Comments
1 - 20 of 87 Comments Last updated Aug 7, 2012
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Union

New York, NY

#1 Aug 1, 2012
This is to all steelworkers. I don't blame you a bit not accepting the contract. Fight for your insurance you know once you lose it you will never get it back. But if you strike, do your thing make your jack rocks etc. but keep the stuff off public roads us people that aren't involved don't need the headaches. Keep it at the plant. You can read a lot of the negative comments about the steel workers the public hasn't forgot the trash they went through back in '90.
Scab

New York, NY

#2 Aug 1, 2012
They won't strike for long they can't get unemployment. There will be scabs by the thousands. The company knows this.
House for sale

New York, NY

#3 Aug 1, 2012
Strike boys I'll buy your home and flip it.
Quality

Point Pleasant, WV

#4 Aug 1, 2012
You cannot train enough people fast enough before they loose their business. People will buy elsewhere & walk away from Ravenswood products! Watch & see!!!

Boeing, Airbus & more can buy elsewhere! Kiss your millions invested goodbye!

NO one wants to buy metal made by scabs! It won't happen!
Vinnie Politan

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Aug 1, 2012
Half the people who work there now were scabs at one time. Business as usual. Surely they smart enough not to strike.
True

Barnesville, OH

#6 Aug 1, 2012
Good luck with that
Oscar

Hurricane, WV

#7 Aug 1, 2012
That plant is poison.
There are too many labor problems for it to ever open again. The weak business plan proposed to PSC shows that without government welfare to the plant and the union, the thing will fail.
Let it go.
Haha

New York, NY

#8 Aug 1, 2012
The plant ran for 2 years with scabs and didn't lose any business.
Scab for life

New York, NY

#9 Aug 1, 2012
["]The plant ran for 2 years with scabs and didn't lose any business.. We ran it so well they kept us don't forget that.
Disgusting

Washington, DC

#10 Aug 2, 2012
Scab for life wrote:
["]The plant ran for 2 years with scabs and didn't lose any business.. We ran it so well they kept us don't forget that.
You know what worse than a scab? Nothing. Absolutely nothing, so...

Be proud. Be loud. PICK - it.
WOW!!!

Lubbock, TX

#11 Aug 2, 2012
Per hourly employee:$23k net profit gain over a 5 year period,$7k bonus for voting in the contract, no insurance cost adjustment until 2015, and an adjusted pay percentage to 90/10 for insurance...yeah I would turn it down too-NOT!!! You people are pathetic. Throwing away one of the easiest, best paying jobs around because of foolish, false pride. Strike away fools, let me know how that soup line and assisted living works for ya.
Gene tracy

Charleston, WV

#12 Aug 2, 2012
Quality wrote:
You cannot train enough people fast enough before they loose their business. People will buy elsewhere & walk away from Ravenswood products! Watch & see!!!
Boeing, Airbus & more can buy elsewhere! Kiss your millions invested goodbye!
NO one wants to buy metal made by scabs! It won't happen!
put up a picket line. And see how many of us are willing to cross it. Your not brain surgeons. We can and will replace you
NO MORE UNION

La Porte, TX

#13 Aug 2, 2012
I truly hope after this go around, the 'SCABS'(people wanting to work and earning their place) will not join the union and the plant will run on a right to work basis. Ravenswood has never completely recovered from the strike in the 90's and I put all the blame on the Union.

Remember people it's all about how you react to the hand your are dealt. Make Ravenswood a place to be proud to live in and come from again.
Wrong numbers

Point Pleasant, WV

#14 Aug 2, 2012
[QUOTE who="WOW!!!"]Per hourly employee:$23k net profit gain over a 5 year period,$7k bonus for voting in the contract, no insurance cost adjustment until 2015, and an adjusted pay percentage to 90/10 for insurance...yeah I would turn it down too-NOT!!! You people are pathetic. Throwing away one of the easiest, best paying jobs around because of foolish, false pride. Strike away fools, let me know how that soup line and assisted living works for ya.[/QUOTE]

$4,000 signing bonus
$1,000 raise
$3,000 out of pocket for medical
$1,000 for medical premiums does not equal $23,000 net profit. Your numbers jive with Kyle's. Obviously both of you distort the truth!
WOW!!!

Lubbock, TX

#15 Aug 2, 2012
Wrong numbers wrote:
[QUOTE who="WOW!!!"]Per hourly employee:$23k net profit gain over a 5 year period,$7k bonus for voting in the contract, no insurance cost adjustment until 2015, and an adjusted pay percentage to 90/10 for insurance...yeah I would turn it down too-NOT!!! You people are pathetic. Throwing away one of the easiest, best paying jobs around because of foolish, false pride. Strike away fools, let me know how that soup line and assisted living works for ya. "

$4,000 signing bonus
$1,000 raise
$3,000 out of pocket for medical
$1,000 for medical premiums does not equal $23,000 net profit. Your numbers jive with Kyle's. Obviously both of you distort the truth!
Just read the newsletter this morning, straight from the plant gates. My numbers are copied from it. Doesn't get any clearer than that.
Wrong numbers

Point Pleasant, WV

#16 Aug 2, 2012
[QUOTE who="WOW!!!"]<quo ted text>
Just read the newsletter this morning, straight from the plant gates. My numbers are copied from it. Doesn't get any clearer than that.[/QUOTE]

Kyle Lorentzen said in the Charleston Gazette the Union was not being asked to give anything up! That is not true!
WOW!!!

Lubbock, TX

#17 Aug 2, 2012
Wrong numbers wrote:
Just read the newsletter this morning, straight from the plant gates. My numbers are copied from it. Doesn't get any clearer than that. "

Kyle Lorentzen said in the Charleston Gazette the Union was not being asked to give anything up! That is not true!
I am not talking about what Kyle Lorentzen said, or what any other news/media personality has reported prior to today. I am typing what I just read this morning in the Constellium news letter, simple as that.
Oh my

Chapmanville, WV

#18 Aug 2, 2012
[QUOTE who="WOW!!!"]Per hourly employee:$23k net profit gain over a 5 year period,$7k bonus for voting in the contract, no insurance cost adjustment until 2015, and an adjusted pay percentage to 90/10 for insurance...yeah I would turn it down too-NOT!!! You people are pathetic. Throwing away one of the easiest, best paying jobs around because of foolish, false pride. Strike away fools, let me know how that soup line and assisted living works for ya.[/QUOTE]

That is not what was voted on.
Truth Seekers

Point Pleasant, WV

#19 Aug 2, 2012
I am not talking about what Kyle Lorentzen said, or what any other news/media personality has reported prior to today. I am typing what I just read this morning in the Constellium news letter, simple as that.[/QUOTE]

There is and always will be Propaganda - get the facts! KNOW THE TRUTH
Oh my

Chapmanville, WV

#20 Aug 2, 2012
Just read the newsletter this morning, straight from the plant gates. My numbers are copied from it. Doesn't get any clearer than that.[/QUOTE]

Is there a link to this newsletter so I can read it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenswood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ravenswood football (Oct '13) 16 min runnin with the d... 84
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 19 min fitness-guru 57,215
good luck, WVU (Aug '12) 4 hr fitness-guru 1,588
Carp and Catfishing 5 hr Fisher 1
Laurel Commons Sun peekaboo 56
snow biz Sun duh 1
bed bugs Sat fitness-guru 3
•••
•••
•••

Ravenswood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••