xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22422 Nov 27, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Wow ,it's so obvious why you are such a hateful, spiteful, lying, lonely person that you are. You are nothing but a bald faced liar. For somebody that spends so much time in his precious truck driving little world, you have the mental midget mind of knowing what goes on in every body else's lives. That's called delusion, or being brainwashed.
No, it's called being observant. It's called being aware. It's called experience.

It's likely you see none of these things out where you live. But city living is a little more educational. It goes on right in front of your face. This is besides the fact I had a job where I was in the homes of may of these so-called needy people. I know what they live like. They've told me of their scams. They laugh about it.

I remember what went on next door when the landlord there decided to rent section 8. I seen the cars they drove. I was awakened many nights during the working week with drunks coming home at 3:00 am when I was trying to get some sleep. I've seen them on days like today with their windows wide open. Think they were paying for their own heat? They were too damned lazy to turn down their furnace. The window was obviously more convenient. Either that or they were trying to air the place out.

It's not me that creates these images in my head of how the poor live. It's you. But that brings me to a question: if God talked to you before you were born--told you that you would be born poor, but had the choice of what country you would be poor in, what other country would you choose other than the US of A?

How the so-called poor live in the United States:

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22423 Nov 27, 2013
Pops wrote:
Look you two, you have more in common than you want to let on because you two have gotten into opposing each other because 1 of you started name calling. I would wager that it started just like the Hatfields & McCoys, Neither one of you truly know the origin & would argue about that too.
On this issue, I would bet that Neither one of you would condone cheating on these programs but neither would you want to see the deserving to lose out.
I KNOW deserving folks & cheating folks. So I also know that both of you are correct.
The problem as I see it is government over site or the lack there-of. I have thoughts of solutions on this but that is getting away from what I wanted to focus on in my 1st 3 paragraphs.
Well, I had my say about the both of you so I'll shut up until prompted otherwise.
Have a very good Thanksgiving.
I hope that everyone sees as many family & friends as makes you happy!:>D
Back at you Pops. Wishing you and yours a very happy Thanksgiving.

You are absolutely correct. It's imagery.

When a liberal thinks of a poor person, he or she thinks of a guy coming home greasy and dirty from repairing cars all day long. The wife is putting more water in the soup. The husband and his four children sit at the table with the 40 watt light fixture hanging by wires from the ceiling.

When we conservatives think of the poor, we think of what we observe and the link that I posted in my last reply.

Yes, the solution would be to separate the truly poor from the players. But that's not possible.

If you are a welfare worker, and your job depends on people coming in for welfare, is it in your best interest to get them off of public assistance? If you are a politician that depends on the welfare vote, are you going to try and legislate people back to work?

We are probably the only government in the world that actually uses television and radio advertisement to get people on food stamps, welfare, Obama phones, or a number of other government handouts.

Back in the 90's when Newt Gingrich legislated Welfare Reform, it was a very successful program. More people working and contributing to our society than taking out of it. Married couples stayed together longer, first time workers claiming that they felt liberated for the first time in their lives.

The question is, do we still have that today?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22424 Nov 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's called being observant. It's called being aware. It's called experience.
It's likely you see none of these things out where you live. But city living is a little more educational. It goes on right in front of your face. This is besides the fact I had a job where I was in the homes of may of these so-called needy people. I know what they live like. They've told me of their scams. They laugh about it.
I remember what went on next door when the landlord there decided to rent section 8. I seen the cars they drove. I was awakened many nights during the working week with drunks coming home at 3:00 am when I was trying to get some sleep. I've seen them on days like today with their windows wide open. Think they were paying for their own heat? They were too damned lazy to turn down their furnace. The window was obviously more convenient. Either that or they were trying to air the place out.
It's not me that creates these images in my head of how the poor live. It's you. But that brings me to a question: if God talked to you before you were born--told you that you would be born poor, but had the choice of what country you would be poor in, what other country would you choose other than the US of A?
How the so-called poor live in the United States:
http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011...
Nice try liar. Some people have real brains. Something that you lack.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22425 Nov 27, 2013
Canton wrote:
All joking, name calling and politics aside...everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.
We can all get back to our noble and in depth discussion on curing childhood cancer after the holiday.
Anticipating your further participation in discussions today, I saved this reply for last:

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Canton. Happy Thanksgiving to all here. At this time of the year, we tend to forget all the negatives and focus on what we have: friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, financial success if you are so fortunate.

