Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated May 14, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
concerned

Richlands, VA

#1 Jan 26, 2013
This guy is the biggest joke i have ever seen. I honestly do not think a mentally challenged could run the college any worse. Of course i guess that's what you get when you hire a shop teacher with a PHD in liberal arts. What in the hell does that have to do with running a college? Second the dumbass does not even see things for himself on campus he just goes by rumors and hear say. I mean its not like anyone would ever lie ir manipulate him lol. Of course we are talking about a guy who done away with all sports and hates any fitness at all. I mean come on dude pull your head out of your ass. In case you ding know the people in this area live for sports lol. So stop trying to make this area something it isn't. You can shove the art and music up your ass. Don't like that comment? Look around your college sucks and has since day one you arrived. Sorry sir, but having -269 fte's that you had last spring and it was the record low, THAT'S NOT GOOD STUPID! I think you want to run our college in the ground because you cannot be as stupid as you seen. One day you will get yours buddy. Pay back is a bitch. Now we know why you never shop in the area or go out. You know people hate you and your to dam chicken to go out. Lol its ok because everyone in all the counties the college represents knows who and what you are.
jajaja

Richlands, VA

#2 Jan 26, 2013
concerned wrote:
This guy is the biggest joke i have ever seen. I honestly do not think a mentally challenged could run the college any worse. Of course i guess that's what you get when you hire a shop teacher with a PHD in liberal arts. What in the hell does that have to do with running a college? Second the dumbass does not even see things for himself on campus he just goes by rumors and hear say. I mean its not like anyone would ever lie ir manipulate him lol. Of course we are talking about a guy who done away with all sports and hates any fitness at all. I mean come on dude pull your head out of your ass. In case you ding know the people in this area live for sports lol. So stop trying to make this area something it isn't. You can shove the art and music up your ass. Don't like that comment? Look around your college sucks and has since day one you arrived. Sorry sir, but having -269 fte's that you had last spring and it was the record low, THAT'S NOT GOOD STUPID! I think you want to run our college in the ground because you cannot be as stupid as you seen. One day you will get yours buddy. Pay back is a bitch. Now we know why you never shop in the area or go out. You know people hate you and your to dam chicken to go out. Lol its ok because everyone in all the counties the college represents knows who and what you are.
...You realize your talking about a community college, it's not exactly Harvard you know.
the monger

Cedar Bluff, VA

#3 Jan 26, 2013
concerned wrote:
This guy is the biggest joke i have ever seen. I honestly do not think a mentally challenged could run the college any worse. Of course i guess that's what you get when you hire a shop teacher with a PHD in liberal arts. What in the hell does that have to do with running a college? Second the dumbass does not even see things for himself on campus he just goes by rumors and hear say. I mean its not like anyone would ever lie ir manipulate him lol. Of course we are talking about a guy who done away with all sports and hates any fitness at all. I mean come on dude pull your head out of your ass. In case you ding know the people in this area live for sports lol. So stop trying to make this area something it isn't. You can shove the art and music up your ass. Don't like that comment? Look around your college sucks and has since day one you arrived. Sorry sir, but having -269 fte's that you had last spring and it was the record low, THAT'S NOT GOOD STUPID! I think you want to run our college in the ground because you cannot be as stupid as you seen. One day you will get yours buddy. Pay back is a bitch. Now we know why you never shop in the area or go out. You know people hate you and your to dam chicken to go out. Lol its ok because everyone in all the counties the college represents knows who and what you are.
Shop teacher you are giving a little to much credit. Clock maker/furniture maker he is proud of his clocks. He is trying to build a clock tower on campus from donations and possibly from FEMA funds. Enrollment in freefall. It will be a satellite school soon for some other college. Sad.
disagree

Richlands, VA

#4 Jan 28, 2013
concerned wrote:
This guy is the biggest joke i have ever seen. I honestly do not think a mentally challenged could run the college any worse. Of course i guess that's what you get when you hire a shop teacher with a PHD in liberal arts. What in the hell does that have to do with running a college? Second the dumbass does not even see things for himself on campus he just goes by rumors and hear say. I mean its not like anyone would ever lie ir manipulate him lol. Of course we are talking about a guy who done away with all sports and hates any fitness at all. I mean come on dude pull your head out of your ass. In case you ding know the people in this area live for sports lol. So stop trying to make this area something it isn't. You can shove the art and music up your ass. Don't like that comment? Look around your college sucks and has since day one you arrived. Sorry sir, but having -269 fte's that you had last spring and it was the record low, THAT'S NOT GOOD STUPID! I think you want to run our college in the ground because you cannot be as stupid as you seen. One day you will get yours buddy. Pay back is a bitch. Now we know why you never shop in the area or go out. You know people hate you and your to dam chicken to go out. Lol its ok because everyone in all the counties the college represents knows who and what you are.
I disagree....Estepp does not care about music department either. Rumor has it that the good doctor is trying to pawn the weight room off on the Tazewell YMCA. The a--hole needs to be shown the door.
Elvis

