Springfield Lake fest to include boat...

Springfield Lake fest to include boat races

There are 21 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Apr 17, 2008, titled Springfield Lake fest to include boat races. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Powerboat racing is returning to Springfield Lake. The high-speed sport disappeared from the lake in the early 1990s, but will return during Lakemore and Springfield Township's three-day Rock the Docks ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
John

Yorba Linda, CA

#1 Apr 17, 2008
Great news! The races were always awesome here back in the 1990's!! It is great for the city of Lakemore & Springfield to hold this great event on such a beautiful lake as Springfield Lake!
Great job Mayor!
Chad

United States

#2 Apr 17, 2008
It is about time there is something good being talked about Lakemore and Springfield. This Mayor has been in office for less than 6 months and already has brought in more people and money then the old Mayor did in years. That guy couldn't even keep track of the money we had, let alone bring in new money and people!!

I for one will definitely be attending this event! Good job Mayor Mike!!
common man

Herndon, VA

#3 Apr 17, 2008
They should put the revenue raised into the schools. Show the rest of the state how to fund schools without raising our tax base. If I'm not mistaken doesn't Lakemore use the springfield jr & high schools.
LBJ

Taunton, MA

#4 Apr 17, 2008
IF YOU DON'T LIKE BOAT RACES MAYBE DEAN CAN BEAT HIS WIFE FOR US.
Melissa

Anaheim, CA

#5 Apr 17, 2008
I think this is a great idea! I enjoyed the boat races as a kid and look forward to them again. It is good to see something positive coming from Lakemore, they are making a huge effort to clean it up and attract positive attention.
Calvin

United States

#6 Apr 17, 2008
Mayor Mike is trying his best and I have all the confidence in the world in him. I would like to see the streets fixed so I could get my boat to the launch ramp from the east side of town.
underlying reasons

Akron, OH

#7 Apr 17, 2008
I like live at the lake in the summer. This is going to be so cool. Thank You to all bringing this together.
Doug

Cleveland, OH

#8 Apr 17, 2008
I remember the races as a kid as well. I always wondered what happened to them. It was a lot of fun back then.
Amen Calvin

Akron, OH

#9 Apr 17, 2008
Calvin wrote:
I would like to see the streets fixed so I could get my boat to the launch ramp from the east side of town.
I agree. The streets are atrocious! On his way to the Post Office Saturday, my friend saw a guy's wheel break off when he hit a pothole. And the road from there to Tri County plaza isn't even drivable!

But it is nice to see the village taking steps in a positive direction.
Resident

Butler, OH

#10 Apr 17, 2008
LBJ wrote:
IF YOU DON'T LIKE BOAT RACES MAYBE DEAN CAN BEAT HIS WIFE FOR US.
It figures that someone who doesn't care about the Springfield/Lakemore area would be so negative. Get a life LBJ!
Inside looking Out

United States

#11 Apr 17, 2008
Run this guy for President, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat! Great job Mayor, maybe I'll move from the "Dons" stronghold to somewhere that has a leader with vision and guts !!!
Leadership is rare

United States

#12 Apr 17, 2008
WOW, what can we say. The guy just keeps on gettin things done. How long has he been office. I'm impressed with someone that finally gets something done instead of just talking all day. To bad the former mayor can't enjoy whats happening. What a putz that guy was, looked like a white haired old man that was looking for his rocking chair. Watch what the new mayor is getting done and maybe you can learn something about leadership. BTW - when is Lakemore getting the Mayors court? Another great idea, I just hope you are in this for the long haul and not just 4 years. This area is needs leadership and this Mayor IS a LEADER.
Village Resident

Akron, OH

#13 Apr 17, 2008
I know that it is a tad off-topic, but just to mention that the access road to the plaza is private property owned by the plaza, so that's tough to do, else the village would end up paving everyone's driveway...
Secondly, they are beginning the infrastructure construction, I believe on the sewers and what-not this spring/summer. So be patient as far as the roads are concerned. It would be silly to pave the roads in April if they are going to tear them up in May.:)
Mayor Mike

United States

#14 Apr 17, 2008
Thank you for all your kind words of encouragement. This is not a Mayor Mike effort alone … it’s a shared community effort and I’m just proud to be able to be a small part of what’s happening. As a community, we have been silent and ignored. Now, it’s our turn to shine :)
Pat

Annapolis, MD

#15 Apr 18, 2008
We want to see our township and lake area represented in a positve way and what better way than to introduce a great summer event. Hope we see a lot of people take part in all the events that are planned.
Pat

Annapolis, MD

#16 Apr 18, 2008
We want to see our township and lake represented in a very positive way and what better way than to introduce such a great event. We hope to see many people take advantage of this summer's event and fun activities.
I Wonder

AOL

#17 Apr 18, 2008
Remember folks, it's not just about Lakemore.
We still have some VERY PROUD PEOPLE IN SPRINGFIELD TWP. TOO!!!
It takes all of us not just one new Mayor. Even though he does seem to be making a little difference there in Lakemore.
We need some SPRIT here in ole Springfield. And yes, I go way, way back.Born & Raised here.And Proud of it!
WE NEED TO BE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE WHOLE COMMUNITY.
joshua

Cleveland, OH

#18 Jul 4, 2008
can we fish their
rosie

Chagrin Falls, OH

#19 Jul 10, 2008
I use to live in the village.Iam glad to see the
races back at the lake.It brings back alot of
memories.
rosie

Chagrin Falls, OH

#20 Jul 10, 2008
joshua wrote:
can we fish their
you used to be able to when i lived there but i don't know if you can fish there now
\\

but i don't think you can dering the races

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio.com - Akron teachers ratify pact (Aug '07) Aug 22 bigguy 51
brad keen (Jun '12) Aug 10 Carla miller 2
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Jul '16 Shemp 152
Grade Attorney Dennis Day Lager Public Defender (Feb '15) Jun '16 vagrant living i... 6
Stripped Screw Jun '16 Shaft 3
Crime watch May '16 Gop 1
rat boy (Nov '08) Apr '16 Bad Boy Club 30

Ravenna Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ravenna Mortgages