No matter what your plight in life is right now, at the very least, you can give thanks that you were born in the greatest country on earth. And it's people like us that make this the greatest country on earth regardless of your political or social positions. Unlike many people in this country, we care enough to come here and discuss our issues. We vote. We get involved.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22427 Nov 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's imagery.
When a liberal thinks of a poor person, he or she thinks of a guy coming home greasy and dirty from repairing cars all day long. The wife is putting more water in the soup. The husband and his four children sit at the table with the 40 watt light fixture hanging by wires from the ceiling.
When we conservatives think of the poor, we think of what we observe and the link that I posted in my last reply.
Yes, the solution would be to separate the truly poor from the players. But that's not possible.
If you are a welfare worker, and your job depends on people coming in for welfare, is it in your best interest to get them off of public assistance? If you are a politician that depends on the welfare vote, are you going to try and legislate people back to work?
We are probably the only government in the world that actually uses television and radio advertisement to get people on food stamps, welfare, Obama phones, or a number of other government handouts.
Liberals/Progressives may have trouble believing this but I have an entire family of EX-inlaws that LIVE, NOT just survive but LIVE on welfare for FOUR generations. They would inform each other, then as to how to fill out forms, which case workers to see or to avoid to enable them to get the most milk from the government teat.
THIS IS their occupation! To swindle the system created by the compassionate. To take advantage of the benevolent. All of the while, they are getting food stamps, section 8 housing, a medical card, FREE lunches at school etc while owning "Smart Phones", an HD TV, the latest fashions in clothes, To get complete financial support with out breaking a sweat, without answering to an alarm clock, without saying or thinking "Thank You". Instead, the abusers simply look for more & more.
The truly deserving ones end up leaving the support programs as soon as they can because they have self esteem, pride, morals, ethics, & more.
IF we were to put cameras overhead at EVERY case workers work station/desk just like there are cameras at just about EVERY cashiers station at Kroger, Wal-Mart, McDonalds, bank teller station; & record case workers phone conversation ("this call may be recorded for quality assurance") for these same people, WE the U.S. tax payer will see standards & pay outs shift in a proper way.
The same as drug testing for a job or for Welfare. There are few guilty test because those that know that they will flunk will NOT test so the undeserving are under served as it should be with that mind spent.
Consequently, there are more funds available for the more deserving.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#22428 Nov 27, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I have an entire family of EX-inlaws that LIVE, NOT just survive but LIVE on welfare for FOUR generations. They would inform each other, then as to how to fill out forms, which case workers to see or to avoid to enable them to get the most milk from the government teat.
And you married into this family??? Makes your judgement a bit suspect... Was she cute?
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22430 Nov 28, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And you married into this family??? Makes your judgement a bit suspect... Was she cute?
What gets me, according to him he makes a whopping $22,000 a year, yet he backs the idiots that are fighting tooth and nail to suppress wages and workers rights down into the gutter.
It Stinks

Waverly, OH

#22431 Nov 28, 2013
I really wanted to vote Demo this time, especially after the HB5 fiasco. But WHY on earth would they pick a running mate with a train load of issues including oweing thousands in taxes? I think the demo candidate is playing the race card to get the black vote and is going to pay a very heavy price. Worse, we are too getting stuck with Kasich another 4.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22432 Nov 28, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals/Progressives may have trouble believing this but I have an entire family of EX-inlaws that LIVE, NOT just survive but LIVE on welfare for FOUR generations. They would inform each other, then as to how to fill out forms, which case workers to see or to avoid to enable them to get the most milk from the government teat.
THIS IS their occupation! To swindle the system created by the compassionate. To take advantage of the benevolent. All of the while, they are getting food stamps, section 8 housing, a medical card, FREE lunches at school etc while owning "Smart Phones", an HD TV, the latest fashions in clothes, To get complete financial support with out breaking a sweat, without answering to an alarm clock, without saying or thinking "Thank You". Instead, the abusers simply look for more & more.
The truly deserving ones end up leaving the support programs as soon as they can because they have self esteem, pride, morals, ethics, & more.
IF we were to put cameras overhead at EVERY case workers work station/desk just like there are cameras at just about EVERY cashiers station at Kroger, Wal-Mart, McDonalds, bank teller station; & record case workers phone conversation ("this call may be recorded for quality assurance") for these same people, WE the U.S. tax payer will see standards & pay outs shift in a proper way.
The same as drug testing for a job or for Welfare. There are few guilty test because those that know that they will flunk will NOT test so the undeserving are under served as it should be with that mind spent.
Consequently, there are more funds available for the more deserving.
Agreed. It's just I get sick of these liberals that live in their own little bubble thinking that the conservative point of view is to end all social programs. No conservative believes that, but it's like the race card they always try to play. They figure they can make you feel guilty by throwing out the charge.

