babs

Marshall, VA

#21 Sep 15, 2012
not done yet!!! the next time you see this man getting a can out of your trash, know there is a reason why he is doing this!! why not take him out a cup of coffee and a bag of cans to help him along?? i wouldnt stick my hands in other peoples trash . he must need this pretty bad!!! i changed my mind..i would LOVE!!! to be your neighbor for awhile!!!!
truckers wife

Parkersburg, WV

#22 Sep 15, 2012
i put out 2 grocery bags full of cans for him when my trash ran this wk!!
John

Point Pleasant, WV

#23 Sep 15, 2012
ccitizens wrote:
what it boils down to is, this guy is being paid by the citizens of Ravenswood to go out and recycle cans from our trash for his own benefit.(personal gain). we the citizens of Ravenswood are paying him for picking up the trssh not getting cans for himself. if he is getting the cans put it in a fund for projects that would benefit the city of Ravenswood such as the parks, or something for our young people, but to benefit himself is uncalled for, why does his boss let him get away with this, that is something that could also be checked out. warm him to stop dong it and if he doesn't, give him time off without pay. also do the same to his boss for allowing such crap.
and dont tell me if you saw a stranger out front going through your trash can you wouldnt call the police,darn right you would. wake up citizen smell the coffee, the city isn't paying there employees wages that low that they got to go out and get trash to sell to make a living. this stuff makes the city look bad as well as its employee's.
I am happy for you citizen. It seems you are among the few people in this town with such a pleasant and stress-free life that you have nothing more important to worry about. Kudo's
ccitizen

Point Pleasant, WV

#24 Sep 16, 2012
babs wrote:
not done yet!!! the next time you see this man getting a can out of your trash, know there is a reason why he is doing this!! why not take him out a cup of coffee and a bag of cans to help him along?? i wouldnt stick my hands in other peoples trash . he must need this pretty bad!!! i changed my mind..i would LOVE!!! to be your neighbor for awhile!!!!
yes I hear this poor guy lives payday to payday, has his 2 boys and 3 girls and grand kids living with me, and his wife doesnt work, and they have a hard time making ends meet.NOT. he goes to the beach every year and has a truck and wife has a suv. and his wife does work. and they get welfare.
Someone

Point Pleasant, WV

#25 Sep 16, 2012
Truth is he does live payday to payday! He has 2 boys who live out on their own and he only has two girls not three! He has two grand daughters who live with their own parents! He has only been to the beach twice in his lifetime! His wife does work! She has an SUV THAT IS PAID OFF! they don't live a rich life! Wife's vehicle is sitting in front of their home with 2 flat tires due to the tire slasher! What more do u want to know about this person?
Someone

Point Pleasant, WV

#26 Sep 16, 2012
ccitizen wrote:
<quoted text>
yes I hear this poor guy lives payday to payday, has his 2 boys and 3 girls and grand kids living with me, and his wife doesnt work, and they have a hard time making ends meet.NOT. he goes to the beach every year and has a truck and wife has a suv. and his wife does work. and they get welfare.
They must be doing something wrong in life because they work! They don't depend on the welfare system like u do!
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#27 Sep 16, 2012
Oh, please. Garbage men have been going through your trash since the dawn of times. You CAN haul your own trash to the dump.

In a world full of hate, crime, addiction, oppression, poverty, genocide, war and human suffering, can't you find something important to cry about?

He's doing you a favor...recycling benefits everyone. If he were my garbage guy I'd bag it separately for him.
someone

Point Pleasant, WV

#28 Sep 16, 2012
can you please do that for me.
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#29 Sep 16, 2012
Recycling is part of our trash removal. When we signed up they brought us 2 bins, one for recycling and one for garbage.
toothless in Sandyville

