Ravenna Student Teacher Accused of Se...

Ravenna Student Teacher Accused of Sex With 15-Year-Old

There are 39 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from May 15, 2010, titled Ravenna Student Teacher Accused of Sex With 15-Year-Old. In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

A student teacher was set to graduate from Kent State University Saturday, but instead she is on house arrest, facing charges that could end her teaching career before it even began.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jbd612

AOL

#1 May 15, 2010
It's unbelievable someone with such a bright future could act so foolishly. What on earth would compel someone to do such a stupid thing???
April and Jimmy

Berea, OH

#2 May 15, 2010
"The lines get a little blurred because there's not a big age difference, but [the faculty are] holding a position of authority and because of that, there's a higher expectation of their conduct," explains Detective Greg Johnson.

WHAT????????

These women messing around with these young boys is disgusting. I do not care who you are. If you are 22 and nearing graduation from college you have serious problmes if you are attracted to a 15 year old little boy.
Pat

Cleveland, OH

#3 May 15, 2010
Young man is what he is...not a little boy
istvan

Jamestown, NY

#4 May 15, 2010
but when a 89 years old having 6 gf ages between 22-26 is not wrong :-)

Hypocrites
ttt

North Ridgeville, OH

#5 May 15, 2010
Pat wrote:
Young man is what he is...not a little boy
You are wrong!
outraged

Sterling Heights, MI

#6 May 15, 2010
If the teacher was a 22 year old man and the student a 15 year old girl, everybody would be calling for everything from killing him to neutering him. But, when the attacker is female and the victim is male, everyone chuckles and makes jokes. Just watch,I predict she will get probation. If she was a man, she would get a long prison term and be on the sexual offender list for life.
unCommonSense

Lorain, OH

#7 May 15, 2010
I understand the outrage about teachers and students, but don't make it about the age difference.
It should be about the line that no teacher should cross. NEVER should a teacher be romantically linked with a current student. Period. Not a kiss let alone sex.
Most 15 year olds who are sexually active aren't going to be traumatized for life by having a sexual relationship with an 'adult' any more than having one with another young kid. It's stupid that it's legal for 2 kids to do something, but not for one adult and one kid.
chulachaser2

Plano, TX

#8 May 15, 2010
outraged wrote:
If the teacher was a 22 year old man and the student a 15 year old girl, everybody would be calling for everything from killing him to neutering him. But, when the attacker is female and the victim is male, everyone chuckles and makes jokes. Just watch,I predict she will get probation. If she was a man, she would get a long prison term and be on the sexual offender list for life.
attacker??? really??? poor kid, i bet he's the envy of the school.
chulachaser2

Plano, TX

#9 May 15, 2010
attacker????? really???? poor kid, I bet he's the envy of the school. now he has to live with that (or brag about it) for the rest of his life.
Felix

Cleveland, OH

#10 May 15, 2010
"A spokesperson for Kent State says Yusko did not attend commencement ceremonies Saturday, and the university has not yet decided if she will be allowed to receive her degree"!! I am totally confused by this statement!! Why the hell is Kent State thinking about not letting this woman receive her degree? She fulfilled all of the requirements and she is innocent until proven guilty. Kent State needs to grant this woman her degree that she has earned. I realize that these allegations are severe and she needs to be punished if these allegations are true, but the granting of this woman's degree is totally independent of the outcome of these allegations and therefore, Kent State is obligated to grant this woman her degree since she has fulfilled her degree requirements. It is not the responsibility of Kent State to become judge and jury by denying this woman her degree.
Just Me

Mogadore, OH

#11 May 15, 2010
It's funny how most of you people automatically assume she had sex with a MALE student. NOWHERE in that TV report or in the written transcript did they mention whether the student was a male or a female. They were very generic about it; I don't know if that was on purpose, or if the reporter is just an idiot for leaving out that detail. Go back and watch it again BEFORE you get yourselves in an uproar about young males being abused. The teacher could have been with a FEMALE student. Either way, though, that adult teacher is certainly way out of line.
Unkown

Stow, OH

#12 May 15, 2010
As a student teacher at Kent State....sucessfully completing student teaching is required to gain your degree......sounds like she did not successfully complete it....
Zach

Erie, PA

#13 May 15, 2010
Yo I had ms yusko she was a good teacher it sucks to see this happen
Get the FULL story

Port Clinton, OH

#14 May 15, 2010
Please people. Do not judge this girl. She is innocent until proven guilty!!!! I myself know Ms. Yusko, and believe she Is innocent!!
Always Stressed

Cleveland, OH

#16 May 16, 2010
Lucky kid!!

Uniontown, OH

#17 May 16, 2010
istvan wrote:
but when a 89 years old having 6 gf ages between 22-26 is not wrong :-)
Hypocrites
In Ohio anyone over 21 yrs is an adult. Considering the age differences that you have mentioned, the bf's or gf's are usually in it for the $$$$.

“YOUR STUPIDITY”

Since: Apr 10

IS APPALLING!

#18 May 16, 2010
SICK and WRONG!
:-(
Ann Porter

Cleveland, OH

#19 May 16, 2010
"We weren't expecting that to come through our school, like that, so, we thought we were better than that but we got let down, I guess," Pennington says.
LET'S LET HIM GRADUATE. HE PASSED ENGLISH??? HE DO NOT SPEAK TOO GOOD.
johnny-rotton

Little Elm, TX

#20 May 16, 2010
Whats wrong with this woman that she can't get a man?
She should be put in prison if found guilty.
abc

Canton, OH

#21 May 16, 2010
Ann Porter wrote:
"We weren't expecting that to come through our school, like that, so, we thought we were better than that but we got let down, I guess," Pennington says.
LET'S LET HIM GRADUATE. HE PASSED ENGLISH??? HE DO NOT SPEAK TOO GOOD.
Obviously you don't either if you can't even see that "he do not speak too good" is not proper english. Before you go and judge somebody, how about you evaluate yourself first. Besides, this isn't about who speaks the best english. It's about a sick minded woman who made an idiotic mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio.com - Akron teachers ratify pact (Aug '07) Mon bigguy 51
brad keen (Jun '12) Aug 10 Carla miller 2
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jul '16 Shemp 152
Grade Attorney Dennis Day Lager Public Defender (Feb '15) Jun '16 vagrant living i... 6
Stripped Screw Jun '16 Shaft 3
Crime watch May '16 Gop 1
rat boy (Nov '08) Apr '16 Bad Boy Club 30

Ravenna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ravenna Mortgages