good samaritan food pantry

Washington, DC

#104 Feb 10, 2013
Ballistic wrote:
I was trying to say,for people to cool down,before they go ballistic about matters that aren't worth going to war about!People have been called liars,thieves,crooks on this site! If it isn't true,it's libel,and if it is true,it's a matter between them,the RMA that sponsors them!
How can you say giving people rotten food is not worth trying to change??

Raven, VA

#105 Feb 10, 2013
disapointed wrote:
<quoted text> How can you say giving people rotten food is not worth trying to change??
No,I'm not saying it's right to give away meat,to be eaten by people(unless it's for dogs and cats,then be careful!),that is tainted! I've bought rotten meats,spoiled dairy products,and it's like pulling teeth to return it,get a refund.I just don't feel that the people that work at GSP are deliberately giving away outdated,spoiled food,just maybe careless in checking the expiration dates,appearance of the meats,vegetables,is all.

New Hope, VA

#106 Feb 10, 2013
disapointed you need to read the post it is ment to show that the GSFP folks are not for the poor just themselves and it was stated that the worker got a meal prepared for them everyday from the good stuff at the food pantry. have you disapointed contacted the RMA as yet or still just complaining to peopleo on topix have you contacted the social services or the s tate police in Richmond as I suggest you do. I bet you aint done nothing as yet but get on topix. learn to read before you get your back up. got nothing to do with the poor. and ballistic is just saying to check it out before saying they do it on purpose again learn to read. and calm is asking if the workers are not paying attention to dates. however I for one can smell the rotten stuff when you go in the large doors where the food is stored at. don't reply and try to start an arugment with me. I for one would like to see something done over there for the poor folks that need the food and cloths and this would stop some of this mess on topix.

United States

#107 Feb 10, 2013
I got free steaks to give away,anybody out there got the appetite for a free T-Bone or NY-Strip?

Hurlock, MD

#108 Feb 10, 2013
All people talk about he thinks hes the shit hes got more food pantry keeps robbin from the poor a broken down man gets shit on cant even afford his needs from the store..summed up richlands va as a community..sad ppl...sad...peace

Washington, DC

#109 Feb 10, 2013
The good stuff either they take for themselves, take things of value to auction,or pit a price on it that those in need can't afford!! It's donated and no not to your person!!

Richlands, VA

#110 Feb 11, 2013
yes missie I reported it but we will see if change happens. I came on topix because I would reach more people on here. I didn't do it to start crap,,but to let people who don't go there and are making donations be ware of what they are doing. I have done that so I wont be posting about this again. thanks to everybody for your comments

New Hope, VA

#111 Feb 11, 2013
Disapointed this will also be my last post also.

To the ministers and pastors of the RMA are you going to investagate any of the accusation?

Really, I have seen Moon Mullins at the auction watching the things he brought go up for bids and as soon as they went he collected, and left the building and I don't have to take anyones word for this seen it with my own eyes many times. I don't know where the money went, however Moon does.

I will not donate any more to the GSFP.

I will continue to monitor this thread to see what is being said.
Moons granddaughter

Washington, DC

#112 Feb 11, 2013
Is huuuuuge. I bet I know what happened. Let me explain, she was so hungry she ate all the good food. She does this daily. That's why everything is outdated and she's as big as a house...

Washington, DC

#113 Feb 11, 2013
^^^^^^ what does her being fat have to do with him jewing the needy out of food?
ramdon girl

North Tazewell, VA

#114 Feb 12, 2013
Wow wrote:
^^^^^^ what does her being fat have to do with him jewing the needy out of food?

well is anyone going to do something about this or just talk about it

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#115 Feb 12, 2013
This is bad I do not go there I went there a long time ago but I do not anymore I would rather do without something to eat than get food there.I am in the process of getting a job somewhere.I am not poor thank goodness that is a blessing.I have heard that GSFP got reported to CVS because they wasn't giving things to peole when they needed it.If Moon is being that way action does need to be taken.I am glad I don't go there if the food is in bad shape ewwwww.

Abingdon, VA

#116 Feb 13, 2013

Raven, VA

#117 Feb 13, 2013
Looks like there may be a takeover of GSFP,or a merger with a larger company.Wall Street News.....Business might pick up,new ownership....Ha,ha,ha,ha.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#118 Feb 13, 2013
Well I hope the new owner serves the people.I donated money to a girl because she is helping leukemia patients.I do not hesitate helping others and working with a team.I hope I get a job at Taco Bell if not it is nothing new.I do not know what career I will end up with.I want to work and make a living that is what I am made to do.Thankz

Raven, VA

#119 Feb 13, 2013
I hope all is fair there,too.The pantry could be a mini representation of the world in genera;see who is devout in helping the needy,how honest the volunteers are,and the basic leadership of operating the pantry?It is a business,too.

Raven, VA

#120 Feb 13, 2013
general,typo...Most of all,it takes cooperation from everybody involved in the pantry's operation.Even the people that get help,should abide by the rules,not be greedy either,i.e.,taking merchandise that people donate from the pantry,selling it,etc.

New Hope, VA

#121 Feb 14, 2013
I saw them unloading a truck of goods on Tuesday after everyone that was there to get food had left. This must have been fresh stuff.

New Hope, VA

#122 Feb 17, 2013
what nothing new on moon an the gsfp?
go help

Silver Spring, MD

#123 Feb 17, 2013
Such s problem go volunteer...oh you not want that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Raven Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i know who ET is 4 min Eternal truth 139
do men like plus sized women? (Mar '12) 34 min Eternal truth 449
Richlands BK construction 12 hr Construction hazard 13
Randy Smith. A thousand years 14 hr Missing you 1
any ladies free tonight? 20 hr toad 4
Jennifer Asbury Thu Frieda 5
Brittany Mullins Oct 4 Curiousoity 1

Raven Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance