yrs. It only stopped bc it was ruled a lockout. You guys are not locked out. The plant will keep producing without you. Salary has stepped up to the plate and proven themselves. What has the union proven about themselves?
Youhave family on both side right? So what you are saying is the one side of your family is great and the other side is pond scum. So where do you fit in, in this fine family.
Lym

Point Pleasant, WV

#66 Sep 9, 2012
fam on both sides wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! It sure does. They have proven themselves, as a whole, accountable AND reliable by working 12+hr days 7 days a week for 5 weeks now. And for less than 200 to be able to more or less keep up with the work of 850 I think says it all. AND they have managed to get all this done with integrity. You haven't seen any union members' wives & children jackrocked. No union guy had to have glass removed from his eye. They do all this IN SPITE of the union.
If all that you say is true. The plant is running like a well oiled machine. Every thing is getting done better than before. Then they don't need anyone else working inside that plant. Run it just like it is from now on. That way you can stop getting on here and trying to goad the workers to except this contact. We are not needed. Go to who ever is in your family on the union side and tell them face to face that you think they are worthless sh-t and go buddy up to you salary family member and suck up to them an maybe they will buy you a nice present with all that over time and bonus money. Smile and be happy. Go out side and enjoy your day.
babs

Wingina, VA

#67 Sep 9, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
this is an IDIOT grasping at straws!!!!!
Lym

Point Pleasant, WV

#68 Sep 9, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't work or refuse to come in they were told they would be fired. I have also talked to people on the inside. Yes I as a union have spoken face to face with some salary friend, yes I have salary friends.
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#69 Sep 9, 2012
Lym wrote:
<quoted text>Youhave family on both side right? So what you are saying is the one side of your family is great and the other side is pond scum. So where do you fit in, in this fine family.
My striking family disagrees with the strike and have from the beginning. I only think some of the union are pond scum, and those who are make it pretty obvious with their violent tactics, cursing, false accusations, theft, etc. If I were a female on the inside named in some of your "brothers" threads I would have a lawsuit slapped on them so fast they wouldn't have time to figure out how to spell lawsuit.

I started speaking out against the strike when the violence started. If the union would strike with integrity I wouldn't care whether you strikeor not. But a line has been crossed and I will speak out against the thug and bully tactics the union use when they aren't bright enough to come up with a legitimate argument.

You bully with your fists, threats and sexual harassment. We'll bully back with our brains.
Lym

Point Pleasant, WV

#70 Sep 9, 2012
fam on both sides wrote:
<quoted text>
My striking family disagrees with the strike and have from the beginning. I only think some of the union are pond scum, and those who are make it pretty obvious with their violent tactics, cursing, false accusations, theft, etc. If I were a female on the inside named in some of your "brothers" threads I would have a lawsuit slapped on them so fast they wouldn't have time to figure out how to spell lawsuit.
I started speaking out against the strike when the violence started. If the union would strike with integrity I wouldn't care whether you strikeor not. But a line has been crossed and I will speak out against the thug and bully tactics the union use when they aren't bright enough to come up with a legitimate argument.
You bully with your fists, threats and sexual harassment. We'll bully back with our brains.
Let me know when you start using your's. Sun is shinning clouds are blue go outside and have a nice day.
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#71 Sep 9, 2012
Lym wrote:
<quoted text>If all that you say is true. The plant is running like a well oiled machine. Every thing is getting done better than before. Then they don't need anyone else working inside that plant. Run it just like it is from now on. That way you can stop getting on here and trying to goad the workers to except this contact. We are not needed. Go to who ever is in your family on the union side and tell them face to face that you think they are worthless sh-t and go buddy up to you salary family member and suck up to them an maybe they will buy you a nice present with all that over time and bonus money. Smile and be happy. Go out side and enjoy your day.
I have a lot of respect for my striking famiky because he has stood up for what he believes with integrity. He does not support this strike and has not been treated well by some of his "brothers." There are a lot of them who disagree with you. That is their right. I don't think poorly of all of you. Just the criminals within your ranks, and those of you who defend the criminals. If you get on the internet and commit libel by accusing named women on the inside of sleeping around on the inside you are scum in my book. And ifyou defend criminal actions and if you defend scum, you are no better in my back.

