Canton

Canton, OH

#32384 Aug 4, 2014
My question to you is since you are playing clever, is where did all those racist neighbors uncles and coworkers that we have all known growing up, magically and suddenly disappear to when Obama took office? Okay, back to your very telling and very defensive questions about Democrat Senate blah blah blah. You guys are a bunch of Bible thumping, gun hoarding racists and all of America can clearly tell it. You clowns not only aren't fooling anyone, but you got left in the dust by the future of this great nation.

Toodles hasbeens...Hilary 2016!!!

Woooooo!!!! Woooooooooo!!!
ino

Waverly, OH

#32385 Aug 4, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I don't know or care. Next?
It seems they are being hypocritical. they are all so full of the pres being black and anyone against him are racist when they have such a low number of Congressmen and governors. Then they go to a woman being pres to use their sexist argument to shut down debates. What a trick.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32386 Aug 4, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey neat. Not only do you know more than expert climate scientists, are smarter than our Harvard educated president, but now you are the personal interpreter of the creator of galaxies. The verse clearly states rich folks have very slim odds to making it to heaven. Nothing more.
It states in the Bible that the governing authority is to be respected and followed because it was put there by God. I wonder what percentage of the people who call our president names and put him down (Only because he is black by the way, but then every American already knows that) are Christians? How many challenge the "God appointed" Supreme Court and their ruling on abortion not being murder? Ooopsie. Someone knows the Bible better than you. Just like those Climate Science experts know about our climate more than a truck driver. We'll let you know if we need something mindlessly driven from point A to point B, though.
Maybe you should read all the posts before responding. I told Old Guy I was no expert at the Bible or religion.

We have several governing authorities also known as the separation of powers. How many times have YOU disrespected our Republican leaders in Congress...... you know, those people you call racist all the time?

Unfortunately, God didn't put in our governing authority, leaches on social programs did.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32387 Aug 4, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Screw you, you adult diaper stuck to the wheel of a Hoveround. When you aren't crying like a little b1tch about people calling names, you are feebly slinging insults. Get down in your grave, old clown. This nation has bowled you and your racist Tea Bagger kiddie groper oil cult buddies over and moved on. Eat those facts.
Hillary 2016!!!!!
Oh! It's facts you like?

Poll: Registered Voters Want A Republican House AND Senate
11:58 AM 08/03/2014

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid may be in trouble.

NBC/WSJ/Marist has published a new poll, conducted July 28-31, that shows a plurality of registered voters want a Republican majority in both the House and Senate.

Respondents were first asked if they thought Congress had been very productive, somewhat productive, somewhat unproductive or very unproductive. 50 percent of registered voters said they thought Congress had been very unproductive, with only 3 percent saying Congress had been very productive.

Even though the 50 percent who think Congress was very unproductive are in part talking about the Republican House, they donít want the majority to change.

They were asked if they would like to see the majority in the House stay Republican, or become Democrat. 43 percent of registered voters wanted Republicans in the majority and 41 percent wanted Democrats in the majority, with 16 percent unsure.

The Senate showed similar results. Respondents were asked if they want the Senate to stay Democrat, or become majority Republican. As with the House, 43 percent of registered voters wanted Republicans in the majority and 41 percent wanted Democrats in the majority, with 15 percent unsure.(RELATED: NRSC Chairman Says Republicans Could Flip Up To 14 Senate Seats)

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/03/poll-regist...

And for the Class Clowns, The Daily Caller didn't conduct the survey, they are only reporting on it.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#32388 Aug 4, 2014
I voted for Johnson last presidential election.
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
You told me a while back that you never voted for Democrats or Republicans for President, but you never said who you DO vote for (or if you even vote.) I'm trying to understand where you are coming from, politically.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#32389 Aug 4, 2014
Hillary said GW made her proud to be an American... BTW you vote for neocons, congratulations. http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/22/123306...
you might as well had voted for Bush twice. You're a total hypocrite and an ass.
Canton wrote:
My question to you is since you are playing clever, is where did all those racist neighbors uncles and coworkers that we have all known growing up, magically and suddenly disappear to when Obama took office? Okay, back to your very telling and very defensive questions about Democrat Senate blah blah blah. You guys are a bunch of Bible thumping, gun hoarding racists and all of America can clearly tell it. You clowns not only aren't fooling anyone, but you got left in the dust by the future of this great nation.
Toodles hasbeens...Hilary 2016!!!
Woooooo!!!! Woooooooooo!!!
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#32390 Aug 4, 2014
The biggest kool aid drinker here... Canton.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32391 Aug 4, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh! It's facts you like?
Poll: Registered Voters Want A Republican House AND Senate

43 percent of registered voters wanted Republicans in the majority and 41 percent wanted Democrats in the majority, with 16 percent unsure.

And for the Class Clowns, The Daily Caller didn't conduct the survey, they are only reporting on it.
If you look at the last paragraph, the Daily Caller mentions the margin of error (MOE) for these polls is +/- 3.9%. That means that the difference between the Republicans and Democrats (2%) is not statistically significant, so that the truth is that the Congressional races are too close to call. The Daily Caller headline is being deliberately deceptive.

"NBC polled 760 adults with a margin of error of plus-minus 3.6 percentage points."

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/03/poll-regist...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32392 Aug 4, 2014
Oh, and the margin of error mentioned in their article is +/- 3.6%, but that's for all residents. If you just look at registered voters it's +/- 3.9%. That's why our numbers were slightly different.