Point Pleasant, WV

#30 Sep 16, 2012
babs wrote:
i cant let this go yet!!!! the stupidity around here is killing me!!! lets see..we now have 700 workers NOT working!!! this will take its toll on many families, the entire community,local business...we have hunderds of coal workers getting layed off which is also another strike on the communities and local business, we have the economy spiriling downhill like a snowball, we have the drought that will push our food prices out of reach, we have winter comming and higher electric costs than ever, we have a severe drug epidemic in our small towns and all this idiot can do is worry about a damn can??????????
The curse of the Bamster
babs

Marshall, VA

#31 Sep 16, 2012
ccitizen wrote:
<quoted text>
BS!!!!!!!
truckers wife

Parkersburg, WV

#32 Sep 16, 2012
someone wrote:
can you please do that for me.
i bagged my cans for him last wk :-)
stp

Point Pleasant, WV

#33 Sep 16, 2012
fam on both sides wrote:
Recycling is part of our trash removal. When we signed up they brought us 2 bins, one for recycling and one for garbage.
this town stopped recycle program about 5 years ago, it didn't even pay for itself so they had to stop, but I hear that Kelley guy on council wants to start it back up again.

Since: Apr 12

Parkersburg, WV

#34 Sep 16, 2012
Leave your cans in an open bin, then. Recycling is a good thing. Maybe it is putting food on that family's table or paying for shoes or an extracurricular activity for a child or something.
Howcome wrote:
I would like to know why there is city garbage man going through my trash I put out? I keep seeing the same man a tall skinny bushy bearded one going through my trash every week. It looks like he is getting pop and beer cans. I think this an invasion of my privacy. I see him going through the neighbors trash too. I through away more than cans and I don't want people digging through my trash.
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#35 Sep 17, 2012
stp wrote:
<quoted text>
this town stopped recycle program about 5 years ago, it didn't even pay for itself so they had to stop, but I hear that Kelley guy on council wants to start it back up again.
A town near the city I used to live in started a recycling program and charged residents $4 per month to use the program to make it affordable for the city.

At that time, I paid $16 per month to a recycling company to come pick up my recycling. That was seperate from trash, but was worth not needing to load it up myself to drop off. My family puts out more recycling than trash. Would be a good thing if they could get a program going in Ravenswood.
Flower Child

Washington, DC

#36 Sep 17, 2012
fam on both sides wrote:
<quoted text>
A town near the city I used to live in started a recycling program and charged residents $4 per month to use the program to make it affordable for the city.
At that time, I paid $16 per month to a recycling company to come pick up my recycling. That was seperate from trash, but was worth not needing to load it up myself to drop off. My family puts out more recycling than trash. Would be a good thing if they could get a program going in Ravenswood.
There is a program in Ravenswood, but you have to drive to the spot in front of (accross the street from) Riverfront Park and drop it off yourself. Care enough about the environment to do so please - at least until we do have a curbside program.

Also, take the caps OFF your soda, water and juice bottles and rinse your containers. Please.
Flower Child

Washington, DC

#37 Sep 17, 2012
(sp)across
psycho

Ravenswood, WV

#38 Sep 17, 2012
Flower Child wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a program in Ravenswood, but you have to drive to the spot in front of (accross the street from) Riverfront Park and drop it off yourself. Care enough about the environment to do so please - at least until we do have a curbside program.
Also, take the caps OFF your soda, water and juice bottles and rinse your containers. Please.
damm someone who cares about this town. two thumbs up.
fam on both sides

Harrisville, WV

#39 Sep 17, 2012
Flower Child wrote:
<quoted text>
Very good advice. Where I live, I do have curbside recycling service and we take full advantage of it.
Hector

Racine, OH

#40 Sep 17, 2012
fam on both sides wrote:
<quoted text>
Ravenswood it just a white trash hud town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenswood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freeze on spending 10 min Dirty H20-Dirtier... 13
Stormy miller 6 hr Truth 5
Greg Keffer 7 hr Livingthedream 1
who do the sheriffs think they are? 8 hr Egbert 10
maintance fall out of tree laurel commons.almos... 8 hr Really really 3
Anybody know Mike Keffer Mon Sunshine15 1
New Football Coach Mon dunnonuttin 20
More from around the web

Ravenswood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE