Point Pleasant, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Sept. 12th Salary call in sick day. You hold all the power tell them to come out of the "Ivory Tower". its your turn now!
From an insider

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Rumor of a Vote at the monthly meeting at the hall Tuesday 9/3/12.Contract or insurance
Grim Reaper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

This is nothing more than a Rumor

If it was a true fact everybody would have been at the Hill early today to vote and no one would b picketing and the Strike would b over

Keep the dream alive that your Granddaddy n Daddy fought for ... You deserve what your fighting for .... Stay Strong and show that Solidarity everyday.
Union Proud 2

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

From an insider wrote:
Rumor of a Vote at the monthly meeting at the hall Tuesday 9/3/12.Contract or insurance
That's a rumor :(
Grim Reaper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Tired wrote:
Sept. 12th Salary call in sick day. You hold all the power tell them to come out of the "Ivory Tower". its your turn now!
Yea go ahead and call off ... Do u really want to burn that bridge ?

Dont let the hand that feeds you ... BITE YOU
psycho

Ravenswood, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

nip nip nip. the owners just released a news report the plant is to be shuttered. hip hip horray
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Looks like the union is going to pay for the strikers' insurance. I wonder if this is the "emergency policy" or the cobra. I also wonder how they decide who needs the money they are passing out.

http://www.wowktv.com/story/19444935/striking...

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

psycho wrote:
nip nip nip. the owners just released a news report the plant is to be shuttered. hip hip horray

Where? Can you direct us to the post so we can see?
Part of it

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Not yours wrote:
<quoted text>
From WTAP:
UPDATE: 8/30/2012
Striking steel workers vote on a union emergency medical plan starting Friday through the weekend.
President of local 56-68, Nathan Hall tells WTAP News, the union is very busy delivering strike relief money to workers.
Starting Friday the leadership will meet with members about getting insurance through the international union.
Hall says the union has had no communication with Constellium since the union counter offered the company's last contract before the strike.
Hall says this is an unfair labor practice strike. It includes the worker's healthcare package, but it also involves a disagreement about what work the company wants to sub-contract.
Now, I dont know how much is true because the union president doesn't seem to be correct. I was just saying that a 'secret meeting last weekend is not fact until confirmed and while someone posted on Topix they have, there is info stating theat there hasn't been any meetings officially.
What strike pay? Have not got a dime
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

share wrote:
<quoted text>
Where? Can you direct us to the post so we can see?
psycho doesn't usually say anything of value, just some cursing, politically incorrect nonsense trying to stir stuff up. he is a troll, but i guess he got out of his parents basement this weekend for labor day fishing trip.
Not yours

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Judged:

Grim Reaper wrote:
This is nothing more than a Rumor
If it was a true fact everybody would have been at the Hill early today to vote and no one would b picketing and the Strike would b over
Keep the dream alive that your Granddaddy n Daddy fought for ... You deserve what your fighting for .... Stay Strong and show that Solidarity everyday.
The union can't have solidarity when it is treating it's own members differently by not providing strike pay to all. You all paid in, why shouldn't all benefit from it. If families need more than their portion, then the members need to agree on how to disperse it. Nor can they stay strong when the ties that bound them once before are breaking every time the leaders favor someone.

For all of the union members who are choosing not to cross the picket line, why? Why are you choosing to stay out when the union is doing to you what you say you are standing for. The company offered the same contract to cover each and every one of you, they didn't alter it because of your home life....As in,'your wife is working, therefore you do not qualify for the wage adjustments and you don't need the ratification bonus or medical coverage'. You walked out on strike against the company because you felt that you were just and the union are your 'brothers'. Well brother, they don't seem to think that you should all be treated the same, they are going to favor some, but that is ok, you really don't need it as much as little brother who is in way over his head with a $1600 mortgage -what size house is that anyway? It must be huge and he had to have the best, while you big brother did what you always have. You scrimped and saved and have a modest home that you can still afford for a while but the repairs can wait, can't they?
Many are saying union was formed to make sure laborers were all treated fairly, equal work for equal pay, and all that stuff, but it doesn't apply to your own members? I don't get it. I would suggest that those who aren't being treated equally, look into NLRB regulations and find out what standards the union has to maintain....you may be picketing them for unfair labor practices, not Constellium....
1 post removed
DAD

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Not yours wrote:
<quoted text>
The union can't have solidarity when it is treating it's own members differently by not providing strike pay to all. You all paid in, why shouldn't all benefit from it. If families need more than their portion, then the members need to agree on how to disperse it. Nor can they stay strong when the ties that bound them once before are breaking every time the leaders favor someone.
For all of the union members who are choosing not to cross the picket line, why? Why are you choosing to stay out when the union is doing to you what you say you are standing for. The company offered the same contract to cover each and every one of you, they didn't alter it because of your home life....As in,'your wife is working, therefore you do not qualify for the wage adjustments and you don't need the ratification bonus or medical coverage'. You walked out on strike against the company because you felt that you were just and the union are your 'brothers'. Well brother, they don't seem to think that you should all be treated the same, they are going to favor some, but that is ok, you really don't need it as much as little brother who is in way over his head with a $1600 mortgage -what size house is that anyway? It must be huge and he had to have the best, while you big brother did what you always have. You scrimped and saved and have a modest home that you can still afford for a while but the repairs can wait, can't they?
Many are saying union was formed to make sure laborers were all treated fairly, equal work for equal pay, and all that stuff, but it doesn't apply to your own members? I don't get it. I would suggest that those who aren't being treated equally, look into NLRB regulations and find out what standards the union has to maintain....you may be picketing them for unfair labor practices, not Constellium....
If they don't start dispersing some of the wealth, they're gonna get some more papers and I'm goin in
Not yours

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

Well, I got thinking after I posted.....here is what I am having trouble with when it comes to the union leadership and negotiating team, as well as the company.....
Since this thread is about facts....