Go ahead. IF you are allowed to vote, vote the contract down. You'll see what the inside workers can keep doing withoutyou. Call their bluff. Make them prove it.
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#72 Sep 9, 2012
*no better in my BOOK.
Lym

Point Pleasant, WV

#73 Sep 9, 2012
Lym wrote:
<quoted text>Let me know when you start using your's. Sun is shinning clouds are blue go outside and have a nice day.
That's what I plan on doing heading up to Pocahontas County to do a little camping and fishing. Perfect weather!
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#74 Sep 9, 2012
Lym wrote:
<quoted text>If they don't work or refuse to come in they were told they would be fired. I have also talked to people on the inside. Yes I as a union have spoken face to face with some salary friend, yes I have salary friends.
Yes they are required to show up and work. I never said they volunteered. They stepped up and are doing what it takes. All employees were also required to show up for their shift before this strike. And somehow a handful of salary are doing most of the work of all. I never said they are producing the same, I said almost. They will be producing MORE when the replacement workers come. Call their bluff. See how much longer they can do without you.
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#75 Sep 9, 2012
Lym wrote:
<quoted text>Let me know when you start using your's. Sun is shinning clouds are blue go outside and have a nice day.
Raining here. Thunderstorm in fact. If it's so nice where you are maybe you should enjoy it while it lasts :)
Conair

Clarksburg, WV

#76 Sep 9, 2012
Lym wrote:
<quoted text>Youhave family on both side right? So what you are saying is the one side of your family is great and the other side is pond scum. So where do you fit in, in this fine family.
She's the frog crap floating ontop of the pond!
Conair

Clarksburg, WV

#77 Sep 9, 2012
fam on both sides wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubtful! You'd still find something to bi+ch about. I feel sorry for you
wondering

Racine, OH

#78 Sep 9, 2012
babs wrote:
<quoted text> this is an IDIOT grasping at straws!!!!!
You must be another salary guru? How am I grasping for straws? Idiot? Are you and fams on one side related? Or the same person?
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#79 Sep 9, 2012
Conair wrote:
<quoted text>She's the frog crap floating ontop of the pond!
Hey, Grantsville maybe you should work on coming up with something to say besides name calling. If you put just a FRACTION of the effort that you put into coming up with different screen names and names to call me, you MIGHT have one real comment to add to the discussion. Maybe...possibly....probably not......oh heck.....
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#80 Sep 9, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be another salary guru? How am I grasping for straws? Idiot? Are you and fams on one side related? Or the same person?
Not related- that I know of...not the same person. Just 2 of many who disagree with you. Don't think so highly of your sexual harassment that anyone who disagrees with you must be the same person using multiple screen names.
Not yours

Martinsville, OH

#81 Sep 9, 2012
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
My only question is : Why do you care so much?- if the equipment is tore up, the company gets it fixed, no different than when hourlys do it. If you have to wait for repair when you go back to work, at least you will be getting paid.

Half the equipment may not be running constantly, but the equipment that is, is more than likely producing more. 200+ salary can not physically replace 700 workers, but they are the ones that can make the processes more efficient than the hourly. The salary employees are the technicians, supervisors, foremen and engineers....these are the people who come up with the processes and refine them at every manufacturing plant in the world. They are also the quality leaders who ensure practices are done safely and write the procedures that the labor force follows. They are the ones that make the changes when new equipment and material come into the building. Those are the strengths of the salaried employees in a plant. The laborers are support people, who keep things moving. You have very little say in how things move, but do report problems in order for the supervisors, foremen or engineers can tell you what to do. You each have your roles, but right now, salary employees are stepping in and performing any task they possibly can in order to keep producing.

About the beer drinking and hooking up...if they are not getting paid, they are able to do what they want within reason while they stay on property. Constellium can not tell them what to do when they aren't being paid or on call, even if they are on the property. They can restrict them to certain areas, though, but again, that is up to the company. These are adults and if people hook up, well, they are adults.

If you really want to know what is going on in the plant, there is a real simple solution, go back to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenswood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Structure Fire on Ashton Street 4 hr Kurt 3
ashworth 18 hr Curious 3
Sean brush 18 hr Deb 2
Cody anderson 19 hr SMDH 32
Elmore 20 hr null 4
jade williams Thu blacknight 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Alex Kissinger 3,992

Ravenswood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance