Big projects ahead for Acme

Big projects ahead for Acme

There are 39 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from May 2, 2008, titled Big projects ahead for Acme. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

It's been a busy few days for Acme Fresh Market officials. The Akron-based grocery chain on Thursday officially unveiled its renovated Kent store and today, Acme returns to Cuyahoga County as it opens a store ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paul

Stow, OH

#1 May 3, 2008
We need an Acme in the Firestone park area. We miss the loss of Acme on Waterloo rd. How about putting one in at the old Tops store at South Plaza. With the price of gas and inconvienience at times we have to drive to Ellet or Manchester rd. Our major grocery buying ia at Giant Eagle and Marcs.
ladyj

Akron, OH

#2 May 3, 2008
Paul wrote:
We need an Acme in the Firestone park area. We miss the loss of Acme on Waterloo rd. How about putting one in at the old Tops store at South Plaza. With the price of gas and inconvienience at times we have to drive to Ellet or Manchester rd. Our major grocery buying ia at Giant Eagle and Marcs.

I agree with you,Paul, why waste a building, the Plaza is convenient for the Firestone Park community,I perfer Acme over Giant Eagle.
tig

Mansfield, OH

#3 May 3, 2008
ladyj wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you Paul, why waste a building, the Plaza is convenient for the Firestone Park community prefer Acme over Giant Eagle.
I also agree. It seems that now TOPS's is no longer, Giant Eagle has no competition for pricing. I would rather shop at a locally owned store then some WALL STREET store!
Playground Mom

Linden, IA

#4 May 3, 2008
It would be wonderful if there was an Acme in the Solon/Twinsburg/Aurora area. The grocery stores here are not up to par. I bought a $35 ham ($7 per pound) at Mustard Seed that has expired a week before I bought it. I got a refund without a problem but I had to drive out of my way to get it. Acme is the best. I've shopped at the one in Hudson recently and their produce excels any that you can get in this area. I really miss Acme.
Michael

Akron, OH

#5 May 3, 2008
This is great news. I am so happy that the new Kent Acme store is 12,000 square feet larger and exactly what shoppers want. If only the Acme/Albrecht cared to solve the nearly 3 year old abscess at the corner of West Market and North Portage Path. That addition in Kent is exactly the size of what the non existent Highland Square Grocery store could be....

Well Thank you Acme and Thank you Albrecht. Good Luck in Parma and Kent. Thanks for giving other communities what they really need and want.
Save A Lot Of Money

Akron, OH

#6 May 3, 2008
Shop at a Super Wal Mart, Acme is too expensive for groceries by comparison shopping. Meat is good there though.
Alan

Mansfield, OH

#7 May 3, 2008
Let's hope they haven't forgotten to upgrade their parking lot security as well.
HoneyGirl

Mentor, OH

#8 May 3, 2008
I wish they would bring back the big Acme Click store to Cuyahoga Falls. The one on State Road was the best store ever. You could buy everything there from groceries to clothing, etc... and the prices were great !
Akronite

Akron, OH

#9 May 3, 2008
Alan wrote:
Let's hope they haven't forgotten to upgrade their parking lot security as well.
The Cuyahoga Falls Acme needs a serious bakery upgrade. I understand that they buy most of what is there now and really only bake a few donuts. Not nearly enough for the people that love them. There are a few fresh baked pies but they look discusting. Whats up with that? The Hudson bakery is fantastic. Why cant Cuyahoga Falls have a good bakery? Or is the problem a matter of a crappy baker who they cant get rid of because they are union??!! I spoke with her once about the lack of baked goods. She was less than pleasant and sounded about 90 years old.
hostess says

Shelby, OH

#10 May 3, 2008
Paul wrote:
We need an Acme in the Firestone park area. We miss the loss of Acme on Waterloo rd. How about putting one in at the old Tops store at South Plaza. With the price of gas and inconvienience at times we have to drive to Ellet or Manchester rd. Our major grocery buying ia at Giant Eagle and Marcs.
I'm not sure if you know but, there is a new Firestone Park IGA on Hammel.