Speaking of race, 73% of all black women have children out of wedlock. Being single and raising children is proportional with poverty. But I guess it would be heartless to have those women not have children until they were financially stable and in a secure relationship. Our liberal government promotes irresponsibility.
Canton

Canton, OH

#22433 Nov 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Anticipating your further participation in discussions today, I saved this reply for last:
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Canton. Happy Thanksgiving to all here. At this time of the year, we tend to forget all the negatives and focus on what we have: friends, family, coworkers, neighbors, financial success if you are so fortunate.
No matter what your plight in life is right now, at the very least, you can give thanks that you were born in the greatest country on earth. And it's people like us that make this the greatest country on earth regardless of your political or social positions. Unlike many people in this country, we care enough to come here and discuss our issues. We vote. We get involved.
Well put. When all is said and done, this forum is like that cartoon with the wolf and the sheep dog clocking out at the end of the day. Happy Thanksgiving.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22434 Nov 28, 2013
It Stinks wrote:
I really wanted to vote Demo this time, especially after the HB5 fiasco. But WHY on earth would they pick a running mate with a train load of issues including oweing thousands in taxes? I think the demo candidate is playing the race card to get the black vote and is going to pay a very heavy price. Worse, we are too getting stuck with Kasich another 4.
Not really. He may run for President so it might not be that long. President Kasich. I like it!
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22435 Nov 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. It's just I get sick of these liberals that live in their own little bubble thinking that the conservative point of view is to end all social programs. No conservative believes that, but it's like the race card they always try to play. They figure they can make you feel guilty by throwing out the charge.
Speaking of race, 73% of all black women have children out of wedlock. Being single and raising children is proportional with poverty. But I guess it would be heartless to have those women not have children until they were financially stable and in a secure relationship. Our liberal government promotes irresponsibility.
Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT)

"The CEO of Goldman Sachs is telling the American people to lower their expectations for benefits from Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid so that he and his wealthy friends can keep their tax breaks. Just about the arrogance of these guys on Wall Street who were bailed out by the middle-class of this country when their greed nearly destroyed the International Financial System and now they lecture the American people about the needs to cut programs for working families because of the recession they caused. Maybe the CEO's on Wall Street should lower their expectations before working families lower theirs."

"The GOP has given the wealthiest portion of the population tax breaks and are screaming for more. Then they come before the American people and are saying, we don't have enough money to protect the sick and the old."

It's funny how you think this country was the Garden of Eden until that evil half-black, half-white man got elected into office twice.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#22436 Nov 28, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
"The CEO of Goldman Sachs is telling the American people to lower their expectations for benefits from Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid so that he and his wealthy friends can keep their tax breaks. Just about the arrogance of these guys on Wall Street who were bailed out by the middle-class of this country when their greed nearly destroyed the International Financial System and now they lecture the American people about the needs to cut programs for working families because of the recession they caused. Maybe the CEO's on Wall Street should lower their expectations before working families lower theirs."
"The GOP has given the wealthiest portion of the population tax breaks and are screaming for more. Then they come before the American people and are saying, we don't have enough money to protect the sick and the old."
It's funny how you think this country was the Garden of Eden until that evil half-black, half-white man got elected into office twice.
He is telling the truth too that the American People that have choosen to depend on Social Security, Medicare, & Medicaid better lower their expectations for benefits from Social Security and Medicare and Medicaid because the Federal Government is broke now and the Clinton Adminstaration confirmed it in 2000 and the only way to pay for those Welfare Enititlement programs is to raise taxes substantially since the Federal Government is broke now.

These [Trust Fund] balances are available to finance future benefit payments and other Trust Fund expenditures—but only in a bookkeeping sense.... They do not consist of real economic assets that can be drawn down in the future to fund benefits.

Instead, they are claims on the Treasury that, when redeemed, will
have to be financed by raising taxes, borrowing from the public, or reducing benefits or other expenditures. The existence of large Trust Fund balances, therefore, does not, by itself, have any impact on the Government’s ability to pay benefits.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22437 Nov 28, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
Why don't we start with what caused them to get into that position in the first place: government.

Remember, you can't selloff bad securities unless you have those bad securities to begin with. This all started long ago with the desire to turn irresponsible people into homeowners. It didn't work and couldn't work, but it sure bought a lot of votes.

