Comments
24,781 - 24,800 of 30,480 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27418 Apr 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
80 degrees by Sunday? Maybe you better quit getting your forecasts from those taxpayer funded scientists of yours:
http://fox8.com/weather/
It is now 70 degrees which is 17 degrees above our "normal" high. How many weeks have we spent this season with 17 degrees below the normal high this season? Lets' see, one day above normal, 50 days below normal. You're right, it's global warming.
I had Mexican last night.

I farted.....sorry.

Would you prefer I keep it in and we return to a foot of snow?

I was going to go back tonight and order a double side of beans.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27419 Apr 1, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So, after making the argument that the people are primarily driven by money in their job search, and maintaining that they would rather work in a steel mill rather than be a pharmacist because the money is better...now you are telling me that YOU were willing to work for less money because you prefer the working environment of a smaller company?
I prefer it, but the other side of that coin is the government will not allow me to work for a larger company where the real money is.

My nephew graduated college with a Masters a few years ago. My niece will graduate this year. My sister and ex brother-in-law are strapped with college loans they will have to repay until past their retirement. My niece and nephew will be strapped with their loans for many years to come.

When one figures out what kind of money they can make with a college education, and then subtracts all the loans they have to repay, all the years they spent in college forfeiting full-time pay, it really makes a person wonder if college is the investment of a lifetime. How many years does it take for a college graduate to break even?

I'm sure this is on the minds of our youngsters today. If you get a job at Fed-Ex, they train you for a few weeks and you're working for a lifetime. In many fields such as medical or technical, people continue their education for the rest of their lives. They have to be retrained on the newest developments coming out.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27420 Apr 1, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry that you are so filled with malice. I bear you no ill will.
no malice intended.

just correcting your figures was all.

very tired of the 5 year lying spree, and fully intend to end the madness sooner than later.

Absolutely will not let the loony left off the hook like happened in 2012.

Expect a collage of lies played continually on TV reminding America what they were duped into voting for.

Enjoy the nice evening, and take a stroll to get some fresh air in those lungs.
artfulman

Pittsburgh, PA

#27421 Apr 1, 2014
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#27422 Apr 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer it, but the other side of that coin is the government will not allow me to work for a larger company where the real money is.
My nephew graduated college with a Masters a few years ago. My niece will graduate this year. My sister and ex brother-in-law are strapped with college loans they will have to repay until past their retirement. My niece and nephew will be strapped with their loans for many years to come.
When one figures out what kind of money they can make with a college education, and then subtracts all the loans they have to repay, all the years they spent in college forfeiting full-time pay, it really makes a person wonder if college is the investment of a lifetime. How many years does it take for a college graduate to break even?
I'm sure this is on the minds of our youngsters today. If you get a job at Fed-Ex, they train you for a few weeks and you're working for a lifetime. In many fields such as medical or technical, people continue their education for the rest of their lives. They have to be retrained on the newest developments coming out.
what I will add is college was just a key to unlock doors for me.

The rest was up to me, or doors closed.

a college education over a average life will pay over a million dollars more than a HS diploma.

everyone is not college material and can make above statement foolish....like Bill Gates as example or Steve Jobs. Also plenty of people who started businesses and worked hard growing them.

College shows an employer you can follow directions and be trained. Also college developed critical thinking skills necessary to add value in business.

An individual who earns a degree who feels they are entitled to earning more money than a HS grad usually is unemployed.

bottom line......if it is to be it is up to me.

I agree that the loans folk take out will burden them for a long time. My alimony exceeded tuition at an Ivy league university, and I took no loan. It also had me living very uncomfortable making 5 figure monthly payment for 7 years. Now that the end is just a few months away I can save 5 figures monthly.

tell the kids not to get married unless they are positive it is real. Failure here is much more painful than any student loan.
KHartman

Cincinnati, OH

#27423 Apr 1, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
r...now you are telling me that YOU were willing to work for less money because you prefer the working environment of a smaller company?
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the government keeping you from working for larger companies?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27424 Apr 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a total crock of crap of your crybaby s*it. That first line is pathetic example of the bulls*it of the crap you love to spew.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#27425 Apr 1, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That's a total crock of crap of your crybaby s*it. That first line is pathetic example of the bulls*it of the crap you love to spew.
Do you really expect a lowly trucker to understand the value of education?
His "career" involves peeing into empty bottles and driving in a straight line during week-long meth binges. We could train circus monkeys to do his job. It's not like he's a rocket scientist or something. LOL
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27426 Apr 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>

