Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Pops

Miamisburg, OH

#33072 Aug 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You were screeching at someone else, not me, you buffoon.
Not really. YOU brought up the 'name' portion. I may have misunderstood that intent of your post & if so, go ahead & explain. I'm listening.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33073 Aug 21, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Costco is filled with chinese crap just like Sam's club / Walmart. For example.both carry stools knives and flashlights throughout the year that carry the Snapon name under license of.course. These products in both places are made.in china.
You left.out environmental regulations as reasons to manufacture outside of the United States.
If they are overpaying their employees and making great money, something tells me they are not the cheapest. More than likely they would not be able to compete with Sam's Club or other discount stores if near by.

I shop at Sam's Club because it's one of the few stores like that around my area. I don't recall seeing any Costco's around but can't say if they are here or not.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#33074 Aug 21, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. YOU brought up the 'name' portion. I may have misunderstood that intent of your post & if so, go ahead & explain. I'm listening.
Huh?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#33075 Aug 21, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are overpaying their employees and making great money, something tells me they are not the cheapest. More than likely they would not be able to compete with Sam's Club or other discount stores if near by.
I shop at Sam's Club because it's one of the few stores like that around my area. I don't recall seeing any Costco's around but can't say if they are here or not.
You probably are not aware of this, but there are other ways for corporations to make profit without treating their lowest level employees like indentured servants.
Pops

Miamisburg, OH

#33076 Aug 21, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>That is true too enviromental regulations were another reason to manufacture outside the United States which LIberal Republican Richard Nixion takes responsibility for that.
Nixon may have started it from your perspective but it actually started B4 that. It would seem that In an effort to restore Japan to stability after WWII, the U.S. started buying tons & tons of their products under the supervision of Gen McArther.(sp)
Those items were denigrated at that time also, just like China;s quality is today or lack there-of is belittled today.
A difference being that Japan improved quality & found a great niche in electronics that we & the world grabbed up. And they became an important democratic ally that is an economic Asian leader.
I don't see China doing either of the last two, not in the foreseeable future anyway.
They still prop up Mr Kim, don't they? A world class despot & human rights abuser. China is trying to expand their geographical power aren't they? That is not a Nixon claim .
I do agree with your other claims about enviromental claims tho.
Jerry K

Newark, OH

#33077 Aug 21, 2014
Good news for Americans, bad news for tree huggers on the left. With Mexico ending their state run control of oil and gas production North America should soon have more output than OPEC. Prosperity for all those involved.

http://bakken.com/news/id/219857/senator-hino...
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#33078 Aug 21, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are overpaying their employees and making great money, something tells me they are not the cheapest. More than likely they would not be able to compete with Sam's Club or other discount stores if near by.
I shop at Sam's Club because it's one of the few stores like that around my area. I don't recall seeing any Costco's around but can't say if they are here or not.
There is a costco near easton and one up at.polaris in the Columbus ohio area. First thing I noticed was that Costco has a much higher membership fee and more private labled items. I didn't join. Sam's club has more locations where I travel and a lower fee.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33079 Aug 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably are not aware of this, but there are other ways for corporations to make profit without treating their lowest level employees like indentured servants.
In other words, paying them proportionately to their skills?

I know Wal-Mart is constantly on their vendors azzes to produce products cheaper. They cut corners wherever they can. One of our customers makes a lot of products for Wal-Mart and they look to make products cheaper all the time because of the demands Wal-Mart makes.

I made many last pickups from production places that couldn't satisfy our customer who couldn't satisfy Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart says "We want X only cheaper" and our customer would have to find a way to do just that.

So they look for producers to make their products cheaper--usually those manufacturers that use robotics to produce their products. In the long run, it's cheaper and more precise which means less waste of product.

On our side of the aisle, we have to haul larger loads even if it means double stacking the pallets. Instead of them ordering four trailer loads that holds 26 pallets four times a week, we would start hauling two trailers a week of 52 pallets double stacked.

Of course we charge a little more because of the extra wait and the extra time it takes to get loaded, but in the long run, it's much cheaper for our customer to do that than to have four trailer loads with less pallets.

That's the way big business works: cut, cut, cut...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33080 Aug 21, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Nixon may have started it from your perspective but it actually started B4 that. It would seem that In an effort to restore Japan to stability after WWII, the U.S. started buying tons & tons of their products under the supervision of Gen McArther.(sp)
Those items were denigrated at that time also, just like China;s quality is today or lack there-of is belittled today.
A difference being that Japan improved quality & found a great niche in electronics that we & the world grabbed up. And they became an important democratic ally that is an economic Asian leader.
I don't see China doing either of the last two, not in the foreseeable future anyway.
They still prop up Mr Kim, don't they? A world class despot & human rights abuser. China is trying to expand their geographical power aren't they? That is not a Nixon claim .
I do agree with your other claims about enviromental claims tho.
Richard Nixon created the bureaucracy that we all know today as the EPA by executive order in 1971.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#33081 Aug 21, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, paying them proportionately to their skills?
I know Wal-Mart is constantly on their vendors azzes to produce products cheaper. They cut corners wherever they can. One of our customers makes a lot of products for Wal-Mart and they look to make products cheaper all the time because of the demands Wal-Mart makes.
I made many last pickups from production places that couldn't satisfy our customer who couldn't satisfy Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart says "We want X only cheaper" and our customer would have to find a way to do just that.
So they look for producers to make their products cheaper--usually those manufacturers that use robotics to produce their products. In the long run, it's cheaper and more precise which means less waste of product.
On our side of the aisle, we have to haul larger loads even if it means double stacking the pallets. Instead of them ordering four trailer loads that holds 26 pallets four times a week, we would start hauling two trailers a week of 52 pallets double stacked.
Of course we charge a little more because of the extra wait and the extra time it takes to get loaded, but in the long run, it's much cheaper for our customer to do that than to have four trailer loads with less pallets.
That's the way big business works: cut, cut, cut...
That's the way some big business works. There are other ways, which was the point of my previous post.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#33082 Aug 21, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Richard Nixon created the bureaucracy that we all know today as the EPA by executive order in 1971.
Liberal SOB.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33083 Aug 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way some big business works. There are other ways, which was the point of my previous post.
No, the winners in the game are those that cut costs all across the board, not just in one area.