I don't think our government should bail anybody out be it banks or auto manufacturers. It's bad enough we are creating irresponsible individuals, but now we are funding irresponsible institutions. As long as we keep pumping tax dollars to cover the mistakes of others, nobody will ever learn a thing. They will continue to exist in a precarious way. Secondly we need for government to stop telling businesses how to run their business.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22439 Nov 28, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, all but 2 of her family lived in other states when we met & eventually got married.
Then I was 'blind sided' with helping them 'relocate'. They saw me as a soft touch I guess & I have to admit that I was a soft touch. Like I said, they are professional leaches & parasites.
Why my previous post was 'judged' as it was judged, is interesting to say the least. I wish it wasn't true because telling it is a little embarrassing to me that I set myself up to be helpful & was so taken advantage of. In my defense, I finally threw her butt out and wouldn't have a thing to do with the rest of them.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22440 Nov 28, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>What gets me, according to him he makes a whopping $22,000 a year, yet he backs the idiots that are fighting tooth and nail to suppress wages and workers rights down into the gutter.
Where do you get that I am fighting to suppress wages? Just curious. Heck,of course I wish mine was higher but I get paid what the market pays for my job. I wouldn't expect to get paid $11 an hour to flip burgers any more than I would expect $11 an hour to be a dental hygienist. Pay is all comparative to need,function,training/schooli ng, etc.
I have had much higher paying jobs in the past, much higher! But life unfolds for all of us in different ways for whatever reason(s)& that is just how it goes.

“ I LOVE LIBERALS”

Since: Sep 11

Bellefontaine, OH

#22441 Nov 28, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get that I am fighting to suppress wages? Just curious. Heck,of course I wish mine was higher but I get paid what the market pays for my job. I wouldn't expect to get paid $11 an hour to flip burgers any more than I would expect $11 an hour to be a dental hygienist. Pay is all comparative to need,function,training/schooli ng, etc.
I have had much higher paying jobs in the past, much higher! But life unfolds for all of us in different ways for whatever reason(s)& that is just how it goes.
A good synopsis on life relative to the economic aspect.
Pops

Newport, KY

#22442 Nov 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm certain that some people are missing my msg & that others don't care. I am trying to say that the system needs more supervision & discretion when processing claims.
There will ALWAYS be those that slip thru either way...that's the way all of life is, it can be unfair.
As in my previous post, these people are professional CON artist welfare recipients. Everyone of them capable of working, everyone of them! Why haven't they been caught by now after DECADES? LACK of supervision, that's why.
People like this are stealing tax payer funds that can help the more deserving, that's a double theft!
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#22443 Nov 28, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you get that I am fighting to suppress wages? Just curious. Heck,of course I wish mine was higher but I get paid what the market pays for my job. I wouldn't expect to get paid $11 an hour to flip burgers any more than I would expect $11 an hour to be a dental hygienist. Pay is all comparative to need,function,training/schooli ng, etc.
I think you better re-read that, I didn't say you, it's the backing of the fools that do.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#22444 Nov 28, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, all but 2 of her family lived in other states when we met & eventually got married.
Then I was 'blind sided' with helping them 'relocate'. They saw me as a soft touch I guess & I have to admit that I was a soft touch. Like I said, they are professional leaches & parasites.
Why my previous post was 'judged' as it was judged, is interesting to say the least. I wish it wasn't true because telling it is a little embarrassing to me that I set myself up to be helpful & was so taken advantage of. In my defense, I finally threw her butt out and wouldn't have a thing to do with the rest of them.
Liberals will never understand this. They think companies started up so people could have jobs. It's not business to them, it's a social obligation of some sort.

Liberals believe that if you drop out of school, make no attempt to better yourself, don't invest your money or hold off on a family until you are ready for one, somebody should pay you an excellent wage for turning nuts onto bolts. You are not responsible for the wages you make--your employer is.

Liberals believe they lie in judgment as to who should make what. If a multi-millionaire is paying his workers ten dollars an hour, it's dishonorable, and he should lower his income so that others can have more regardless whether they are worth more or not.

Liberals don't understand that their wages are based on what their work can be sold for. They don't understand that their value is that of what anybody else would work for. Supply and Demand.

So they sit and cry about what employers are paying, and then support a party that wants to grant amnesty so those wages will be lowered even more. And then they have the gall to tell US that "WE" vote against our own interest. LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Dec 21 Califguy 15
Tallmadge police arrest Akron man in theft of p... Dec 14 Lucas Mccain 1
Review: N&M Audio & Repair Dec 8 kevin 1
Samuel D Faulkner, Use of Force expert exposed ... (Oct '13) Nov '14 youre no daisy 6
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Nov '14 Riff 139
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Nov '14 Steve 28
Moving to Ravenna Nov '14 liedto2o14 3
Ravenna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ravenna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ravenna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ravenna

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]