"August 2014: Registered voters: n=634, MOE +/- 3.9%; Residents: n=760, MOE +/- 3.6%"

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_...
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32393 Aug 4, 2014
d pantz wrote:
I voted for Johnson last presidential election. <quoted text>
He seemed like an OK guy when I briefly saw him during the first Republican debate. He struck me as a reasonable fiscal conservative. But his lack of experience in international affairs troubled me. And I didn't think he stood a chance in the Republican race with his views on the legalization of marijuana.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32394 Aug 4, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you look at the last paragraph, the Daily Caller mentions the margin of error (MOE) for these polls is +/- 3.9%. That means that the difference between the Republicans and Democrats (2%) is not statistically significant, so that the truth is that the Congressional races are too close to call. The Daily Caller headline is being deliberately deceptive.
"NBC polled 760 adults with a margin of error of plus-minus 3.6 percentage points."
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/03/poll-regist...
And that can go plus 3.6% as well.

Anyway the point is that this old worn out wives tale that the public is sick of Republicans and conservatism is on it's way out is exactly that--an old wives tale. Been hearing it for years. It's wishful thinking at best and even the Democrats realize they are in big trouble with this clown in the White House.

All DumBam's little stunts are coming back to haunt him and his party, and I couldn't be happier. When the tens of millions that still don't have health insurance see their income tax refund cut or not come at all, then you are going to see a new wave of Obama haters in the country. Should be perfect timing for next presidential election.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32395 Aug 4, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And that can go plus 3.6% as well.
Anyway the point is that this old worn out wives tale that the public is sick of Republicans and conservatism is on it's way out is exactly that--an old wives tale.
What I've been hearing is that this one is too close to call.

I know you aren't an engineer, but here's the deal: I give you a standard 12" ruler, and ask you to measure an inch. How close will you get?

This particular ruler is smudged pretty badly. Every time you measure that inch it's not quite the same.

Now, instead of inches, you are measuring political opinion.

The best this particular ruler can do is +/- 3.6%. Which is fine when the differences you are measuring are 20 or 30 percent. But it starts to get a bit dicey when the differences are closer to 10% or less.

When the difference is only 2%, this particular ruler just can't discriminate a difference that tiny.

That's what makes a horse race, and, based on this poll, it's a dead heat.
DEMSRULE

Ashland, KY

#32396 Aug 4, 2014
You do understand that 2014 was supposed to be a retardican sweep year, right? This couldn't be better. Retardicans can't stop fighting among themselves long enough to assemble a single piece of legislation that's acceptable to moderates AND batshit teapartiers. Here's their problem. They're supposed to do their jobs no matter who's in the White House. They won't, or can't, or can't figure out how. It doesn't matter which. They look like idiots. They always jump the wrong way, trying to satisfy the extremists in their party, so they've pissed off women and minorities and established themselves as the deportation party. Worst campaign strategy ever. As the election nears, they'll do that other dumb thing they always do, try to suppress the vote in Democratic areas. That generally causes a lot of Democrats to get out and vote against them no matter what. Ah, retardicans. They never learn anything, no matter how many bitter lessons they're taught.
ino

Waverly, OH

#32397 Aug 4, 2014
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32398 Aug 4, 2014
ino wrote:
ino, do you understand that the article that the Democratic Underground linked to is a pretty obvious JOKE? This is the last line of their post, which maybe you missed:

"Too bad it's satire.."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32399 Aug 4, 2014
The headline was also a clue:

"Sean Hannity Denounces Israeli Assault on Gaza (LBN satire)"

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10148629...
ino

Waverly, OH

#32400 Aug 4, 2014
It has been edited for sure, because that wasn't the same comments as before. Nothing new for Democrats they change shit all the time.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32401 Aug 5, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
What I've been hearing is that this one is too close to call.
I know you aren't an engineer, but here's the deal: I give you a standard 12" ruler, and ask you to measure an inch. How close will you get?
This particular ruler is smudged pretty badly. Every time you measure that inch it's not quite the same.
Now, instead of inches, you are measuring political opinion.
The best this particular ruler can do is +/- 3.6%. Which is fine when the differences you are measuring are 20 or 30 percent. But it starts to get a bit dicey when the differences are closer to 10% or less.
When the difference is only 2%, this particular ruler just can't discriminate a difference that tiny.
That's what makes a horse race, and, based on this poll, it's a dead heat.
Agreed. I don't put any good money on polls especially this far away from an election because anything could happen. We might suffer another terrorists attack. Our economy might improve greatly which I suspect might be the case because our company is busy as hell and talking with other drivers, their companies are busy too. We could have an outbreak of diseases traced back to one of these kids jumping over our border. Anything could happen.

But what I don't expect to happen is a close race in the next election. I don't see a 50/50 win for both Republicans and Democrats. I see a loss for Democrats, it's just a matter of how bad they will lose.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#32402 Aug 5, 2014
ino wrote:
It has been edited for sure, because that wasn't the same comments as before. Nothing new for Democrats they change shit all the time.
Yet you quote sources that have reported satire articles as facts, and believe them. Do you also call the 1-800 numbers for products you see on Saturday Night Live?
ino

Waverly, OH

#32403 Aug 5, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you quote sources that have reported satire articles as facts, and believe them. Do you also call the 1-800 numbers for products you see on Saturday Night Live?
Democratic Underground is a satire site?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Dec 21 Califguy 15
Tallmadge police arrest Akron man in theft of p... Dec 14 Lucas Mccain 1
Review: N&M Audio & Repair Dec 8 kevin 1
Samuel D Faulkner, Use of Force expert exposed ... (Oct '13) Nov '14 youre no daisy 6
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Nov '14 Riff 139
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Nov '14 Steve 28
Moving to Ravenna Nov '14 liedto2o14 3
Ravenna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ravenna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ravenna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ravenna

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]