Ravenna Student Teacher Accused of Se...

Ravenna Student Teacher Accused of Sex With 15-Year-Old

There are 39 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from May 15, 2010, titled Ravenna Student Teacher Accused of Sex With 15-Year-Old. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A student teacher was set to graduate from Kent State University Saturday, but instead she is on house arrest, facing charges that could end her teaching career before it even began.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
abc123

Galena, OH

#22 May 16, 2010
This ain't the first incident at Southeast, just the first one that went public.
123abc

Galena, OH

#23 May 16, 2010
This is not the first incident. Too bad she was a student teacher instead of a teacher. If she was a teacher, they would have washed it under the table like all the others.
someone out there

Kent, OH

#24 May 16, 2010
Get the FULL story wrote:
Please people. Do not judge this girl. She is innocent until proven guilty!!!! I myself know Ms. Yusko, and believe she Is innocent!!
I quote, "Lt. Johnson says that Yusko has been upfront and cooperative since her arrest." I think this means she has admitted guilt and being cooperative in the steps that follow....DUH! YOU might believe she's innocent, but NO ONE ELSE DOES! LOL
mad

Ashtabula, OH

#25 May 16, 2010
outraged wrote:
If the teacher was a 22 year old man and the student a 15 year old girl, everybody would be calling for everything from killing him to neutering him. But, when the attacker is female and the victim is male, everyone chuckles and makes jokes. Just watch,I predict she will get probation. If she was a man, she would get a long prison term and be on the sexual offender list for life.
I agree with you completely. We had the same thing happen where I live but it was a 22 year old male teacher with a 17 year old student everyone acted like it was just so wrong which it was but I agree with you
istvan

Jamestown, NY

#26 May 16, 2010
#17 Im talking about hughe Hefner, and they make age difference no problem.

Don't blame the 22yo having a relationship with a 15 yo , blame it on the society . Society make it looks wrong so of course people will be tempted to do it

And since when a 15 yo boy is a victim??Lucky kid , I wish i had 22 yo lovers hell even if they we're some hot 40 years olds i would mind it when i was 15 yo
jennifer R

Galena, OH

#29 May 17, 2010
i wouldnt of thought our school of SOUTHEAST HIGH SCHOOL would have anything to do with sexual charges..and against a student teacher?!?desperate much?
This is ridiculous.
This is embarrassing.
This really makes our school look awesome!=/
Somechick

Erie, PA

#30 May 17, 2010
It's wrong that she would even think about doing anything with a student let alone actually doing it! I had her as a student teacher, from day one i knew there was something funny about her, she always treated they guys better then the girls, which is wrong, we did a worksheet with partner, my partner was a guy, we had the same answers, but i missed more then he did. That's when i knew for sure that there was something not right in the picture. She has to feel ignorant for what she did. She honestly made southeast look even more worse then it already does. Woww. But of course i'm sure that not many people will think this is a big deal, but it kind of is. She is sick minded.
jen

Chagrin Falls, OH

#31 May 18, 2010
lol yeah really

“A work in progress”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#32 May 18, 2010
Way to go lady! You just blew your entire career away and now owe thousands of dollars on an education you will never use! Good thing they caught you before you could do this to any other kids. Imagine if he was younger, or if the teacher was a man with your daughter. Then MORE people would really be outraged and they should be. Age isn't the point! The point is she was an entrusted part of this facility and she befriended a student for her own sick gain. Why not wait until he was of age or find someone your own age to date even? When you are a teacher you have certain responsibilities to full-fill and preying on teens isn't one of them.
Roland

Valley City, OH

#33 May 18, 2010
Whats the big deal? This kid couldnt wait to get a taste of that. I mean to him its an older woman and he would have done anything to get in those pants. The only crime here is punishing this girl to this extent. This was a bad choice on her part but it did not in any way harm the boy. I actually helped him grow in many ways and he loved every minute of it.
ram

Amherst, OH

#34 May 21, 2010
First of all there are two sides to the story and we all know how the media overplays details and is so quick to judge. Melanie is an honest hardworking girl whom i have had the honor of working with and we cannot pass judgement on her. She is not alone in the matter. There is a 15 year old also and she should graduate from Kent State--why don't you put yourself in her shoes and please don't be so quick to judge. I am sure he is the king of the school. We all know how teenage boys are. Melanie will be in my prayers--maybe instead of all the judging we should pray for both parties involved.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#35 May 21, 2010
It's amazing to me the school claims it contacted the police, children's services and Kent State but apparently didn't see the need to contact the kid's parents.

The principal was probably high-fiving the 15 year old and spanking his monkey under the desk while the kid was being interviewed about it.

Medina, OH

#36 May 21, 2010
I love (being sarcastic, of course) how the course of thinking changes when illegal relationships involve an older woman and a younger boy.

This woman is sick in the head, as any adult would have to be to engage in such behavior with someone so young.

Location hidden

#37 May 21, 2010
GGG-87 wrote:
I love (being sarcastic, of course) how the course of thinking changes when illegal relationships involve an older woman and a younger boy.
This woman is sick in the head, as any adult would have to be to engage in such behavior with someone so young.
She's a chunky homely young girl. I would surmise the last time she had so much as a minor relationship with a male was when she was 15. She finally had the opportunity to pick up where she left off.
That guy

Erie, PA

#38 May 21, 2010
Ann Porter, you're not too far off track.
I am a graduate of Southeast and I know of the Pennington kid. He really isn't the sharpest crayon in the box. So your assessment is almost spot on.
mayfield06

Cleveland, OH

#39 May 26, 2010
outraged wrote:
If the teacher was a 22 year old man and the student a 15 year old girl, everybody would be calling for everything from killing him to neutering him. But, when the attacker is female and the victim is male, everyone chuckles and makes jokes. Just watch,I predict she will get probation. If she was a man, she would get a long prison term and be on the sexual offender list for life.
Grew up with her and attended Kent together and I agree with you. No matter what anyone thought about her character - that's exactly what she deserves! Prison time and the sex offender list for life. I'm disgusted that this is what is being associated with Kent State University and their education program. For lack of a more eloquent phrase, what a complete moron.
Janice

Buffalo, NY

#40 Jun 1, 2010
I think what is called for here is to find out the truth. Only 2 people know the truth. And, remember people, 2 person's lives are involved here. I am disturbed by the "guilty until proven innocent" comments and opinions that are flooding forth from people who have no knowledge of this situation. I have known this young woman since she was a baby and she is a very good person. Let us all be responsible with our comments please.

Location hidden

#41 Jun 1, 2010
Janice wrote:
I think what is called for here is to find out the truth. Only 2 people know the truth. And, remember people, 2 person's lives are involved here. I am disturbed by the "guilty until proven innocent" comments and opinions that are flooding forth from people who have no knowledge of this situation. I have known this young woman since she was a baby and she is a very good person. Let us all be responsible with our comments please.
Oh. Okay. Id iot.

“Not Perfect, Just Forgiven”

Bloom Where You're Planted!

#42 Jun 1, 2010
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't either if you can't even see that "he do not speak too good" is not proper english. Before you go and judge somebody, how about you evaluate yourself first. Besides, this isn't about who speaks the best english. It's about a sick minded woman who made an idiotic mistake.
I believe the poster you responded to was being sarcastic.
With that being said, I agree that we're lucky she got caught when she did. She was totally in the wrong. She should NOT graduate, because she messed around with one of her students and I'm pretty sure that's not on the list of requirements needed. If they let her off the hook, and allow her to have her teaching license, well, it'll be just a matter of time...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) 13 hr Shemp 161
News Request rubs Ravenna Twp. the wrong way Plan fo... (Sep '07) Mar 27 Sal The Barber 56
Holiday Sands (Jul '06) Mar 27 Russ 203
Congrats to KSU Flashes Mar 13 classmate 1
News Falls fees nothing less than scam (Jul '08) Mar 3 stow_sufferer 187
SGT James Henry Necomer Feb '17 538th Engineers l... 1
hello Portage people. Feb '17 junebug 1

Ravenna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ravenna Mortgages