lazy school board breeds lazy people

Posted in the Raven Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
stl

Richlands, VA

#1 Jan 31, 2013
wow! i am kind of new around here and i am just blown away at how many delays and snow days their are for just rain. this has caused a lot of trouble for me and my family. i noticed theres a lot of lazy people around here and now i am seeing why they are lazy. they are taught this by a lazy education system. does the superintendant just want to sleep in or what? i mean , as far as i see, its been only rain throughout the whole county. when i went to school, we had to go whether it was rain or ice or snow. not every student or teacher could make it,but the ones who did made the best of it. here, i see school being called off over a rain shower. not only that but i get updates on my phone, last night it said 2 hour delay,so i got my kids up before work, only to find out theres no school. i just wonder if whoever calls the shots just decided to roll over and push the no school button and then go back to sleep. lol . seems that way to me and my friends. i just think it causes the families of children more trouble than it does the teachers or admins. after all i think the teachers still end up working at home, and should be paid for this laziness of the school board...thats all
Duh

Richlands, VA

#2 Jan 31, 2013
You know that road that you followed here will take you right back to where you are from. And speaking of lazy, wherever you went to school must have decided to just skip the capitalization. Your a real genius!
birdie

Dyke, VA

#3 Jan 31, 2013
Duh wrote:
You know that road that you followed here will take you right back to where you are from. And speaking of lazy, wherever you went to school must have decided to just skip the capitalization. Your a real genius!
What kind of solution to the problem is advising someone to leave? And you must have been just as lazy in school. Correct word usage is equally important as capitalization, such as "you are a" or "you're a".....not "your a". Never point out someone else's faults when yours are just as bad, genius.
Agree with Duh

Daleville, VA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
How many roads are closed in Tazewell County? Look up the Richlands Police Facebook page. I read over several roads closed, and before you make a blanket statement about the School system being lazy, I bet the people that make these decisions were up early this morning trying to make sure not to put your child in danger. Think before you get on a public forum slamming the people that tries their best to make smart decisions. I'm sure every decision you make in life is a smart one. If you don't like Tazewell County leave!
birdie

Dyke, VA

#5 Jan 31, 2013
Do you know what a slave is? A slave is someone who willingly & blindly turns over their thought process and decision making to someone else to decide what's best for them and their children.... in most cases because they're too lazy and uneducated to make those decisions themselves.
just updated