Many people lose and the consumer and store wins. The store with the cheapest prices gets the most customers.

Those smaller companies that have antiquated equipment lose because they lost our customer. My company loses because we haul less loads. I lose because it's much more difficult and dangerous to haul loads weighing 45,000 lbs than it is to haul loads weighing 22,000 lbs. When you add the weight of the truck plus the load, I'm piloting a vehicle that weighs 75,000 lbs. The truck goes slower on upgrades and it takes longer to get that truck back to highway speed after you slow down.

If you can find any other way to cut costs, then I'm sure any manufacturer would love to know how. I'm sure any big box store would love to know how as well. Those big CEO's cover all bases.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33084 Aug 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal SOB.
That Nixon was

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33085 Aug 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the way some big business works. There are other ways, which was the point of my previous post.
Big Business loves Liberalism too.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#33086 Aug 21, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the winners in the game are those that cut costs all across the board, not just in one area.
Many people lose and the consumer and store wins. The store with the cheapest prices gets the most customers.
Those smaller companies that have antiquated equipment lose because they lost our customer. My company loses because we haul less loads. I lose because it's much more difficult and dangerous to haul loads weighing 45,000 lbs than it is to haul loads weighing 22,000 lbs. When you add the weight of the truck plus the load, I'm piloting a vehicle that weighs 75,000 lbs. The truck goes slower on upgrades and it takes longer to get that truck back to highway speed after you slow down.
If you can find any other way to cut costs, then I'm sure any manufacturer would love to know how. I'm sure any big box store would love to know how as well. Those big CEO's cover all bases.
Somebody is winning, delivery boy. You just aren't bright enough to realize who.
Jerry K

Newark, OH

#33087 Aug 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably are not aware of this, but there are other ways for corporations to make profit without treating their lowest level employees like indentured servants.
Indentured servants ? Name some, if this thread had a graph showing level of rhetoric that post would throw the line way over chart. Try staying within a level of credibility to be considered serious, although it is humorous.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#33088 Aug 21, 2014
Jerry K wrote:
<quoted text>
Indentured servants ? Name some, if this thread had a graph showing level of rhetoric that post would throw the line way over chart. Try staying within a level of credibility to be considered serious, although it is humorous.
Ray is an indentured servant. He owes his entire existence to his boss. That's why he crawls on his belly for him. If he dares question anything he does, like cancel his health insurance, he will be on the street begging for those devils unemployment and food stamps.
Slumlord Weather Expert

Lima, OH

#33089 Aug 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray is an indentured servant. He owes his entire existence to his boss. That's why he crawls on his belly for him. If he dares question anything he does, like cancel his health insurance, he will be on the street begging for those devils unemployment and food stamps.
He's obviously just another ignorant loud-mouthed future welfare queen. Oddly enough, the self proclaimed conservatives that I know get more "gubment freebies" than all of my poorer friends combined.
Who do you think will be stuck paying the hospital bill when xxxchainsmokingpaperboy can't afford to get those diabetic sausage legs lopped off at the knees? Yep, you and me...
Jerry K

Newark, OH

#33090 Aug 21, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray is an indentured servant. He owes his entire existence to his boss. That's why he crawls on his belly for him. If he dares question anything he does, like cancel his health insurance, he will be on the street begging for those devils unemployment and food stamps.
Anyone who actively contributes to society is a servant to the society, everyone ! When you point out that there are those that drop out and sit watching as the contributors serve them, foods stamps and such, then describe these servants as crawling on their belly ? You sound like someone very bitter about life.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33091 Aug 22, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray is an indentured servant. He owes his entire existence to his boss. That's why he crawls on his belly for him. If he dares question anything he does, like cancel his health insurance, he will be on the street begging for those devils unemployment and food stamps.
Right. And you're a leftist just why? You know, the party that promotes welfare for everybody?

Well, time to go to work now and create tax revenue. You just sit home on Topix all day like you do every day of your life. You can thank me when I get home.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Dec 6 Rush 174
rail (Jun '09) Nov 23 Nivolle 2
Facebook scammers Nov '17 HesAThief 1
how many have to go missing??? Oct '17 coco4u 1
News Corrupt former Summit County councilwoman sente... Aug '17 Mr Shhh 1
Naughty Home Remodeler Jul '17 Anonymous 1
Holiday Sands (Jul '06) Jun '17 Buffalo 204

Ravenna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ravenna Mortgages