Richlands, VA

#5 Jan 28, 2013
Bring Richard Simmons in to run the weight room and Michael Jackson in to run the Music Department.
interesting

Richlands, VA

#6 Jan 29, 2013
Elvis wrote:
Bring Richard Simmons in to run the weight room and Michael Jackson in to run the Music Department.
At least Richard and Micheal would show up for class.
student

Richlands, VA

#7 Jan 31, 2013
None of my professor ever work on Fridays. Someone told me Dr. Estepp told them not to show. Has he cut their pay?
Student also

Blacksburg, VA

#8 Jan 31, 2013
student wrote:
None of my professor ever work on Fridays. Someone told me Dr. Estepp told them not to show. Has he cut their pay?
There are no classes on Friday that is why no teachers work on Friday. Are you showing up for classes Friday even though you don't have any?
TAXPAYER

Richlands, VA

#9 Feb 4, 2013
Student also wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no classes on Friday that is why no teachers work on Friday. Are you showing up for classes Friday even though you don't have any?
IS THE COLLEGE ON A 4 DAY WORK WEEK? I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT IS EVERYONE TAKESA 20% PAYCUT. INCLUDING THE PRESIDENT. wHAT IS 20% OF $165,000.00?
Student also

Roanoke, VA

#10 Feb 4, 2013
The college is NOT on a 4 day work week, college administration, and staff work 5 day a week. Students only go to class 4 days a week. Some students drive from Hurley, Haysi, Bluefield and Clintwood, it really saves students money on gas. The time for each class was expanded so students still are in class the same number of minutes as on a 5 day schedule and teachers still teach the same number of minutes.

One can compare it to work 5 days a week at 8 hours a day to working 4 days a week 10 hours per day, still working 40 hours per week.

I love the schedule, allows me to work 24 hours on the weekend while I am going to college.
reality check

Richlands, VA

#11 Feb 4, 2013
Walk around campus. Talk to faculty and staff see just how happy they are. It speaks for itself. You can walk up to the president and ask him about various departments. His answer will start out i assume this....... Why does a leader and boss of an organization need to assume anything? In any other business this would be ridiculous. What about a teacher?(i assume my students learned the material) the manager of walmart ( i assume sales are up and the store is great) the governor (i assume the state has paid its bills on time) the doctor ( i assume the patient is cancer free). A person who lacks the desire and makes the time to find these things out is not qualified and is not dedicated enough to keep the job. A true leader maintains a vision and a goal at al times. He is not biased again anyone and allows all programs and interest to flourish regardless of personal opinions. There are plenty of people out there with just cause to sue and win. And i encourage them to get a lawyer and do so. We do not have to sit and do nothing. I encourage politicians and various groups to investigate and research this issue and take action. Do we really want to lay the future of a college who has given so many people so many opportunities in the hands of a man who cannot give a definite answer and hast assume everything?
nemo

Cedar Bluff, VA

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Student also wrote:
The college is NOT on a 4 day work week, college administration, and staff work 5 day a week. Students only go to class 4 days a week. Some students drive from Hurley, Haysi, Bluefield and Clintwood, it really saves students money on gas. The time for each class was expanded so students still are in class the same number of minutes as on a 5 day schedule and teachers still teach the same number of minutes.
One can compare it to work 5 days a week at 8 hours a day to working 4 days a week 10 hours per day, still working 40 hours per week.
I love the schedule, allows me to work 24 hours on the weekend while I am going to college.
Most classes are going online. This place is becoming a University of Pheonix. You can make any schedule you want to. No students there, then why is staff there? I just doesn't make any sense. A lot of things that have been going on here in the past 6 years doesn't make any sense. Walk around that campus and it is a ghost town. Enrollment numbers prove this.
nemo

