Vegetarian lifestyle catching on

The love of pets has led more than a few local folks to make hard choices where their diet is concerned. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ginger

AOL

#1 Feb 2, 2008
I'm sure before this century is over,
people will look back on these meat eating times as the dark ages. I mean even if you don't care about the animals or the planet, why would any
sane person want to eat cut up animal insides?
The answer is....they've been brainwashed by the old ones & never gave it any thought.
Now we know.....so now we have to stop this crazyness.
It's not pleasant to be around people who still eat meat because they have that unpleasant dead meat smell about them.
Vegetarian

Solon, OH

#2 Feb 2, 2008
After not eating meat for 25 years, its hard to imagine why people even do. There are so many tasty humane alternatives to meat that don't inflict cruelty on other living things. I have never been healthier either. I run, work out, have plenty of energy and never get sick and I don't depend on eating the bodies of another living creature.
Browns Fan in DC

Arlington, VA

#3 Feb 2, 2008
Vegetarian wrote:
After not eating meat for 25 years, its hard to imagine why people even do. There are so many tasty humane alternatives to meat that don't inflict cruelty on other living things. I have never been healthier either. I run, work out, have plenty of energy and never get sick and I don't depend on eating the bodies of another living creature.
Funny, I was pretty sure plants are alive.
Use Common Sense

Cleveland, OH

#4 Feb 2, 2008
Dear vegetarian Wackos..

I'm sure glad you've found a lifestyle you're comfortable with.. I hope you stay well and healthy. As long as it doesn't cost me anything or affect my life in anyway I love to read when people are comfortable. I personally can't wait for my next steak dinner, cooked medium rare with a baked potato with bacon and butter. Mmmmm Mmmm. Oh, by the way Humus isn't what I'd call a good alternative to a nicely grilled steak.
patrick7

Circleville, OH

#5 Feb 2, 2008
There is room for all God's creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes and peas.
Ann Gina

Cleveland, OH

#6 Feb 2, 2008
Look at all of the fatties everywhere, I dont think they are havings seconds thirds fourths or fifths of vegetables.It didnt help Linda McCartney.
Truly Inspired

Chicago, IL

#7 Feb 2, 2008
This story has inspired me to take my family to The Diamond Grille tonight for steaks. It sure will beat the spaghetti dinner that we were planning.
Thanks for the idea, Connie!
RoyalSequoia

Quincy, MA

#8 Feb 2, 2008
for all of you out there enjoying your steaks tonight- remember this- there is a government allowable amount of sh*t and pus in your meat. you see alot of those cows Sh*t themselves when they are slaughtered and their heavy corpses regularly slide off of the meat hooks and fall into the pools of blood and Sh*t on the floor and no one washes that off for you...bon appetit!
Use Common Sense

Cleveland, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2008
RoyalSequoia
Thanks the best bunch of BS I've read in a while. Thanks and have a good Super Bowl weekend. I love it..
RoyalSequoia

Wakefield, MA

#11 Feb 2, 2008
think whatever you want - what do i care if you don't believe it, or if your choice of groceries has fecal matter on it- i know people who own a meat packing plant who'll tell you its the god's honest truth. there's an allowable amount of pus and blood in your milk too! lol.
George N

Greer, SC

#12 Feb 2, 2008
RoyalSequoia wrote:
think whatever you want - what do i care if you don't believe it, or if your choice of groceries has fecal matter on it- i know people who own a meat packing plant who'll tell you its the god's honest truth. there's an allowable amount of pus and blood in your milk too! lol.
Fecal matter exists on organic produce, the sacramental fetish of the veggie crowd, as well. Remember the e-coli on the green onions and other salad items that sickened many? I always ask veggies how eskimos and others survived where agriculture was impossible.

Since man began walking this earth, hunting cultures developed out of neccesity to survive. Some cultures then domesticated animals so that families could settle instead of following game. Dairying then developed.

I think vegetarianism may indeed be healthier, but please spare me the sancitimonious self-congratulation many in that crowd exhibit.
Meaty Bones

Norwalk, OH

#13 Feb 2, 2008
Vegetarian wrote:
I have cows and I raise them for one reason only. To slaughter them and eat their meat. I like to eat my steaks rare & bloody. Whether it be hamburger or steak, I eat red meat everyday! I eat vegetables also.
Voice of Reality

Norwalk, OH

#14 Feb 2, 2008
Ginger wrote:
I'm sure before this century is over,
people will look back on these meat eating times as the dark ages. I mean even if you don't care about the animals or the planet, why would any
sane person want to eat cut up animal insides?
The answer is....they've been brainwashed by the old ones & never gave it any thought.
Now we know.....so now we have to stop this crazyness.
It's not pleasant to be around people who still eat meat because they have that unpleasant dead meat smell about them.
Get some help Ginger, it's not too late.
Scott

AOL

#15 Feb 3, 2008
If you want to be a happy vegetarian take a look at "American Wholefoods Cuisine" considered the "Vegetarian Joy of Cooking."For more than 35 years hundreds of a thousands of people have relied on it for a healthy and interesting veg diet. Coauthored by a Cornell trained nutritionist it includes nutrition, food preparation and 200 "fast food recipes" among its 1300.More at www.HealthyHighways.com Note remarkable user comments.
More Bacon

Norwalk, OH

#16 Feb 3, 2008
Scott wrote:
If you want to be a happy vegetarian take a look at "American Wholefoods Cuisine" considered the "Vegetarian Joy of Cooking."For more than 35 years hundreds of a thousands of people have relied on it for a healthy and interesting veg diet. Coauthored by a Cornell trained nutritionist it includes nutrition, food preparation and 200 "fast food recipes" among its 1300.More at www.HealthyHighways.com Note remarkable user comments.
All this talk about food is making me hungry....Let me go into the barn and kill a pig. I am hungry fot some bacon. And maybe some pork chops tonight durng the superbowl. Thanks for the idea. Whats the difference, we grow these poor vegatables only to violently pluck them from the earth, cut them and dismember them so that we can eat them. This is the same thing we do to the animals. What is the difference? You secret meat lover!
RoyalSequoia

Quincy, MA

#17 Feb 3, 2008
George N wrote:
<quoted text>
Fecal matter exists on organic produce, the sacramental fetish of the veggie crowd, as well. Remember the e-coli on the green onions and other salad items that sickened many? I always ask veggies how eskimos and others survived where agriculture was impossible.
Since man began walking this earth, hunting cultures developed out of neccesity to survive. Some cultures then domesticated animals so that families could settle instead of following game. Dairying then developed.
I think vegetarianism may indeed be healthier, but please spare me the sancitimonious self-congratulation many in that crowd exhibit.
i'm certainly not congratulating myself for anything- i just thought they might want to know what may be lurking on their steaks! and you are absolutley right - there are contaminants in alot of foods- there are an average of one to two maggots in every frozen pizza you buy and allowable amounts of rat hair and bug parts in your peanut butter. I've seen animals slaughtered firsthand - and it isn't something i would personally choose to promote or participate in... really its as simple as that. there is nothing natural or healthy about today's "factory farming" methods- it is a situation far removed from the agricultural past- check out this article at www.nytimes.com by mark bittman entitled "The World: Rethinking the Meat Guzzler" from the jan. 28th 2008 edition... interesting no matter which side you're on.
Pretty in Pink

Akron, OH

#18 Feb 4, 2008
Great NYT article, Royal. Thanks for sharing it. Everyone should read it but most will not because they don't want to know where their meat comes from. Ignorance is NOT bliss people.
Use Common Sense

Cleveland, OH

#19 Feb 4, 2008
I know that when my septic tank is pumped it gets dump in someones garden somewhere. Isn't that fecal matter?
Edge

Moundsville, WV

#20 Feb 4, 2008
My ancestors didn't claw their way up the food chain so I could eat twigs and berrys.
Bacon Bits

Norwalk, OH

#21 Feb 4, 2008
Just had a nice juicy, bloody, rare steak..yum

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Dec 21 Califguy 15
Tallmadge police arrest Akron man in theft of p... Dec 14 Lucas Mccain 1
Review: N&M Audio & Repair Dec 8 kevin 1
Samuel D Faulkner, Use of Force expert exposed ... (Oct '13) Nov '14 youre no daisy 6
Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) Nov '14 Riff 139
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Nov '14 Steve 28
Moving to Ravenna Nov '14 liedto2o14 3
Ravenna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ravenna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ravenna News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ravenna

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]