Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
half breed

Lima, OH

#30844 Jun 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are just a troll. Why don't you hook up with your boyfriend Half-Ahardon and have kids together or something.
Hey, your "superior" education and maturity is showing through again, xxxteatard...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30845 Jun 30, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>In "Free bargaining states" with $5333 more income, 3% more of income is paid for union dues. In right to work states, the cost of living is lower since production & service costs are lower. In 'Free Bargaining' states as you put it, more jobs are driven off shore, Etc Etc.
The issue is not all that simple as your post & my post try to put it.
Correct, and that was conveyed in the wikipedia link I posted. Studies have shown that it's not an apples to apples comparison since there are so many other factors besides right-to-work. There is politics, taxation, weather, location....
heather

Fairfax, VA

#30846 Jun 30, 2014
Whats it matter anymore
Barry Soetoro 2007

Tulsa, OK

#30847 Jul 1, 2014
I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution.

ROFLMAO!!!!!
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#30848 Jul 1, 2014
Barry Soetoro 2007 wrote:
I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution.
ROFLMAO!!!!!
That's funny, it was the guy before him that trampled all over the Constitution.
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#30849 Jul 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are just a troll. Why don't you hook up with your boyfriend Half-Ahardon and have kids together or something.
Don't think the little woman would like that to well. But how would you know. What is the going rate on those chat lines these days?
Canton

Canton, OH

#30850 Jul 1, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>In "Free bargaining states" with $5333 more income, 3% more of income is paid for union dues. In right to work states, the cost of living is lower since production & service costs are lower. In 'Free Bargaining' states as you put it, more jobs are driven off shore, Etc Etc.
The issue is not all that simple as your post & my post try to put it.
Sure let's subtract your union dues and that leaves us with....$5173. So, people who work in free bargaining states, after paying union dues, make an average of $5173 more a year than middle class working people stuck living in right to work states. So, your point there is basically invalid. Besides, every working man knows that those businesses that go overseas do it for tax loopholes and 3rd world wage workers and absolutely nothing more. Perhaps if we look at Costco, a top 20 Fortune 500 company who is pro union and pays their employees 45K a year with full health benefits, and wonder why they are making record profits but haven't been forced by those mean little unions to set up shop elsewhere, we can all realize that you are just another sniveling coward, crawling on your belly for the big boss man. There's the documented, statistical facts and on the other side of the spectrum, there's the corporate provided propaganda you guys keep telling us about. All those hypothetical notions you guys always have to go back to have nothing to do with the real world.
Canton

Canton, OH

#30851 Jul 1, 2014
The top 10 poorest states in our country are ALL Right to Work states. Now spin that into something good. I know. Tell us how not having enough money to keep your family's head above water makes you appreciate the little things in life.
Canton

Canton, OH

#30852 Jul 1, 2014
Or here's a spin. The 53% increase in on the job mortality rates that right to work states enjoy, opens up new opportunities for the unemployed. Sounds so perfectly GOP.
Canton

Canton, OH

#30853 Jul 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I have on problem with foreigners. Like you said, our ancestors were all foreigners. But our ancestors came here to become Americans, not to change America.
I come across a lot of these people and they nearly laugh in our face. I see them in waiting rooms at our stops. Of course, we always strike up conversations, and these guys tell it like it is. They have nothing to hide or fear.
They come here, make money and ship it back home. They have no intention of becoming Americans, it's just that there is no work in their country. They get work visas, green cards or get on some other program, and they come here when they run out of money.
Others are so bad that they can only speak a few words of English. At one of our stops, the receiving girl tells me it's so aggravating trying to explain to these foreign drivers what to do. They tell the guy "Drop your trailer in door 43, come back in here and bring in your paperwork." The guy just stands there looking dumb, and then the girl has to go word by word trying to get through to the guy, and the rest of us are waiting behind him at the window trying to get the day over with.
Because they can' speak a lick of English, they drive using GPS units. That's fine if you are at least familiar with the map or where a highway divides. But they don't know that stuff. They don't know how to read a map or what it says. So when the GPS tells them to get over three lanes to switch highways at the last second, these jokers swerve over three lanes nearly hitting other vehicles.
Like I said, I have no problem with foreigners that want to become Americans and do things the legal way. I was born in a part of the city with a lot of foreigners. It's now called Slavic Village and I lived there until I was eight years old when we moved to the suburbs.
Of course back in the 60's, we didn't have the internet, computers or language tapes. Hell, we didn't have any tapes or tape playing machines. The foreigners enrolled in English classes, learned from other members of our community, and studied night and day. It was that important to them. My sister taught one of our neighbor girls how to speak English when she was five years old. She only spoke Polish. After high school, she went to collage and became a medical Doctor. They still stay in touch every now and then.
And who as been cashing in on that cheap, undocumented labor force for years and years. Who has been paying the bills of these foreigners you despise so much for decades and decades? That's right. It's been the "Job Creators" you love so much. Go cry to them. Then we can pass laws that toss their asses into prison for it. See? Problem solved.
heather