Miss Grundy

Stow, OH

#11 May 3, 2008
I love Acme. I've been shopping at Acme 1 for years. Employees are pleasant and helpful, produce is excellent, seafood is great. Thank you, Acme.
ACMEFM

Strongsville, OH

#12 May 3, 2008
Paul wrote:
We need an Acme in the Firestone park area. We miss the loss of Acme on Waterloo rd. How about putting one in at the old Tops store at South Plaza. With the price of gas and inconvienience at times we have to drive to Ellet or Manchester rd. Our major grocery buying ia at Giant Eagle and Marcs.
ACME does not put stores in the hood anymore..they will get robbed blind and the customers will trash the stores...
ACMEFM

Strongsville, OH

#13 May 3, 2008
HoneyGirl wrote:
I wish they would bring back the big Acme Click store to Cuyahoga Falls. The one on State Road was the best store ever. You could buy everything there from groceries to clothing, etc... and the prices were great !
That business model no longer works...thats why they moved to focus on groceries only..
Park resident

AOL

#15 May 3, 2008
hostess says wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if you know but, there is a new Firestone Park IGA on Hammel.
This is true, however, it's technically not in Firestone Park. FP's cutoff is North Firestone Blvd. Anything north of that is considered South Akron (it's on a map of Akron). Also, the IGA (formerly May's) is high-priced unless they have a good buy on milk, etc. Not to mention it's very small compared to an ACME.
Park resident

AOL

#16 May 3, 2008
ACMEFM wrote:
<quoted text>
ACME does not put stores in the hood anymore..they will get robbed blind and the customers will trash the stores...
Actually, South Plaza isn't "the hood." It's just that people from "the hood" portion of Firestone Park go there to shop (usually on welfare).
Park resident

AOL

#17 May 3, 2008
ACMEFM wrote:
<quoted text>
ACME does not put stores in the hood anymore..they will get robbed blind and the customers will trash the stores...
Actually, South Plaza is not in "the hood." It's the people from "the hood" portion of Firestone Park who come to shop there (usually with food stamps).
Park resident

AOL

#18 May 3, 2008
Sorry that posted twice...I had a computer glitch.
huh

Stow, OH

#20 May 4, 2008
where is our highland square grocery store, albrecht??
lizzy

Medina, OH

#21 May 4, 2008
If you think FP is the hood then you don't get out much! There are people who live on the outskirts that come to Waterloo that are from the hood. FP is a decent community! That Acme we had way back when was wonderful!

If Wal-Mart gave away free groceries I would not buy from there, I like the locally owned stores. Well, with gas prices I might though...lol!
Park resident

AOL

#22 May 4, 2008
lizzy wrote:
If you think FP is the hood then you don't get out much! There are people who live on the outskirts that come to Waterloo that are from the hood. FP is a decent community! That Acme we had way back when was wonderful!
If Wal-Mart gave away free groceries I would not buy from there, I like the locally owned stores. Well, with gas prices I might though...lol!
I agree with you that FP isn't the hood, but it's getting bad. Too many rentals. And I've lived her for 30 years--all my life. I don't like Wal-Mart either, but a lot of times they are cheaper and you gotta do what you gotta do. We frequent the one in Brimfield...the Supercenter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Portage-County 34 mins ago 9:26 p.m.Dead body f... Apr 8 GANGBUSTERS 3
Deke Rivers (Jan '12) Apr 2 One who knows 2
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Mar '17 Shemp 161
News Request rubs Ravenna Twp. the wrong way Plan fo... (Sep '07) Mar '17 Sal The Barber 56
Holiday Sands (Jul '06) Mar '17 Russ 203
Congrats to KSU Flashes Mar '17 classmate 1
News Falls fees nothing less than scam (Jul '08) Mar '17 stow_sufferer 187

Ravenna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ravenna Mortgages