I pretty much agree. BUT IF some did not go into (incredible ) debt, there would be a good number of needed positions not filled. Largely in the medical fields.
The CRIME is what establishments of higher learning keep charging!!
A son of mine chose a particular college largely for it's reputation in his field & largely because of it's class sizes. From his 3rd to his 4th year, class sizes doubled & tuition went up a double digit percent. WHY? Seemingly to enlarge the campus & increase enrollment for more money.
Tuition does NOT need to be so F'ing high semester after semester.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27427 Apr 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really expect a lowly trucker to understand the value of education?
His "career" involves peeing into empty bottles and driving in a straight line during week-long meth binges. We could train circus monkeys to do his job. It's not like he's a rocket scientist or something. LOL
Why do you continue to denigrate truckers? They move EVERYTHING that you need or want.
I didn't go to college because I didn't have enough self control to study for it even tho I have a respectable IQ.
I have 3 grown sons. One is an awesome mechanic, everything from weed eaters to Freight Liner trucks. Can YOU repair your own car?Another has been in the Navy for 10 1/2 yrs with 3 1/2 to go on this enlistment keeping air craft flying. Can YOU weld aircraft alloys or service an engine in a jet capable of MACH flight or a helicopter that rescues down pilots, or lands Marines on a beach? My 3rd son is studying towards a PHD to be a Psycologist. Can you help someone professionally to conquer drugs or keep a marriage together or help youngsters of divorced parents?
So just quit insulting others! You insult yourself.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27428 Apr 1, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> I pretty much agree. BUT IF some did not go into (incredible ) debt, there would be a good number of needed positions not filled. Largely in the medical fields.
The CRIME is what establishments of higher learning keep charging!!
A son of mine chose a particular college largely for it's reputation in his field & largely because of it's class sizes. From his 3rd to his 4th year, class sizes doubled & tuition went up a double digit percent. WHY? Seemingly to enlarge the campus & increase enrollment for more money.
Tuition does NOT need to be so F'ing high semester after semester.
Agreed. My nephew and his wife are renting an apartment from my father who gave them an extremely low rental price. Without my father, I don't know what those kids would be doing today. Both are working but both are paying their school loans back. They are watching every dime as if they both worked at McDonalds or something.

I heard on the radio that colleges are the highest profit business in the US today. I never checked into it, but I almost believe it.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27429 Apr 1, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and you would have re-posted any lie I told.
since you lied, you can just lie more.
and since I am so weak....how come you are the one who has nothing including religion in your life?
When you meet Jesus he will remind you to keep your arms inside the elevator while traveling to the bowels of hell. Wonder if Jesus will have your car special painted with a crow on the side.
That Jesus! What a prankster.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27430 Apr 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really expect a lowly trucker to understand the value of education?
At least I work. Can you say the same?

We are all aware of your education. It's on display with each and every one of your posts.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27431 Apr 1, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That's a total crock of crap of your crybaby s*it. That first line is pathetic example of the bulls*it of the crap you love to spew.
I guess everything to a troll is bull ship. Do you ever post anything of value on this forum or are you here because they kicked you off the teen chat room site??
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27432 Apr 1, 2014
KHartman wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
How is the government keeping you from working for larger companies?
I'm on a medical restriction. I can't get all my endorsements and all major trucking lines require their employees to be fully endorsed. If the government would allow me to drive being fully endorsed, I probably would have had a much better job years ago.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27433 Apr 1, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
a college education over a average life will pay over a million dollars more than a HS diploma.
everyone is not college material and can make above statement foolish....like Bill Gates as example or Steve Jobs. Also plenty of people who started businesses and worked hard growing them.
College shows an employer you can follow directions and be trained. Also college developed critical thinking skills necessary to add value in business.
An individual who earns a degree who feels they are entitled to earning more money than a HS grad usually is unemployed.
I agree that the loans folk take out will burden them for a long time. My alimony exceeded tuition at an Ivy league university, and I took no loan. It also had me living very uncomfortable making 5 figure monthly payment for 7 years. Now that the end is just a few months away I can save 5 figures monthly.
tell the kids not to get married unless they are positive it is real. Failure here is much more painful than any student loan.
You need to adjust the amount that you make up to tell people about your income. With your minimum $120,000 annually in spousal support, your $40,000 annually in vacations, your tens of thousands annually in boat related expenses, and your pink truck and your race car and your Italian shoes and all that other stuff, there is no way you are getting by on the .5% commission on $10 million you claim to make. Just trying to help out a little.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27434 Apr 1, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
So far their marriage is working out very well. They want children but of course, not financially ready yet. Lord knows if they will ever be.

I never said college was not a great thing, just in comparison to the cost. Several years ago I read that doctors who borrowed all their money for their education are not out of debt until the age of 40. That's over half of your life in school or paying for it. No wonder they charge what they charge.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27435 Apr 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on a medical restriction. I can't get all my endorsements and all major trucking lines require their employees to be fully endorsed. If the government would allow me to drive being fully endorsed, I probably would have had a much better job years ago.
That's outstanding. The fat, diabetic, smoker who is on medical restriction so he doesn't kill people in his truck blames the government for his situation. Classic right wing personal responsibility.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27436 Apr 1, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
That's outstanding. The fat, diabetic, smoker who is on medical restriction so he doesn't kill people in his truck blames the government for his situation. Classic right wing personal responsibility.
Classical Commie response.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27437 Apr 1, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally non-constructive! Can't you post something that is NOT MEAN or angry. Something constructive, something pragmatic, something that addresses the topic instead of something personal?
Your lack of legitable argument shows your lack of intellect, your lack of substance, your lack research or ability to research.
WHY do you make personal attacks? I know, I know, you do NOT have adequate counterpoints.
I would NOT bet that your parents are proud. OR in your case does the seed not fall far from the tree? One or the other.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shawn Porter draws with Julio Diaz (Dec '12) Tue Steve 8
school area Aug 26 guest 1
Whip Aug 25 Ceam 3
Debate: Marijuana - Brimfield, OH Aug 23 Cassandra 2
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Jake.T.Austin is hot (Jun '07) Aug 18 davina 1,749
Sharp Dressed man Aug 18 Untouchable 1
•••
•••
•••

Ravenna Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ravenna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE