Mystery Delphi plant owner unraveling

We reported Tuesday night commercial real estate broker Todd Kamps of Colburn Hundley Inc. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joel

Holland, MI

#1 Nov 19, 2008
Another mystery project? Lets not smother them this time.
Steve

AOL

#2 Nov 20, 2008
It's probably someone that will fill the plant with mostly workers that have come from Mexico in recent years. Wouldn't surprise me if the buyer is associated with GM somehow. They will end up with some big tax exemption too. These tax exemptions to the rich are not doing our economy any good.

Since: Jul 07

Key West

#3 Nov 20, 2008
http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/neighbors....

A small pair of wooden shoes sits on the doorstep, surrounded by the lavish fountains and stylish stone walkways of Arie de Jong's 6,000-square-foot Mediterranean ranch.

The Dutch farming shoes serve as a reminder to the de Jongs of the "old country" and their years of hard work.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/10/30/ne...

“Part of the uninformed masses.”

Since: Jun 08

Grand Rapids

#4 Nov 20, 2008
Unraveling? Nothing like hyping up the non story with a sensational title... no wonder people behind these projects keep gag orders on staff and participants. I think the intern who wrote this should get back to doing weather on the local Fox affiliate.
Tim

Greenville, MI

#5 Nov 20, 2008
Remember the days when people knew when to say
"It's none of your busines "
noneyuh

Grand Rapids, MI

#6 Nov 20, 2008
Maybe the former delphi workers can get jobs again there, and learn how good they had it.
Deet

Lawrence, MI

#7 Nov 20, 2008
I knew an Arie DeJong family in San Marcos CA - with Hollandia Dairy - wonder if it's the same family. They were good people.
mamma

Battle Creek, MI

#8 Nov 20, 2008
why the big mystery? I suppose it is some foreigner again taking our land and jobs.
Richard

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#9 Nov 20, 2008
Thank the greedy UAW for the unemployment mess.
CoolReasoning

Conklin, MI

#10 Nov 20, 2008
So the owner is unraveling? Sheesh, ware did this repoter go too skool?
Seriously

New York, NY

#11 Nov 20, 2008
With Thanksgiving quickly approaching maybe Michiganders could take a minute to be thankful for what they have instead of complaining constantly "some foreigner again taking our land and jobs"? Complain when jobs and complain when they come back!! Maybe people should get their heads out of their behinds and be happy that there will be an opportunity for new jobs and likely a means to draw people (who spend money!) back to Coopersville...sheesh!

“THINK before you speak”

Since: Apr 08

mayberry usa

#12 Nov 20, 2008
mamma wrote:
why the big mystery? I suppose it is some foreigner again taking our land and jobs.
Word around town is it is someone involved with the Den Dulk family- who actually live down the road in ravenna, not a foreign country.

“Have a nice day!”

Location hidden

#13 Nov 20, 2008
Cheese factory. All the jobless people will be lining up to cut the cheese!

“Have a nice day!”

Location hidden

#14 Nov 20, 2008
My husband heard a week or so ago that the field across from the Delphi plant was going to have cheese factory put in. I think it's tied in now to the Delphi plant somehow.(We live in Coopersville)

“THINK before you speak”

mayberry usa

#15 Nov 20, 2008
mama knows wrote:
My husband heard a week or so ago that the field across from the Delphi plant was going to have cheese factory put in. I think it's tied in now to the Delphi plant somehow.(We live in Coopersville)
That makes sense with the milk (DenDulk) theory floating around. We'll find out soon enough. I am just so glad something is moving into that plant. It's a huge, modern facility, and a shame to be wasted. Jobs! yippee!
Richard

Peninsula, OH

#16 Nov 20, 2008
Milk and chesse setup.. wow now thats a thing we need here.. Maybee Grandmole can move her office over there. She looks like some rotten chesse
Pat

United States

#17 Nov 20, 2008
Its Den Dulk Dairy. They will manufacture dairy and cheese products there. The purchase price was a steal.........
Forum Reader

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Nov 20, 2008
An elementary student from GRPS could write a better, more appropriate headline than "Mystery Delphi Plant Owner Unraveling?" If anything's unraveling, it's the quality of WOOD's new website and the competence of WOOD TV's writers! Good grief!
DJL

United States

#19 Nov 20, 2008
uninformed citizen wrote:
Unraveling? Nothing like hyping up the non story with a sensational title... no wonder people behind these projects keep gag orders on staff and participants. I think the intern who wrote this should get back to doing weather on the local Fox affiliate.
You're wrong on that one.
FOX is much better than WOOD

“Have a nice day!”

Location hidden

#20 Nov 20, 2008
4boys-1princess wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes sense with the milk (DenDulk) theory floating around. We'll find out soon enough. I am just so glad something is moving into that plant. It's a huge, modern facility, and a shame to be wasted. Jobs! yippee!
Anything's better than watching that parking lot grow weeds!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ravenna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winner of $57M Mega Millions has criminal record (Jun '08) Mar 4 Joey22 146
News Good Friday Night for Holland & Hope Dutch; GVS... (Dec '12) Dec '14 Blackhorse 2
News Grand Rapids man robbed at Nunica Rest Stop (Jan '09) Sep '14 Batch 37 Pain Is ... 7
shareing my wife with others (Aug '14) Aug '14 dale sandra 1
yep (Jun '14) Jun '14 what the really 1
T.Geiroch (Jun '13) Jun '13 Lenn 1
News Maryland man arrested for soliciting 14 year ol... (Feb '08) Apr '13 liza 83
Ravenna Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ravenna People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]