Richlands, VA

#6 Jan 31, 2013
Tazewell (County) Primary VA-16S B. F. Buchanan Hwy passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 Freestone Valley Rd; Rt. 601E/W (Tazewell County) County/City/Town Line: WEST VIRGINIA STATE LINE
Tazewell (County) Primary US-460E icy patches Minor 2013-01-31 09:43 County/City/Town Line: TAZEWELL CL/BUCHANAN COUNTY WEST VIRGINIA STATE LINE- BLUEFIELD/
Tazewell (County) Primary VA-91S Veterans Rd passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 County/City/Town Line: TAZEWELL /SMYTH CL Crab Orchard Rd; BUS US-460E, BUS US-19E/W, BUS US-19E/W (2 Tazewell)
Tazewell (County) Primary US-19S icy patches Minor 2013-01-31 09:43 Steelsburg Hwy County/City/Town Line: W VA LINE
Tazewell (County) Primary US-460W icy patches Minor 2013-01-31 09:43
Tazewell (County) Primary VA-91N Veterans Rd passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 County/City/Town Line: TAZEWELL /SMYTH CL Crab Orchard Rd; BUS US-460E, BUS US-19E/W, BUS US-19E/W (2 Tazewell)
Tazewell (County) Primary VA-16N B. F. Buchanan Hwy passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 County/City/Town Line: TAZEWELL COUNTY LINE/SMYTH CL County/City/Town Line: WEST VIRGINIA STATE LINE
Tazewell (County) Primary VA-91S icy patches Minor 2013-01-31 09:43 County/City/Town Line: TAZEWELL /SMYTH CL Crab Orchard Rd; BUS US-460E, BUS US-19E/W, BUS US-19E/W (2 Tazewell)
Tazewell (County) Primary VA-102N Falls Mills Rd passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 Abbs Valley Rd; Puritan Rd; Stowers Hill Rd; Rt. 802E/W (Tazewell County) Falls Mills Rd; County/City/Town Line: W VA LINE
Tazewell (County) Primary BUS US-460E icy patches Minor 2013-01-31 09:43 Gov. G. C. Peery Hwy; Rt. 632E/W (Tazewell County); US-460E, US-19N; US-19N, US-460E Fincastle Tnpk; Ramp Intersection
Tazewell (County) Primary US-19N icy patches Minor 2013-01-31 09:43 Steelsburg Hwy; County/City/Town Line: TAZEWELL COUNTY LINE/RUSSELL CL County/City/Town Line: W VA LINE
Tazewell (County) Primary VA-91N icy patches Minor 2013-01-31 09:43 County/City/Town Line: TAZEWELL /SMYTH CL Crab Orchard Rd; BUS US-460E, BUS US-19E/W, BUS US-19E/W (2 Tazewell)
Tazewell (County) Primary VA-102S Falls Mills Rd passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 Abbs Valley Rd; Puritan Rd; Stowers Hill Rd; Rt. 802E/W (Tazewell County) Falls Mills Rd; County/City/Town Line: W VA LINE
Tazewell (County) Bridges/Ramps Bridges and ramps snow or ice Moderate 2013-01-31 09:43
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 608N (Tazewell County) Maiden Springs Rd Flooded Closed 2013-01-31 09:54 Maiden Springs Rd; VA-91N/S Witten Valley Rd; VA-91N/S
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 604E (Tazewell County) Thompson Valley Rd passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 Clinch Mountain Rd; Maiden Springs Rd; VA-91N/S Beartown Rd; Laurel Bed Rd; Rt. 602E/W (Tazewell County)
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 608S (Tazewell County) Maiden Springs Rd Flooded Closed 2013-01-31 09:54 Maiden Springs Rd; VA-91N/S Witten Valley Rd; VA-91N/S
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 631E (Tazewell County) Baptist Valley Rd Flooded Closed 2013-01-31 09:54 Jumps Rd; Rt. 637N/S (Tazewell County)
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 723S (Tazewell County) Kirby Rd Flooded Closed 2013-01-31 09:54 Bottom Rd; Welcome St; Rt. 724E/W (Tazewell County) Raven Rd; VA-67E/W
Tazewell (County) Secondary All other secondary routes snow or ice Moderate 2013-01-31 09:43
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 804N (Tazewell County) Red Ash Camp Rd passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 Fork Ridge Rd; Red Ash Camp Rd; Rt. 687N/S (Tazewell County)
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 604W (Tazewell CountyThompson Valley Rd passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 Clinch Mountain Rd; Maiden Springs Rd; VA-91N/S Beartown Rd; Laurel Bed Rd; Rt. 602E/W
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 631W (Tazewell County) Baptist Valley Rd Flooded Closed 2013-01-31 09:54 Jumps Rd; Rt. 637N/S (Tazewell County)
Tazewell (County) Secondary Rt. 804S Red Ash Camp Rd passable with care Advisory 2013-01-31 09:54 Fork Ridge Rd; Red Ash Camp Rd; Rt. 687N/S
Duh

Richlands, VA

#7 Jan 31, 2013
I must have been lazy and missed that day. By the way birdie, what in the heck are you talking about? You lost this old dumb lazy country boy when you went from school closings to something about slaves. Damn Yankee!
birdie

Dyke, VA

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Duh, I'm sure being lost is quite common with you. You've been lost on this thread since your first comment. You know....the one you made that wasn't about school closings but telling someone to leave and then trying to correct their English.

Being a slave and not questioning the decisions of the school board are quite related. If you don't understand it, go over to the Raven Elementary and have a 3rd grader explain it.....you Lower Red Ash reject.
seriously

Pounding Mill, VA

#11 Jan 31, 2013
stl wrote:
wow! i am kind of new around here and i am just blown away at how many delays and snow days their are for just rain. this has caused a lot of trouble for me and my family. i noticed theres a lot of lazy people around here and now i am seeing why they are lazy. they are taught this by a lazy education system. does the superintendant just want to sleep in or what? i mean , as far as i see, its been only rain throughout the whole county. when i went to school, we had to go whether it was rain or ice or snow. not every student or teacher could make it,but the ones who did made the best of it. here, i see school being called off over a rain shower. not only that but i get updates on my phone, last night it said 2 hour delay,so i got my kids up before work, only to find out theres no school. i just wonder if whoever calls the shots just decided to roll over and push the no school button and then go back to sleep. lol . seems that way to me and my friends. i just think it causes the families of children more trouble than it does the teachers or admins. after all i think the teachers still end up working at home, and should be paid for this laziness of the school board...thats all
There was a flood last night, genius!
Wondering

Hinton, WV

#12 Jan 31, 2013
Wonder how stl would feel if his/her child's bus was swept away by flood waters????? I guess they would be on here complaining that school wasn't cancelled.
A student

Richlands, VA

#13 Jan 31, 2013
It's obvious how new you are. Every road around here is flooded. And the snow? You can't forget about the mountain, Jewel ridge gets feet and feet every time. We have different elevations and locations that make up Tazewell county and you have to take each and every one into consideration. You can take your child to school and crash if you'd like, and us natives will stay home.
smh

