Canton

Canton, OH

#26840 Mar 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's wrong with new rules? Nothing that I can think of. We change and create new rules all the time. Look at what you have to go through just to get on a plane these days.
Is it discriminatory when a bank clerk asks for ID to cash a check? How about when you buy alcohol or cigarettes? Again, how about boarding a plane? Get a passport. We're a country that lives by photo ID's, why should voting be excluded?
Why do liberals hate voter-ID? Because it makes voting more honest. I for one don't believe that the people in my party chose the most liberal candidates to run for President the last two elections. Something is wrong and surely needs improvement. After all, when Gore cried foul, nearly the entire country had to change to electronic voting machines. It costs counties tens of thousands of dollars. But that was okay????
Considering that those voting machines were made by Diebold, a company that has consistently donated to the Republican party, why don't we all do the math on that one while you cry about hypothetical Liberals taking the tax payers money. Then we can move onto the mysterious ways that Bush got magically elected.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26841 Mar 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
I for one don't believe that the people in my party chose the most liberal candidates to run for President the last two elections.
I'm not sure what you meant there. Do you wish the Republican candidates had been MORE liberal than McCain and Romney??

Who would you have liked to have seen get the nomination?

I thought McCain was an OK candidate, but Palin did him in. Romney is very smart, but not telegenic.
Canton

Canton, OH

#26842 Mar 12, 2014
"The head of a company vying to sell voting machines in Ohio told Republicans in a recent fund-raising letter that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

The Aug. 14 letter from Walden O'Dell, chief executive of Diebold Inc.- who has become active in the re-election effort of President Bush - prompted Democrats this week to question the propriety of allowing O'Dell's company to calculate votes in the 2004 presidential election.

O'Dell attended a strategy pow-wow with wealthy Bush benefactors - known as Rangers and Pioneers - at the president's Crawford, Texas, ranch earlier this month. The next week, he penned invitations to a $1,000-a-plate fund-raiser to benefit the Ohio Republican Party's federal campaign fund - partially benefiting Bush - at his mansion in the Columbus suburb of Upper Arlington."
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26843 Mar 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
Agreed. But I take my anger and concerns to the polls when it comes time to vote. I talk to the uninformed voters as much as I can to explain things because I know they don't understand politics. And yes, I go to these blogs.
If I thought that a bumper sticker would do any good, I would put them on my car too. But bumper stickers won't change the vote of one person. All it might do is cause your car to be damaged. Either way, you accomplish nothing. It's just like those paper ribbons people put on their cars to support our troops. Did any one of those ribbons help one solder?
Our Constitution gives us freedom of speech, but some of our fellow citizens believe freedom of speech only applies to them.
It's difficult to say whether the bumper stickers help or not. I'm encouraged by some of them, and often reminded of what's important.

Politically-speaking, I tend to buy stickers that have something poignant on them -- not inflammatory. There were quite a few people who honked and waved when they would pass me during the election season -- I'm assuming because I had a conservative sticker on my car. I think it's good for people to see there are folks who will publicly make a stand.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26844 Mar 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
When you say the word "article", everyone knows that you are really being disrespectful to the founders of our country. Aaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha! Now gimme a V! Gimme an O!!! Gimme a you know the rest. VOID. That's you, St. Racist. You aren't fooling anyone.
You're the one who made a federal case out of a simple little comment I made about your lack of respect for the founders. Since then, you've had plenty of chances to explain what a "powdered-wigged, silver-spoon racist" means. You've failed to do that, not surprisingly. So, f*** off.
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26845 Mar 12, 2014
mutt wrote:
We can only assume that's a lie too, considering the source. You probably just don't want the authorities to find that deep freezer full of Gadsden flag wrapped, partially eaten corpses that you keep in your momma's basement next to Reality's hired help death pit...
Assume whatever you want, freak.

Is there a day that goes by that you don't obsess about eating corpses?
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#26850 Mar 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws were the same for everyone before the push for voter ID. Somehow that was unfair to Republicans?
<quoted text>
The liberals weren't the ones changing the rules.
WHO changed the 'rules' from 1 day of voting at the polling precinct to on line voting to 20 or whatever number of days to register & vote the same day & every other method that is now?
Come on. IF I were told that I was too disadvantaged to get an ID every so many years for FREE, I would feel insulted for being told that I was stupid, lazy & incompetent to get an ID that I would use for check cashing, admission to the DNC convention or whatever !
Give me credit for having some smarts that allow me to vote.
Wait a minute, I just realized that progressives want the dumbasses to vote since they are so easy to deceive with propaganda & vote 'buying' instead of knowing what is truly what..

“Cats rule.”

Since: Dec 09

Chardon Ohio.

#26851 Mar 12, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
It was in the early years of the internet, and the group was small ... a lot of people knew each other on the site. Everything was good for a long time, but as the internet became more popular, the group started to change.
Nothing is the same anymore ... I grew up in a time and place where we never locked our doors. Now I lock my doors as soon as I shut them, whether I'm in or out.
You got that right. Those were the good old days. I remember them well.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#26852 Mar 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that those voting machines were made by Diebold, a company that has consistently donated to the Republican party, why don't we all do the math on that one while you cry about hypothetical Liberals taking the tax payers money. Then we can move onto the mysterious ways that Bush got magically elected.
Why doesn't either side of congress propose a law forbidding such cooperate donations for conflict of interest reasons? Has any party proposed such a thing?
My guess would be that the reason is political corruption on both sides. Special interest, lobbyist, rediculious fund raising etc makes their lives very enviable.
And by the way....shut up on Bush. This is TODAY & even tomorrow, NOT yesterday.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#26854 Mar 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
McCain made a fine choice with Palin...
There were conservative pundits who thought she was a bad choice and said so publicly:

"Charles Krauthammer of the Washington Post wrote, "The Palin selection completely undercuts the argument about Obama's inexperience and readiness to lead.... To gratuitously undercut the remarkably successful 'Is he ready to lead' line of attack seems near suicidal." David Frum of National Review wrote: "The longer I think about it, the less well this selection sits with me.... If it were your decision, and you were putting your country first, would you put an untested small-town mayor [sic] a heartbeat away from the presidency?". Following an NBC interview, Peggy Noonan commented, "It's over... the most qualified? No."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain_pres...

Since: Aug 12

United States

#26856 Mar 12, 2014
Then again theres most of McCain's votes that came from actual conservatives who only decided to vote for his dumpy ass after libtards pointed out that this means Palin will only be a heartbeat away!
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26857 Mar 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody gets treated equal in my book.
Except for liberals, gays, Muslims, atheists, women, and "mulatto" presidents...
Oh and BTW, I just love seeing a conservative whine incessantly about "the big bad gubment's complete ineptitude", then turn right around and practically BEG for a bigger, more intrusive government. IF voter fraud is the widespread problem that you CLAIM it is, how would new laws and MORE restrictions help?
As you gun hugging rednecks have pointed out in the past: "Criminals don't follow the law."
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26858 Mar 13, 2014
half-breed wrote:
<quoted text>
Assume whatever you want, freak.
Is there a day that goes by that you don't obsess about eating corpses?
Oh little Jeffy, it's just that every time I read one of your racist, lying posts, I'm reminded of the MANY murderous rightwing fundie d-bags that came before you.
I'd say you remind me of an ignorant Ted Bundy, but UdBT took that title a long time ago...
half-breed

Chillicothe, OH

#26859 Mar 13, 2014
mutt wrote:
Oh little Jeffy, it's just that every time I read one of your racist, lying posts, I'm reminded of the MANY murderous rightwing fundie d-bags that came before you.
I'd say you remind me of an ignorant Ted Bundy, but UdBT took that title a long time ago...
More of your obsession with serial killers. And you support the murdering of babies. I don't think I'm the problem here. Get some counseling.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#26860 Mar 13, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>Oh little Jeffy, it's just that every time I read one of your racist, lying posts, I'm reminded of the MANY murderous rightwing fundie d-bags that came before you.
you helped murder over 40,000,000 babies, and call someone a murderer who tried to stop your murderous ways?

and you wonder why americans are arming themselves.

you are being aborted right now by American citizens as the culprit of societies problem.

you are the problem.

Your Christmas present is every Senator up for re-election who voted without reading obamacare law is fired.

enjoy.
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26861 Mar 13, 2014
chillicothe-cannibal wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your obsession with serial killers. And you support the murdering of babies. I don't think I'm the problem here. Get some counseling.
Classic desperate teabagger denial...
You've already been caught LYING several times, you've posted pictures of mutilated corpses, AND you have an obvious superiority complex.
Yep, you're walking right in the footsteps of child-murdering terrorists and bloodthirsty cannibals.
Go ahead and deny it, lie about it, and change the subject to "commie liberals". I know you will.
Oh and PLEASE, get some counseling, before you hurt somebody with your self proclaimed "righteousness", little Jeffy...
mutt

Van Wert, OH

#26862 Mar 13, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you helped murder over 40,000,000 babies.
A prime example of the outright LIES that you flunky Limbaugh cheerleaders desperately repeat on a daily basis. Truth be told, I've never been involved in any way with ANY abortion. Ever...
But hey, by your flawed logic, you're responsible for every single soldier killed during GW's regime, since you support pointless wars. So how does it feel to be a mass murderer? Yep, you and Dahmer's lapdog, two peas in a pod...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#26863 Mar 13, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> Why doesn't either side of congress propose a law forbidding such cooperate donations for conflict of interest reasons? Has any party proposed such a thing?
My guess would be that the reason is political corruption on both sides. Special interest, lobbyist, rediculious fund raising etc makes their lives very enviable.
And by the way....shut up on Bush. This is TODAY & even tomorrow, NOT yesterday.
Like the "The Disclose Act"?
Canton

Canton, OH

#26864 Mar 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Or we can rely on a factcheck article I have in my folder that says you are FOS. On the other hand, if you have something that factcheck didn't see yet, by all means, post it.
You have an article in your folder on the "price of butter in China"? Why would you ever have an article on something so irrelevant? Unless of course...Let's see the article.(This is the part where you squirm)
Canton

Canton, OH

#26865 Mar 13, 2014
Funny how the Conservatives accuse us of murdering babies and taking all their money, when that has ever happened. Now about the things we accuse you of. Racism-check. Greed-check Hypocrites for Jesus-check...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
speed Sep 17 admirer 1
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Sep 16 Del 138
Going off the grid Sep 15 guest 2
Falls fees nothing less than scam (Jul '08) Sep 15 UNtouchable 186
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
September 11, 2001 memorial candles on The Circle Sep 12 Green eye 1
Ravenna Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Ravenna Jobs

Ravenna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ravenna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ravenna

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]