1. Constellium, as well as any business, pays workers to work. Names don't matter as long as it is getting done. When 1 worker (or in this case 700 workers) strike, walk out, leave their work stations, whatever happens, the company still pays workers to work. Why is it up to the company to contact the union negotiators, the companies only concern is looking for people to pay to get a job done well and up to production standards?

2. The members of a union all contribute to their local and international unions through specific deductions each month.

3. Union members are paying their union reps, negotiators, etc, to represent the membership as a group.

4. In the case of the local union group, there is not a consensus that the leaders and negotiators are doing what is best for the group as a whole, as indicated by both sides going so far as to argue among themselves on the direction the negotiations have gone.

5. The union, who is representing YOU, is now deciding who gets strike funds and who doesn't. Where are the restrictions on dispersal of funds among the membership?

6. YOU have the power to do look into or do several things in order to get this resolved: a) contact International and find out how to bring the union members together to either continue negotiating, continue striking or make personal decisions to cross the line or not.
b) also find out from international the policies on negotiating for the membership and find out if yours were done according to policy.
c) contact the NLRB if you feel that the union is not treating the members equally or fairly
d) sign up to work the picket line for strike pay, or cross the line to go back to work
e) do nothing, let someone else decide which way your life is going to go, that is what you are doing by doing none of the above.

I am trying to be as fair as I can with my comments. Even if you don't realize it, you do currently have a say in whether you go back to work or not.....when it is taken out of your hands, as in the case of a mass lay off or replacement workers arriving, you don't want to make a decision you'll regret because either one of those options is not a short term decision. Unemployed workers, educated and not were all called the same thing, 99ers, for a reason. The job outlook in many areas is getting better, Ravenswood may not be one of those places.

Good luck to all!
Not yours

Athens, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2012

DAD wrote:
<quoted text>
If they don't start dispersing some of the wealth, they're gonna get some more papers and I'm goin in
I am sure the salaried workers would love help, just be prepared to roll up your sleeves and go to work :)

Good luck
Let US Vote

Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

Judged:

Let US Vote | 1 hr ago
One day longer my a__. We have had Governor Tomlin, Senator Manchin, and two federal negotiators help bring us back to the table. I am unwilling to be led like blind sheep to slaughter. Our commitee needs to treat us with respect, and let us not only see the offer, but LET US VOTE!!!!! It's our representatives that make us look like a bunch of Neanderthal hillbillies. I don't know about you, but I am not willing to let them keep deciding my future for me. Tell me to call my creditors and beg for time. Take them a list of documentation to prove I have no income in order to receive union help. Beg an already suffering community for cash and food. I'm not non union, I just want the ability to decide my own future with dignity. So PLEASE LET US VOTE.
Report this post
Instead of replying here, please make yourself heard. Send emails to international. We must in order for them to step in and let us decide our own future.
just curious

Parkersburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

does anyone REALLY know what the offer was this time? not that it really matters ... the good ole boys will probably still cut off their own noses to spite their faces!
Not yours

New Marshfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

We heard pretty much what Grim Reaper posted on another thread.
fitness-guru

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

according to wiki information ... the ballpark figure for unemployment is around 50% of your last take home paycheck. it does vary from state to state with michigan paying a wopping 60%.
Trainwreck

Hamilton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

just curious wrote:
does anyone REALLY know what the offer was this time? not that it really matters ... the good ole boys will probably still cut off their own noses to spite their faces!
I posted it earlier
Trainwreck

Hamilton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2012

just curious wrote:
Initial Wage Adjustment of upto $1.00/hr for senior grades
2013-2017 annual raises on that new level of 2%
$7,000 signing bonus - now off the table - that would basically have washed out the cost of insurnace contributions over the life of the contract
no contribution on healthcare costs in 2013 or 2014.
about $23/wk family insurance contribution in 2015-2017.

in a state with REAL unemployment (U-6) hovering around 15%, you will not get much sympathy for walking away from - For instance - a grade 16 job at over $19/hr no matter what your union tells you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of67
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Ravenswood Forum right now

Search the Ravenswood Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bundy Ranch Standoff 1 hr Iknowthetruth 33
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 1 hr Iknowthetruth 43,286
WV October 4th Gubernatorial Special Election: Who... (Sep '11) 7 hr tax 5,633
Retirees to picket Century Aluminum 8 hr bacon hater 98
"Christ died for our right to free speech" 11 hr Yes it is me 359
Bedford St 13 hr Louda 148
cops of ravenswood 22 hr Wrong 16
•••

Freeze Warning for Jackson County was issued at April 17 at 2:54AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Ravenswood Dating

more search filters