Fairfax, VA

#30854 Jul 1, 2014
Wish things were like old times
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30855 Jul 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
And who as been cashing in on that cheap, undocumented labor force for years and years. Who has been paying the bills of these foreigners you despise so much for decades and decades? That's right. It's been the "Job Creators" you love so much. Go cry to them. Then we can pass laws that toss their asses into prison for it. See? Problem solved.
I don't disagree with that one bit, but remember this is a two-sided coin. Both parties have interests in these illegals. As for the rest of us, we don't need to pizz off Mexico because they are a main oil exporter to the United States.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30856 Jul 1, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Don't think the little woman would like that to well. But how would you know. What is the going rate on those chat lines these days?
You should know. You've probably been thrown out of ever teen chat room on the internet.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#30857 Jul 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure let's subtract your union dues and that leaves us with....$5173. So, people who work in free bargaining states, after paying union dues, make an average of $5173 more a year than middle class working people stuck living in right to work states. So, your point there is basically invalid. Besides, every working man knows that those businesses that go overseas do it for tax loopholes and 3rd world wage workers and absolutely nothing more. Perhaps if we look at Costco, a top 20 Fortune 500 company who is pro union and pays their employees 45K a year with full health benefits, and wonder why they are making record profits but haven't been forced by those mean little unions to set up shop elsewhere, we can all realize that you are just another sniveling coward, crawling on your belly for the big boss man. There's the documented, statistical facts and on the other side of the spectrum, there's the corporate provided propaganda you guys keep telling us about. All those hypothetical notions you guys always have to go back to have nothing to do with the real world.
I won't get deep since you might drown but that's 3% off of EVERY dollar that you make, just like SS with holding comes off of every dollar that you make.
figured out

United States

#30858 Jul 1, 2014
We want ted
Canton

Canton, OH

#30859 Jul 1, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I won't get deep since you might drown but that's 3% off of EVERY dollar that you make, just like SS with holding comes off of every dollar that you make.
Yah Pops. we all struggle to keep up with your lighting pace. I wish I could express my ideas with the razor's edge that you communicate your understanding of all things through. If only I had my finger on the pulse of technology, science, statistics and fact checked information like you do. Now please. By all means. Tell us more about how you mailed your social security check to a Nigerian prince who can increase your penis size with this one weird trick to lose weight fast.
Canton

Canton, OH

#30860 Jul 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree with that one bit, but remember this is a two-sided coin. Both parties have interests in these illegals. As for the rest of us, we don't need to pizz off Mexico because they are a main oil exporter to the United States.
As much as I would love to slam our pint glasses together and cheer our equal disdain for not trusting either party, unfortunately, in a typical conniving ploy, the right wing Conservative Republicans already bought the don't trust either side property and promptly began making you jump through the exact same hoops for the big corps like the GOP always has.

Not a huge Who fan but if the Who fits...

"Meet the boss. Same as the old boss."
Canton

Canton, OH

#30861 Jul 1, 2014
*new
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30862 Jul 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah Pops. we all struggle to keep up with your lighting pace. I wish I could express my ideas with the razor's edge that you communicate your understanding of all things through. If only I had my finger on the pulse of technology, science, statistics and fact checked information like you do. Now please. By all means. Tell us more about how you mailed your social security check to a Nigerian prince who can increase your penis size with this one weird trick to lose weight fast.
How hostile.

You need to lighten up a bit Canton. I'm having a party this weekend, and you're welcome to attend. In light of the Supreme Courts recent decision, I decided to have a party called "One for the invisible man in the sky." We are going to have beer and.......... well, we are going to have beer.

Besides the beer, we are going to have a pinata shaped like DumBama, and we are going to take swings at him and bust it just like the Supreme Court did. What do you think? Can you make it?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#30863 Jul 1, 2014
How is the 2016 election shaping up? Maybe this is a clue:

Hillary’s book sales fall hard
By S.A. Miller-The Washington Times

Sales of Hillary Clinton’s new memoir “Hard Choices” plummeted in its second week in bookstores, according to publishing tracking firm Nielsen BookScan.

Sales figures declined 43 percent in the second week, dropping from 85,721 copies sold in the first week to just 48,227 in the second week, showed additional publishing data reported by CNN.

The book, which focus on her stint as secretary of state, also dropped out of the top 20 on Amazon’s bestseller list.

The sharp decline in interest is bad news for the publisher, Simon & Shuster, which paid Mrs. Clinton a multimillion-dollar advance and spent heavily on the book’s launch.

Jason Pinter, founder and publisher of Polis Books, said the first week’s sales numbers were already cause for concern.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/...

Oh my. Things look hopeless for our hero. I wonder if Romney is up for running again? Between this terrible news and DumBama's falling poll numbers, it seems like anybody on the Republican side will be able to win the presidency.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crime watch May 4 Gop 1
rat boy (Nov '08) Apr '16 Bad Boy Club 30
News Request rubs Ravenna Twp. the wrong way Plan fo... (Sep '07) Apr '16 Someone w clarity 55
News Former Akron councilman Bruce Kilby accused of ... (Jan '14) Apr '16 JNemerJr 3
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Mar '16 VidGuy 25
Bed Bugs Mar '16 jarnold2016 1
Whatever happened to Attorney Robin Bostick????? (Feb '15) Mar '16 Pink Panther Jr 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ravenna Mortgages