Portage to face civil suit

RAVENNA: A Portage County judge has ruled that Randy Resh and Bob Gondor must file their lawsuit alleging wrongful imprisonment against the county prosecutor's office. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Duke for Mayor

Anaheim, CA

#48 Jun 13, 2008
its me wrote:
personelly i felt they saved 17years of gasoline.
Lets falsely incarcerate you for 17 months and see if you still feel the same way about it.

woof
Joyce Anderson

Avon Lake, OH

#49 Jun 13, 2008
I don't know who the prosecutor was, but I'm praying it's Viggy, and I'm praying that the civil award from the lawsuit exceeds his professional insurance carrier's limits so he'll have to pay the difference out of his pocket. Make my day....he needs to go, he's the reason Portage County is known for being corrupt!

I could write a book on the crooked things he's done, and the facts would be from my personal knowledge of his crooked, unethical behavior.
Politician

Wadsworth, OH

#50 Jun 13, 2008
peppermint g wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the first defense attorney's were not completely at fault for Bob and Randy's miscarriage of justice.
The Portage County prosecutor (David Norris) and his "team" (Muldowney, Buchannen and Ron Craig) were right along with him. It was called "hide and seek." PC had exonerating evidence that could've cleared B&R, but "hid: it and expected the defense attorney's to go "seek" through the files.
Well, it's hard to find something in a file that isn't there to begin with. Then when someone lies on the stand at an evidentiary hearing that they gave ALL evidence to defense attorney's (hand delivered it, if I remember the wording correctly), what is the judge going to do? Call the Prosecutor/team liars? It's PC words against the defense attorney's.
Why in the world would B&R's seasoned defense attorney's, if they had ALL the evidence, NOT use it when your client(s) are facing the death penalty??!!
Doesn't make sense, does it?
I am not in on the whole if it was wouldn't it have been argument. I think the defense lawyers missed it and that is their fault. The whole investigation appears to have been flawed and charges shouldn't have been filed at all. But, the defense attorneys probably just missed it.
Peppermint G

Bedford, OH

#51 Jun 15, 2008
Politician wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not in on the whole if it was wouldn't it have been argument. I think the defense lawyers missed it and that is their fault. The whole investigation appears to have been flawed and charges shouldn't have been filed at all. But, the defense attorneys probably just missed it.
The defense attorney's did NOT "miss" a report from a toxicology lab stating that "blood" in the back of Bob's truck WASN'T blood.

They didn't "miss" the pizza work logs showing when the Domino's workers were there when the pizza was ordered and which date Bob and Randy went there to prove their alibi.

They didn't "miss" many, many statements from potential witnesses stating what they saw that night.

These items WERE NOT in the prosecutor's case file when the defense attorney's went to look at all the evidence before the trial.

This is ALL, FULL OUT CORRUPTION.
Politician

Dayton, OH

#52 Jun 15, 2008
Peppermint G wrote:
<quoted text>
The defense attorney's did NOT "miss" a report from a toxicology lab stating that "blood" in the back of Bob's truck WASN'T blood.
They didn't "miss" the pizza work logs showing when the Domino's workers were there when the pizza was ordered and which date Bob and Randy went there to prove their alibi.
They didn't "miss" many, many statements from potential witnesses stating what they saw that night.
These items WERE NOT in the prosecutor's case file when the defense attorney's went to look at all the evidence before the trial.
Where is your proof of that assertion?
Politician

Dayton, OH

#53 Jun 15, 2008
Peppermint G wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything that you pointed out should have been investigated by the defense. It is not the prosecutions job to investigate for the defense. The defense should have done their own investigation and found those facts. Just because they did not, doesn't automatically mean anything was hidden.

Since: Nov 07

Ohio

#54 Jun 16, 2008
Politician wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything that you pointed out should have been investigated by the defense. It is not the prosecutions job to investigate for the defense. The defense should have done their own investigation and found those facts. Just because they did not, doesn't automatically mean anything was hidden.
The prosecutor has a duty under the law of Rule 16 discovery and Brady v. Maryland that ALL exculpatory evidence IS TO BE formally turned over to the defense.

In this case, the prosecutor CHOSE to put these 19 or so pieces of exculpatory evidence into a box, throw it in his office and never formally turn it into the defense, which he has an ongoing duty to do.
snickers

Akron, OH

#55 Jun 21, 2009
are ravenna employees and officials ever going to be raided or for that matter any other cities drug tested-including alcohol. yes, a drug is a drug is a drug! nothing wrong with a drug task force..let's be fair. by no means am i implying any wrong doing by anyone it seems to me the odds are there for as many employees a city or township may have on their payroll.
sally

Akron, OH

#56 Jun 21, 2009
snickers wrote:
are ravenna employees and officials ever going to be raided or for that matter any other cities drug tested-including alcohol. yes, a drug is a drug is a drug! nothing wrong with a drug task force..let's be fair. by no means am i implying any wrong doing by anyone it seems to me the odds are there for as many employees a city or township may have on their payroll.
I agree with you snickers. I was court ordered to do programs, pay fines, loss of jobs, all do to a member of our portage county judicial system! Maybe I should look into that.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#57 May 5, 2010
Politician wrote:
So because some defense atorneys screwed up years ago, the taxpayers should pay these guys money. I say they were housed and fed for 17 years on taxpayer money, we're even. Give them a nice civil service job and let them earn their money like everybody else.
these men were wrongly convicted. did you say you were an ex politician? i can see why you are an ex!!
daddy knows best

Geneva, OH

#58 Feb 2, 2013
vechery wrote:
They can not gain back the years lost!
PAY THEM!!!
I think someone should find out where Joe Ober was that night!
daddy knows best

Geneva, OH

#59 Feb 2, 2013
Somone needs to chck in to where Joe Ober as that night!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr NRA_RWNJ 31,513
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
speed Sep 17 admirer 1
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Sep 16 Del 138
Going off the grid Sep 15 guest 2
Falls fees nothing less than scam (Jul '08) Sep 15 UNtouchable 186
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Ravenna Dating
Find my Match

Ravenna Jobs

Ravenna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ravenna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ravenna

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]