Teacher resignations in Bonham

Posted in the Ravenna Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
gene

Euless, TX

#1 Jul 21, 2013
Theatre teacher, science teacher, 2 elementary teachers have all resigned since last Thur board meeting. Thus according to source at BISD. What is going on?

Since: Jun 13

Arlington, TX

#2 Jul 21, 2013
Anyone know the total count of terminations and resignations to date. Does any one know how many of these positions have been replaced with coaches?
gene

Euless, TX

#3 Jul 21, 2013
12 new coaches
Resident

Sherman, TX

#4 Jul 21, 2013
All you are going to get is brand new people into teaching on entry level pay and those that can't find a job anywhere else. Look at how many are leaving and finding jobs at other nearby disricts and getting paid more.

Since: Jun 13

Arlington, TX

#5 Jul 21, 2013
Resident wrote:
All you are going to get is brand new people into teaching on entry level pay and those that can't find a job anywhere else. Look at how many are leaving and finding jobs at other nearby disricts and getting paid more.
. Contract on new hires probably have a clause that states (hands tied, mouth taped shut and no threat)
Bonham

Sherman, TX

#6 Jul 21, 2013
Got a new gym, that is what counts.
Happy

Bonham, TX

#7 Jul 21, 2013
Now if we can get a few more of the overpaid to leave , maybe just maybe we can get a football field with turf.
Resident

Euless, TX

#8 Jul 21, 2013
And maybe dump a bunch more money into one of those charter buses while we are at it.
Michael Wiliams

Sulphur Springs, TX

#9 Jul 21, 2013
Happy wrote:
Now if we can get a few more of the overpaid to leave , maybe just maybe we can get a football field with turf.
Why turf? Need a lot more in the district besides turf, like coaches and a responsible AD.
Really

Telephone, TX

#10 Jul 22, 2013
Happy wrote:
Who is over paid? Teachers/coaches/aids?
Older and Wiser

Telephone, TX

#11 Jul 22, 2013
gene wrote:
Theatre teacher, science teacher, 2 elementary teachers have all resigned since last Thur board meeting. Thus according to source at BISD. What is going on?
Who were they?
Hot Flash

Wills Point, TX

#12 Jul 22, 2013
Older and Wiser wrote:
<quoted text>
Who were they?
Who are they exactly? The summary of school board minutes aren't posted on northtexas enews yet. If you went to the meeting, give us the scoop. Who else resigned?
InTheKnow

Irving, TX

#13 Jul 24, 2013
Maybe someone should compile a list of all firings, reassignments, forced retirements, actual retirements, and staff who left for better jobs. I'm one of them, and I have moved to a 5A school, and I'm stoked about escaping the mad hatter.
Bonham Parent

Sherman, TX

#14 Jul 24, 2013
InTheKnow wrote:
Maybe someone should compile a list of all firings, reassignments, forced retirements, actual retirements, and staff who left for better jobs. I'm one of them, and I have moved to a 5A school, and I'm stoked about escaping the mad hatter.
Sounds as though he did you a favor. So what is your complaint.
InTheKnow

Irving, TX

#15 Jul 24, 2013
Bonham Parent wrote:
<quoted text> Sounds as though he did you a favor. So what is your complaint.
No complaining. Just stating a fact. With the hiring of all of the supposed "low salary" employees, remember this: Watch the money, and how it is spent. It's your money, just watch that it is not spent on non-academic, non-essentials.
Happy

Bonham, TX

#16 Jul 24, 2013
The teachers all of them. All they want is more money , then get a second job. And make them leave there phones off. Tour a school those teachers sit around facebooking and on topix. Your are paid to teach not use your phone. Now shut up and start teaching.
Michael Williams

Park Hill, OK

#17 Jul 24, 2013
InTheKnow wrote:
And why were you let go?
Resident

Sherman, TX

#18 Jul 24, 2013
Where did they say they were let go? He/she could have been one of the staff that left for a better job. You just look to stir stuff up and grip and be bitter. You and Susie do that with each other, the rest of us choose to have healthier, happier outlooks and be supportive of the kids and schools.
Baffaloed

Denison, TX

#19 Jul 24, 2013
Happy Trooper wrote:
Anyone know the total count of terminations and resignations to date. Does any one know how many of these positions have been replaced with coaches?
Does anyone know if or who has been hired in any of these empty jobs? It seems like there are a lot of jobs that have opened up according to folks on here! Especially at I.W.Evans. I think? I am totally confused about who is at what school doing which job now!? Anybody have any idea who has filled what vacancies?
RRegan

United States

#20 Jul 24, 2013
Happy wrote:
The teachers all of them. All they want is more money , then get a second job. And make them leave there phones off. Tour a school those teachers sit around facebooking and on topix. Your are paid to teach not use your phone. Now shut up and start teaching.
Many, many, too many are on their phones when they should be teaching. My grandson was in the fifth grade and he said that his teacher, another teacher and an aide talked lots of times throughout the day when teaching should have been occurring. The conversations usually started when one of them would share a Facebook or Topix discussion with the other. It's my understanding that these sites are blocked on BISD computers but it doesn't do any good when the teachers and principals are walking around with their faces stuck in their personal phone. My grandson will be going to a different district this year where personal phone use time is limited to break time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 5 hr Fart 629
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 9 hr Farter 785
Jennifer Harris Thu Jethro Kreskin 57
Review: Calvary Baptist Church Thu Bell Z Bob 18
New Calvinist Church Apr 15 Pope Tito 41
Bonham Slumlord (Dec '11) Apr 14 455 Trans Am 36
justice 4 jennifer (Jun '09) Apr 13 Gordon Marsalis 341
More from around the web

Ravenna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]