Cedar Bluff, VA

#13 Feb 5, 2013
reality check wrote:
Walk around campus. Talk to faculty and staff see just how happy they are. It speaks for itself. You can walk up to the president and ask him about various departments. His answer will start out i assume this....... Why does a leader and boss of an organization need to assume anything? In any other business this would be ridiculous. What about a teacher?(i assume my students learned the material) the manager of walmart ( i assume sales are up and the store is great) the governor (i assume the state has paid its bills on time) the doctor ( i assume the patient is cancer free). A person who lacks the desire and makes the time to find these things out is not qualified and is not dedicated enough to keep the job. A true leader maintains a vision and a goal at al times. He is not biased again anyone and allows all programs and interest to flourish regardless of personal opinions. There are plenty of people out there with just cause to sue and win. And i encourage them to get a lawyer and do so. We do not have to sit and do nothing. I encourage politicians and various groups to investigate and research this issue and take action. Do we really want to lay the future of a college who has given so many people so many opportunities in the hands of a man who cannot give a definite answer and hast assume everything?
Enrollment numbers prove this. Lost accreditation of programs prove that. Walk on campus. It is a ghost town. Sad. There is no vision.
Agree

Quinque, VA

#14 Feb 5, 2013
How stupid. The college was SVCC for nearly 40 years and Estepp comes along and now Southwest Virginia Community College becomes "SWCC". So now Southwest is two words and Virginia is gone forever. Was told it was because some other community college out on the coast has the same letters. So, tell them to change or change to name of SVCC to Charles King Community College, after all he made the place is it is or should I say was. CKCC sure seems better than SWCC.
bss

Richlands, VA

#15 Feb 5, 2013
Student also wrote:
The college is NOT on a 4 day work week, college administration, and staff work 5 day a week. Students only go to class 4 days a week. Some students drive from Hurley, Haysi, Bluefield and Clintwood, it really saves students money on gas. The time for each class was expanded so students still are in class the same number of minutes as on a 5 day schedule and teachers still teach the same number of minutes.
One can compare it to work 5 days a week at 8 hours a day to working 4 days a week 10 hours per day, still working 40 hours per week.
I love the schedule, allows me to work 24 hours on the weekend while I am going to college.
What a crock of BS. Professors are supposed to have office hours on Friday. The never show just another day off. Three day weekends plus many encourage students not to show for class. Colege has a terrible reputation. Enrollmemt at all time low.
nemo

Cedar Bluff, VA

#16 Feb 5, 2013
Student also wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no classes on Friday that is why no teachers work on Friday. Are you showing up for classes Friday even though you don't have any?
Enrollment is so low that a three day week is probably appropriate. That would leave plenty of time for XBox.
chingching

Cedar Bluff, VA

#17 Feb 5, 2013
He would love to get his paws on the Foundation Endowment. With that he could build a monument to himself. And shut down the community center.
Elvis

Richlands, VA

#18 Feb 5, 2013
You guys talking about USC ? The University of Southwest Creatures?
how funny

Richlands, VA

#19 Feb 5, 2013
The man can't lay claim to anything but a sign and trying to get a clock tower. All the other campus upgrades belong to Dr. Charles King and had his signature long before he arrived. So a little over five years of running the place and he can hold claim to record low enrollment, a sign, maybe a clock tower, and the alienation of a majority of the workers. Job well done sir. Hahaha. Bet your parents and family are proud. Dr. King had more vision, leadership, business know how, people skills, support from the community, support from the workers, an inviting campus, and genuine personality in the tiniest part of his small toe nail than you do in your entire body and entire life. Come to think of so did the people you forced out the door this past October. I really do think the time has come for a vote of confidence. But u wouldn't want the results of that vote published in the paper. It may be bad for your image and your credibility lol.
downward spiral

Cedar Bluff, VA

#20 Feb 6, 2013
how funny wrote:
The man can't lay claim to anything but a sign and trying to get a clock tower. All the other campus upgrades belong to Dr. Charles King and had his signature long before he arrived. So a little over five years of running the place and he can hold claim to record low enrollment, a sign, maybe a clock tower, and the alienation of a majority of the workers. Job well done sir. Hahaha. Bet your parents and family are proud. Dr. King had more vision, leadership, business know how, people skills, support from the community, support from the workers, an inviting campus, and genuine personality in the tiniest part of his small toe nail than you do in your entire body and entire life. Come to think of so did the people you forced out the door this past October. I really do think the time has come for a vote of confidence. But u wouldn't want the results of that vote published in the paper. It may be bad for your image and your credibility lol.
If something doesn't change the college is destined to be a satellite school run from another campus. People of the service area better get involved or else. Tell you who is a bigger idiot. Dubois.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
christina boyd 7 min Jethro Mullins 2
Shaun Cook 11 min Jethro Mullins 13
looking for john boone 25 min ashley 17
What happened to Curtis Automotive? 2 hr in the know 37
yes you will 15 hr always 240
Will Wendys ever hire someone who actually wash... 15 hr Kayla 0
Obama is a great president-all rednecks take note! 18 hr wrong 4
•••
•••
•••

Raven Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Raven People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Raven News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Raven
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••