Gag order in Resh trial

Gag order in Resh trial

There are 3 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Mar 3, 2007, titled Gag order in Resh trial. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

A Portage County judge issued a gag order Friday to Randy Resh, his lawyers and all court personnel involved in his case while he awaits a new trial in the 1988 slaying of a Randolph Township woman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

afraid to say

AOL

#1 Mar 7, 2007
Thank you for bringing out the truth about "how we do things here" in Portage County. I have watched this kind of thing go on my entire life. I have seen Pitman be downright rude and discourteous to lawyers who come from out of the county. I have seen Kainrad totally disregard constitutional rights and refuse to acknowledge anything that would be just when he does not like to offender. He basically ignores Supreme Court rulings just as Pitman does. Please continue to speak up and bring this out in the open because if it wasn't for reporters with guts the truth would never have come out. The only reason Pitman wants a gag order is for the benefit of the prosecution because she knows those two men were wrongfully imprisoned and any publicity would work in their favor. I don't recall a gag order being issued on any other trial around here. In fact just the opposite...I have seen defendants dragged through the mud to bring bad news out into the open. GOOD LUCK Bob and Randy!!!!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#2 Sep 17, 2010
they won there money didn't they? i heard they did? sad they had to suffer that many years.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#3 Sep 28, 2010
Yes Laurie Pittman is not working for the public.
She has big parties at her house for the Sheriffs & Social Works in Portage county.
Do not expect a fair trial!
Then there are the parties at her family's campgrounds too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wayne Dawson (Oct '09) May 22 Minemum 177
News May 4 survivor speaks at Kent Stark Apr '18 Jeff Stephens 1
Arnett family search? Apr '18 Family 2
Looking for Lorie (Jun '10) Mar '18 Smiley 27
Stow High shooting in 1972 (Oct '12) Mar '18 MichaelJ 32
Kent state police Feb '18 Kentkid992 1
News New Akron law tightens panhandling (Jun '08) Jan '18 Homeless Wino Pete 176

Ravenna Jobs

Personal Finance

Ravenna Mortgages