Fairfax, VA

#14 Jan 31, 2013
Just because you may be able to get your child to school doesn't mean the rest of us can. Would you like them to have school open just for your child? People that think they are entitled kill me ugh.
Wondering

Hinton, WV

#15 Jan 31, 2013
Apparently stl is one of those who think they are doing us a favor by moving here and letting us see their so called brilliancy and intelligence because they moved here from somewhere.
retro

Abingdon, VA

#16 Jan 31, 2013
Hey Birdie,
You so smart, you so kind, and you so important. NOT!
u r an ahole

Richlands, VA

#17 Jan 31, 2013
stl wrote:
It is flooded where I live and a couple of families homes are flooded. There are several roads here that the buses nor people can travel on and people are blocked in. You are an a**hole who is selfish.
fan

United States

#18 Jan 31, 2013
Maybe stl should drive around Tazewell Co and just see for themselves why schools get cancelled in the winter time or when it floods. I used to live in Tazewell Co went to school there so I know how bad it gets in the winter and I know how bad it gets when it floods in Doran bottom and other parts of the county.
u r an ahole

Richlands, VA

#19 Feb 1, 2013
stl wrote:
Guess school is supposed to be on for today. Look out the window you a**hole.
birdie

Dyke, VA

#20 Feb 1, 2013
Granted there are times schools should be closed. But if you pay attention, Tazewell County finds escuses to keep them closed instead of open and all of you accept the board's decision without question. Last week was perfect example. School was on the late schedule for 3 days beginning on Monday. Why? It hadn't snowed for 3 days, the snow was pretty much gone, most roads were clear, and the road crews worked all weekend clearing the roads in the higher elevations. Anybody have an answer? How about back in November when school was closed when it didn't snow at all...snow was just in the forecast? Got the picture yet? If a little snow is a reason to cancel school, how do people in Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, or Montana make it? How about Alaska or even Canada? I suppose those states don't even bother to build shcools. Can any of you or your children even find these places on a map?

All these excuses to close schools shows just what a bunch of candy-azzes you all are. All of you think if there's a little white stuff flying around that a school bus will automatically go flying over the mountain. You don't have much faith in the drivers, do you? How come the roads are too bad for school buses but none of you have any trouble making it to the grocery stores or gas stations? How come schoos close but none of you have any trouble hauling your fat azzes to McDonald's or Hardee's for a feeding frenzy of biscuits 'n gravy? And none of these places damn well better not be closed or open two hours late, either. How come roads are too bad for school buses but every other aspect of our lives keep right on going, right on time and without a problem? Or am I asking question far above your level of thought?

My earlier comment about being slaves was directed to the comment just befor mine. The person talked about people being up early making decisions to keep your children out of danger. When you turn over decisons to anybody else....school officials or others....to make decisions about you or your children's safety, that makes you a slave to them.

But by all means leave things just as they are in Tazewell County. Don't change a thing. Keep using snow as the excuse why your kids are so dumb. And never ever question decisions of anyone in authority. They might get mad at you and cut out all that free govt cheese you little rats have been gnawing on all your lives.
Duh

Richlands, VA

#21 Feb 1, 2013
Hey bird brain, I got some candy for you. The more you post the crazier you seem to be. Go clean out some more of those stinking chicken coops up in Harrisonburg. It smells like death just driving by there and I think the fumes are getting to you.
birdie

Dyke, VA

#22 Feb 1, 2013
Duh wrote:
Hey bird brain, I got some candy for you. The more you post the crazier you seem to be. Go clean out some more of those stinking chicken coops up in Harrisonburg. It smells like death just driving by there and I think the fumes are getting to you.
Thank you once again for proving my point of the (lack of) intelligence all of you keep demonstrating. Verizon ISP's show up as Harrisonburg. Maybe some other locations as well. Doesn't mean I'm in Harrisonburg. But there I go again, talking far above your level of thought.

You and the others keep inviting everyone with non-traditional thoughts and ideas that go against your complacency to leave the area. That sure has worked over the years for your doctors. Now you're stuck with a hospital full of doctors from a third world nation that can barely speak English.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing Digital Police Scanner Freq's 6 hr Mel 2
prayer request 8 hr Eternal truth 189
Oxford Squares 10 hr Informant 47
ralphs stabbing 11 hr i no u joanie 19
triple x alias perfect male species wanted 12 hr Eternal truth 12
cops at super 8 (Apr '13) 16 hr dont ask 10
To The Best Wife Ever ! Sun Eternal truth 20
Raven Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web